1. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film L'Atalante

2. RoRoRoro's rating of the film L'Atalante

3. Denis Zordan's rating of the film L'Atalante

4. Aukse's rating of the film L'Atalante

5. film_frame's rating of the film L'Atalante

Vigo managed to make the bleak life living on the river barges of France, poetic...but also pulled off one of cinema's most authentic romances.

6. Wee Hunk's rating of the film L'Atalante

I view each new film that I haven't seen with the idea that it's going to suck. Especially older ones because of the melodrama thing. This one is a melodrama, but it's also funny and energetic.

7. Richmond Hill's rating of the film L'Atalante

Charming and whimsically detailed, this is a fascinating patchwork of all manner of modes, tempos and styles. The jerkily scatty rhythm beguiles after a while and the ending is pure romance.

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film L'Atalante

Road trip on a boat! Vigo was a film prophet that died far too young, but luckily this bold film would later inspire the French New Wave. Most early talkies were rather garbage, but L’Atalante combines a fresh and funny script with ambitious cinematography that fought the censorship.

9. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film L'Atalante

10. Trailblazer, LLC.'s rating of the film L'Atalante

Quirky character moments and rich detail I appreciated. Endearing first mate. Touching ending.

11. Eka Vakri Riski's rating of the film L'Atalante

that underwater scene, quite possibly the true definition of poetic cinema

12. Chearth's rating of the film L'Atalante

13. hemachandra's rating of the film L'Atalante

"L'Atalante" is one of the most beautiful and haunting films I've ever seen. I love this movie not because it displays the perfect relationship, but because it doesn’t. It has a simple plot - sad, funny and humane. The film is the very personification of the word 'tender’ and shows a profound understanding of the nature of what love is all about. It's a truly endearing film.

14. Nachtreich's rating of the film L'Atalante

Altissima quaeque flumina minimo sono labi.

15. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film L'Atalante

8/10 assolutamente soggettivo, chiedo scusa a tutti

16. ermete polpette's rating of the film L'Atalante

17. Kelvin Thompson's rating of the film L'Atalante

Abjectly elegant poeticisms aside, it's like a socioeconomically bitter version of 'Sunrise: A Song of Two Humans'. Both being archetypal in nature, it's another case of material temptation splitting a once-loving couple apart. But whereas 'Sunrise's lead expends his malice in one near-fatal action, 'L'Atalante's is unlikable throughout, trying to shut his wife off from worldly wonder, despite traveling with her.

18. choupinet's rating of the film L'Atalante

Amazing movie from the 30's. I couldn't help but admire Juliette's naïvité, curiosity, joyfulness and her eager to explore the Parisian nightlife. It's a little adventurous love story filled with passion, jealousy and playfulness.

19. Aardsy's rating of the film L'Atalante

My life, my lover, my lady is the sea.

20. Khashayar Mohammadi's rating of the film L'Atalante

21. francisca bacon's rating of the film L'Atalante

Here I stand, brash obelisk of callousness, my hardened elephantine feet failed to divine butterfly wings below the stomp, my spongy orthopedic shock absorbers indifferent to gravel or chenille.. If the true voyage of discovery doesn't consist in finding novel places, but in developing new eyes, I've gone 1 place too many, I've seen a film de trop. Indeed I'm hominid not human, why else didn't Atalante blow me apart?

22. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film L'Atalante

Such a pleasant film, full of mirth and whimsy. I've been having mixed feelings about Vigo so far (Zero for Conduct being pretty good, the rest not), but this is a step above what came before. There's so much sheer happiness and spirit and nostalgia in this movie that it becomes essentially impossible to dislike. Gets you emotionally involved and generally genuinely smiling throughout. A beautiful little tale.

23. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film L'Atalante

Poetic realism forms such an exciting period in film history for me. I love this blend of avant-garde, documentary and fiction. To me the only disappointment was that it could've had more of those transformative elements. Yet it was a joy to watch. Great effort, great era.

24. ceknklsn's rating of the film L'Atalante