1. xer vokun's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

monochrome beauty but baffling plot

2. Elena's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Fragmented storytelling, continuous leap through time and space, the symmetry that we see in every scene make this a perfect, unique movie, definitely one of my favorites.

3. MisterColo93's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

4. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

5. sissy69's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Like watching the most lovely fashion ad. . .

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Robbe-Grillet gave the game away, without ruining the film at all, when he said it's all about persuasion. Indeed, it traces a man's obsessive, passionate urge to *will* a reality into existence for him and his desired. What keeps it going, aside from the sensory hypnosis, is the living uncertainty the actors bring to the love triangle—whether Delphine escapes from the cold labyrinth, or swaps one master for another.

7. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

8. †. Kennedy Pope's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

While from a visual perspective it's one of the greatest achievements in black and white composition I've seen of it's genre, there were long stretches of the narrative that bored me. Be it by reason of the purpose-elusive narrative or the incessant flowery dialogue that constructs said narrative, "Last Year at Marienbad" will be one of those French New Wave films that I forget quickly.

9. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

This film is first and foremost a string of evocations about the state of and nature of memory and time, and the manner by which time and distance torture and rob emotion. That it prioritizes this above conflict for most of its run is, I'd say, its biggest issue, as well as its occasional lapses into being emotionally alien. But if you're really hungry for visual elucidations about time and memory, check this out.

10. ceknklsn's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

84/100 (Muhteşem bir film, tam bir klas. Baudelaire'in bohem eserlerine tanık olduk adeta. Böyle şiirsel bir anlatımı en son L'atalante de görmüştüm. Ancak Marienbad'ın ondan kat ve kat daha kaliteli olduğu bir gerçek. Sonsuzluk hissi veren barok saray, gizemli heykeller, otoriter kumar bağımlısı bir koca ve burjuvaziden bunaltan sohbetler... Ah birde film tekrara düşmese şu an Persona ile aynı klasmanda idi.Yazık..)

11. Pierre.F's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Resnais à la réalisation et Robbe-Grillet aux dialogues, on peut rarement faire mieux. D'ailleurs le résultat est génial : grâce à l'abandon de la continuité narrative et temporelle, on pénètre dans un univers esthétique et onirique. Il y a tout un travail dingue de montage avec des ruptures son/image, des phénomènes de strombinoscope.

12. HAD!L's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

3 starts for being completely unexpected,claustrophobic and very obsessive. one of the weirdest films i've ever watched.

13. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

re-watch after years, 16mm. So much colder than I remembered; to steep in such brisk memories of an affair, skewed by smoke and mirrors and subject Borges (via a most acerbic lens), and left feeling nothing; an exercise in monotony, an observation of the bourgeois exercising (filmmaker included), equating to tedious absence of anything human. And lest not forget Adolfo Bioy Casares.

14. Alex Pintică's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

I may or may not have seen this 2 times.

15. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

This film just keeps becoming more important.

16. Luca Angelini's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

17. gld48's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Beautiful to look at, totally impenetrable, emotionally frozen, extra points though to see everyone in eveningwear. Would be fun to see whilst on acid.

18. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Una premisa dramática simple transformada en uno de los mayores ejercicios formales de la historia del cine. Los movimientos de cámara estilizados, las locaciones suntuosas hasta lo imposible y un montaje a menudo experimental conforman un discurso tan seductor, hipnótico y complejo como frío y carente de emotividad.

19. FISCHER's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Images mentales, exploration incessante, jeux de société où le joueur gagne à tous les coups. De longs travellings "envoûtants", sur un fond d'esthétisme "prenant", des plans d'une rigueur et d'une beauté formelles évidentes. Mais après ? Nouveau langage ou nouvelle fumisterie ? A vous d'en juger... www.cinefiches.com

20. João R's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Greater than a mystery and higher than a love story, this was pure bliss throughout. These fragments of memory will haunt me for a long time as I felt hypnotized.

21. Joel's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

A difficult somewhat heavily "arty" cinematic experience. I completely fell for the abstract nature of Hiroshima, Mon Amour due to the depth of the inexpressible nature of it's subject matter. This film had all that style but I found the meaning beneath difficult to connect with. This will require a second viewing.

22. Arf's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

23. Josh the Bookseller's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

Pros: aesthetic bliss; score; hypnotic framing; repetition; eerie, anxious vibes; spatial/temporal distortion; 'Invention of Morel' influence; matchstick game; Robbe-Grillet. // Cons: droning narration; suffocatingly French; repetition; (probably) rape; spatial/temporal distortion; mechanically formal; Robbe-Grillet

24. Fabiha's rating of the film Last Year at Marienbad

"I have never stayed so long anywhere."