1. mooloo's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

i've listened to the soundtrack a lot (i reaaallllly like it) but i never took initiative to watch the movie until now. it was intriguing putting the music into context for a change since i usually go for the soundtracks after the movie. i enjoyed watching the middle part of the movie with kenji and noi seemingly just living life together the most.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

Entre onirisme lancinant et nonchalance en dérive, quelque part entre les personnages en apesanteur d'un Jim Jarmush et les flottements existentiels des perdants des frères Kaurismaki, une oeuvre séduisante et bienvenue avec un acteur étonnant, à la solide filmographie, Tadanobu Asano... www.cinefiches.com

3. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

4. Nachtreich's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

5. Apaana's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

6. Auranee's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

A perfect movie in every way. Near & dear to my heart.

7. James Kastrantas's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

Le film est lent mais l'a de grâce. C'était assez pour moi.

8. thwitchinghourscreening's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

The film was beautiful all around. Life can bring so many challenges and pleasures. Sometimes you just get handed a bad card. One must find the beauty and evolve.

9. Edwards Guerra's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

“Last Life in the Universe” draws you in with hypothetical dream-like suicidal thoughts Kenji seems to be plagued with daily. The film does an amazing job in reanimating the old romance between polar opposite characters by having a cultural communication barrier challenge them. The clean ocd having Kenji becomes enthralled in Noi’s messy and feisty world as they bond over the death of a friend and speaking english.

10. David R Williams's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

Haunting. Humorous. Bittersweet. Immediately after watching I want to watch again. How is it I somehow feel I know these people yet through no experiences shared. Really quite beautiful and heartfelt.

11. Camila Vimo's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

After fleeing Japan to Thailand, isolated and empty Kenji has been driven to the point of suicide. In an attempted of suicide he meets the messy marijuana-loving Noi. Without much conversation they bond over a sad occurrence.The film was simple yet dark. It provided a sense of movement more than sound which is very unique. Not much is physically said but it did maintain my attention throughout.

12. Jeff Holland's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

a quiet, subtle, and beautiful film, full of paradoxes and contradictions that the viewers must work through for themselves. I liked it a great deal, but not until reading about it afterwards did I realize just how much subtlety I hadn't picked up on. pay close attention to the characters' faces, or else you'll miss some excellent moments, as I did.

13. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

The film, like its protagonist, is muted, understated, and reserved. This can make for great films, and this one certainly had the potential to be so as well. Unfortunately, the film has several missteps that marred my own viewing experience. Things with each of the characters didn't quite sit right with me and left me feeling off. This film also found itself representing the world in a way I do not see it.

14. JoeTD's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

This film showed a lot of promise with the opening scene but fell off shortly after. There were a lot of distracting shots that existed just to try and feel meaningful but ended up just raising questions like "why would they do a first person perspective there?" The impression I got was that the screenplay had a lot of potential, but the direction was not on the same beat. Overall not a bad film, but nothing special.

15. ShawnD's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

An excellent film about mourning and grief. It lags a bit in the middle but that's where we see these two people come together. The lag is endurable also because we know the third act will resolve the plot, such as it is. One can't help but compare this with the many US movies where characters are thrown together by fate, and their circumstance rather than their psyche is emphasized. Not so here.

16. Katherine Lo's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

17. fearraigh's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

At times formulaic and muddled, this is nonetheless an engaging film all told, with a pair of fine performances at the centre (and a hilarious cameo from Takashi Miike as a yakuza hitman).

18. Nick Potter's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

Beautiful cinematography, if the central romance doesn't quite live up to it.

19. Honeychurch's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

nice ambiguous touches. and Doyle of course is great as always.

20. SarahCase's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

The music, the cinematography, the camera movement create a space which allows the viewer to openly decide what is reality and what is imagination (such as the drug sequence). The end is purposefully unsure--- is it hopeful, sad, unresolved, or surprising as we learn about Kenji's past, but it doesn't even matter as it is so beautiful and perfect!

21. Loz Loory's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

This is apropos of nothing to do with the movie. I like Kenji's hair. Men's haircuts these days are so short and conservative. It's wonderful to see longer hair on a man. So much more elegant and stylish. The movie itself has a successfully quiet calmness. The initial suicide action is so well done that it may trigger considerable anxiety in those who are familiar with this mode of escape.

22. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe

Genuinely enjoyed re-watching this one. It's somnolent without being sleep inducing. Great performances, and that cinematography!

23. Brent Landon's rating of the film Last Life in the Universe