1. xuxuxush's rating of the film Last Train Home

rare look into the brutal reality of life at the other end of global capitalism's extreme division of labor.

2. sarahyuniarni's rating of the film Last Train Home

The emotional portrayal of working-class family in China, the struggling to make-ends-meet, the effort to repair their broken relationship and the daughter selfishness in aiming to lead a different life.

3. Who told you this room exists?'s rating of the film Last Train Home

Lixin Fan did a great job in not only saving himself from getting crushed in the sea of immigrants but also filming this fine documentary. I read from the Film Update that Qin eventually realized school is important and took vocational school where she worked.

4. weka's rating of the film Last Train Home

Somber look into the lives of Chinese families in China working in factories.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Last Train Home

Globalization as a devestator of the family unit. A culture under siege. A staggering documentary looking at the mass exodus from villiage to city in chasing the almighty yuan. Moving and unsettling. The sequence when the daughter openly rebels against her father and breaks the 'fourth wall" very affecting. A late starting industrial/capitalistic revolution out of control.

6. beatie's rating of the film Last Train Home

A portrait by Lixin Fan about an astonishing migration involving 130 million Chinese workers who each year travel by train, boat and foot to return home for New Year’s. An incredibly powerful, haunted story that should be seen and discussed around the world. Highly recommended!

7. timo's rating of the film Last Train Home

THanks for keeping me aware. This is an astonishing piece of work!

8. TFCHooligan69's rating of the film Last Train Home

Excellent documentary. I was lucky enough to catch this on the big screen. Hope to find a DVD release one day soon.

9. Joe Oviedo's rating of the film Last Train Home

Oh my God Auteurs you are truly amazing! I just love you. If it wasn't for you I might never got to hear of this wonderful human story, now I must watch it. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

10. Aaron Maher's rating of the film Last Train Home

11. Caitlin's rating of the film Last Train Home

One family's story shows the impact of globalization and outsourcing on China.

12. M****'s rating of the film Last Train Home

Ouch. Swelling tears the whole movie. The struggle for a decent life for your children is universal.

13. Daniela's rating of the film Last Train Home

Ouch when she dropped that f bomb.

14. Tom Barnard's rating of the film Last Train Home

Makes you feel incredibly privileged. A wonderful, haunting documentary.

15. Sean's rating of the film Last Train Home

Heartbreaking, haunting, terrifying and wonderfully filmed. If you like Documentaries then I suggest checking this staggering piece of filmmaking out.

16. Ghazal Ahmadi's rating of the film Last Train Home

17. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Last Train Home

Powerful, beautiful documentary.

18. David Cohen-Tanugi's rating of the film Last Train Home

A thought-provoking and touching peek into a whole different part of China.

19. Valerie Chiang's rating of the film Last Train Home

so profoundly moving. i will never be able to look at a train in the same way again.

20. An's rating of the film Last Train Home

Terrifying and beautiful!

21. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Last Train Home

So well shot I became convinced it was staged- until fists started flying. The filmmakers use the strength of documentary to immerse in ways a traditional film cannot.

22. Sandy Connell's rating of the film Last Train Home

Qin's father has the saddest face I have ever seen. The mind boggles at how the director managed to pull this off.

23. Jerry G's rating of the film Last Train Home

24. Bullitt's rating of the film Last Train Home

Gorgeous camera work and an extremely effective story, this is an important piece of work and in my opinion a breakthrough in documentary filmmaking.