1. Onbestendig's rating of the film Landscape

2. Jason's rating of the film Landscape

This one is a fascinating experiment, w/ a more explicitly conceptual underpinning conceit than is even typical of Loznitsa. Results in what for me is supremely compelling viewing both in the anthropological sense and the sensorial one. Very clearly appears to reference Akerman's FROM THE EAST, but approaches the subject matter w/ a sequence of roving pans, thus also invoking Snow's LA RÉGION CENTRALE. Fascinating.

3. DrFirestone's rating of the film Landscape

Yet again, Loznitsa creates something special and unique... I'd describe it as an intelligent observation, but then it goes beyond that, beyond a documentary, and wanders into a surreal territory, doing so in a very subtle, mysterious way.

4. captainfez's rating of the film Landscape

5. EdieEmm's rating of the film Landscape

Prior to people is landscape. And if we're part of it, it's as its mobile components, migrating with the day. Loznitsa's camera knows this: Trees, buildings, humans, crowds; it pans just the same. Only the bus offers (temporary) escape from this beast's grim rhythm - & is filmed accordingly. (And my own rich city? We just have more "buses") Loznista's usual brilliant sound, image, use of the medium... Thx, Mubi.

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Landscape

This combines the two kinds of boring that Loznitsa mastered in his other films; the shots of faces, applied in The Train Station, and the shots of people in landscapes, used in The Settlement. He also introduces a new technuiqe in this film; the moving image. He circles round and round and finds regular people in rural Russia.

7. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Landscape

Loznitsa again has not only something to say but also has an original way to say it.

8. Alp Yenibalcı's rating of the film Landscape

One hour long portrayal poetry of the ''common people'' waiting for the bus in a blistering cold.

9. ricki-rocki's rating of the film Landscape

Per il senso di libertà che dà alla fine

10. fearraigh's rating of the film Landscape

A splendidly enigmatic piece where the inhabitants of a village provide the wintry landscape of the title. An interminable sequence of pans across chapkas and cold-reddened faces, overlaid with random snatches of conversation. The film plays a shrewd trick, offering the illusion of omniscience to the viewer while simultaneously keeping them at a distance. A film about the very limits of knowing.

11. ysbil's rating of the film Landscape

How amazing is the power of the persistent gaze of Loznitsa's camera ! The hynoptic panoramic shots, steady and insistent, gradually build up a kind of physical sensation ! We feel the cold, the frustration, the fatigue of the people waiting for the bus. Then when the bus arrives, the struggle and then the final surrender.

12. Claude Lepage's rating of the film Landscape

Un peu long mais j'ai aimé l'idée. Ce qui me rappel que nous sommes tous les mêmes avec nos histoires et péripéties banals ou intéressantes où que nous sommes sur cette terre. Beaux mouvements de la caméra et belles prises de vue.

13. Emil's rating of the film Landscape

Pelicula interesante. Se desarrolla de una manera nada comun.

14. Waadee Krax Seagull's rating of the film Landscape

Not Sergei's masterpiece but somewhere near. However a very sophisticated approach to make sense of the mundane. The poetry hidden in the ordinary everyday forgettable landscape of any small town. Lack of resources and amenities but not lack of humanness. Hovering like an invisible eye, Sergei's camera silently lets the landscape and its people tell their own story.

15. Arthur Freitas's rating of the film Landscape

Masterful filmmaking, Loznitsa is a director that I need to watch everything now. Thanks, MUBI.

16. marinos@agxivatein.com's rating of the film Landscape

Like most Loznitsa's I've seen, too academic but sort of does work!

17. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Landscape

I ended up with no actual locomotion, but many reservations.

18. rllr's rating of the film Landscape

Waiting in the freezing cold for Godot with golden teeth and rosey ass fucking cheeks.

19. Sin título.'s rating of the film Landscape

De principio a fin se cumple la fantasía del observador no participante o por lo menos se juega con esa idea de manera muy acertada.

20. Zepo's rating of the film Landscape

La insoportable pasividad de un pueblo olvidado en invierno. Esperas todo el 'documental' que pase algo, lamentablemente nunca pasa nada. Densa

21. Ricardo Corona M's rating of the film Landscape

Excelente la toma de 360 a un pueblo en espera de continuar su rutina de forma resignada.

22. Howard Orr's rating of the film Landscape

A remarkable technical achievement, but crucial to the film's success is that the visual style meshes with a patient observation of human figures in a landscape that is indifferent, familiar and yet oddly hostile.

23. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Landscape

One of the greatest documentaries I've ever seen.

24. Barabanchik's rating of the film Landscape