1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

2. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

The film is simple and compared to the first film in the pairing a straightforward plot and driving concept to the narrative. This is to the benefit of the film. It is welcoming and rewarding to the reader for this straightforwardness to it. It ultimately lacks the other touches that make a film really stick with my as a viewer and left me feeling cool the experience as a whole. Well directed and filmed certainly.

3. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

The word "Masterpiece" gets thrown around a lot these days. However... this film IS a Masterpiece. It absolutely wrecked me. Covering almost every emotion I have in me. The beauty in this cinematic effort is truly amazing - through great highs and tremendous lows - the way the director shows us these emotions is pure artistic inspiration. This is the power of cinema realized.

4. Scott Dubin's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

A sister and brother journey from Greece to Germany in search of a father they've never known.  The movie feels like a extended metaphor for a search for God.  I couldn't get past the violent scene in the truck, and had no faith that the other shoe wouldn't drop and I'd be something like a snuff film done for artistic reasons.  It didn't turn out to be particularly gruesome but my faith in the movie was lost.

5. birdmouth's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

One of the most heartbreaking films I've seen in a long time, somewhere between Ivan's Childhood, the 400 Blows, and Grave of the Fireflies, this emotional piece of social realism—littered with brief moments of beautiful surrealism—is about as stark as they come. While at times it is heartwarming, it makes up for it by hitting you right in the gut with reality.

6. Lorna Singh's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

A sad vision of the world and how it relates to problems of individuals. An unforgettable journey.

7. Saar's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

I am no greek. I have been there twice and spoken to a few. I personally thought this was a good portrayal of Greece, even today. I thought the characters were likable and I enjoyed the movie.

8. David Richards's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

I liked this film a lot, but it suffered from trying too hard to be a "masterpiece." There are certain things that seem self-conscious, over determined. The foggy bit of film, people frozen in place staring up at the snow and a giant hand being lifted out of the ocean by a helicopter are examples of this. Also, some of the dialog was a bit too literary. Still, the film was very moving...

9. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Angelopoulos sends his protagonist on a mythic journey through a repellent world full of social cold. Some of his highly symbolic and sometime surreal pictures are so intense that they stay in your head long after watching this film. Especially noteworthy is the slow and gently moving camera, changing the perspectives very smoothly.

10. mimivulturul's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

11. cuttofences's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Theodoros's movie is a nihilistic, yet dreamlike road trip for both the mind and the eye.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Sur le thème du voyage initiatique, le cinéaste nous propose une oeuvre d'une grande richesse émotionnelle où le fantastique du quotidien devient étonnante réalité... www.cinefiches.com

13. Gabriele Mariotti's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Undeniable similarities with Tarkovsky's work due to the presence of the "maestro" Tonino Guerra. The rest is Greekness in 4:3.

14. CinePensieri's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

15. Fabiha's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

"Who am I? I'm a snail slithering away into nothingness. I don't know where I'm going."

16. Rice Dream Girl's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Angelopoulos makes exquisite the cold alienation of life in a strange world so inhospitable to joy. Many of this film's sustained and often surreal images are just unforgettable. An absolutely brutal allegory about the struggle for -- and the value of -- faith. This is a rare work of genuine cinema, in that it could not exist in any other medium. Transcendent, perfect.

17. Irina Artenii's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

-Are you afraid? -No, I am not afraid.

18. anschyn's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

an outstanding film that everyone should appreciate, and indeed it's very sad.

19. Juliana Senra's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Angelopoulos' portrayals of groups of people are simply stunning. They are a crowd, yet they all are individuals.

20. HSBilly's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

visual poem of two children's haunting journey.

21. Luke Smithers's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

22. Jason's rating of the film Landscape in the Mist

Overall I have some problems w/ the basic idea. Too folksy? A little too much like a moribund fairy tale? But it's a real feast. And impossible to deny that some of Angelopoulos's finest moments are on display here. Which means we are talking about some of the finest moments in the history of cinema. The boy is incredible. He is like an amusing tiny adult. The ending is as breathtaking as anything in Tarkovsky.

23. AdrianM.'s rating of the film Landscape in the Mist