1. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Laura

Oh for the times when you could go to upstate New York for several days, not read a newspaper and be blissfully unaware of your own murder. It's a soft bellied noir but none the worse for teetering on a cliff edge of absurdity as sharp as Gene Tierney's exquisite cheekbones. Pure enjoyment all round.

2. Frankly, Mr. Shankly's rating of the film Laura

I don't use a pen. I write with a goose quill dipped in venom.

3. aliasgenius's rating of the film Laura

Mystery with banter? Now that’s a combination.

4. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Laura

For me Premingers "refined" cinematic style and storytelling seem somewhat unfit for a film noir. So even though the film is great in terms of production quality it lacks the x-factor that some of the great noirs possess.

5. Dan Kenneth Gigernes's rating of the film Laura

One of those essential film noir movies with an excellent gorgeously filmed leading actress and a great supporting cast of murder suspects (that include Judith Anderson and Vincent Price). Excellently filmed with a nail-biting finale. Few other films have this one's class and undying beauty.

6. Aardsy's rating of the film Laura

Everyone, be as suspicious as possible.

7. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Laura

8. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Laura

9. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Laura

10. jonijtr's rating of the film Laura

i really love the first scene, the pan shot without pause by a dolly-in, accompanied with a monologue that feels hypnotizing like the rest of the film, while in the middle it falls into noir-cliché cycle, it's still a brilliant, moody, suave thriller with a great performance by charismatic Dana Andrews

11. thebpicture's rating of the film Laura

I was so confused at the supposed dream scene! I was honestly dumbfounded that she was alive, was not expecting it. Bravo Otto! I love Gene and Dana together..When Laura is brought into questioning by Gene the lighting used on her face is brilliant, an angel yet a possible femme fatale. I assumed Shelby would be the one who committed the murder as of most of Vincent's roles are macabre/clandestine

12. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Laura

I guess my disappointment comes from the fact that I was expecting a very different kind of film. I just wish that movies like this one, with all that vanilla glamour and safe plot twists, were reclassified as "film beige".

13. hemachandra's rating of the film Laura

I love this film to pieces. I consider it as the noir-ification of a gothic melodrama. I also love this review by the late Roger Ebert: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-laura-1944

14. MELO TINTO's rating of the film Laura

15. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Laura

16. Jeff Campbell's rating of the film Laura

Ironically, I too have fallen in love with a dead woman after seeing this film.

17. FISCHER's rating of the film Laura

Un chef-d'oeuvre absolu du cinéma, le film noir par excellence, avec l'inoubliable Gene Tierney, pour un des plus beaux fleurons du film noir américain... www.cinefiches.com

18. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Laura

19. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Laura

"You better watch out, McPherson, or you'll end up in a psychiatric ward. I don't think they've ever had a patient who fell in love with a corpse."

20. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Laura

Every dialogue from the characters, especially Waldo Lydecker - brilliantly portrayed by Clifton Webb, and Laura Hunt played by one of the greatest Hollywood beauties Gene Tierney. It's kind strange to see young Vincent Price before his horror icon era. The suspense in this film is marvelous. Clifton Webb might be my new favorite actor of the old Hollywood age. His performance was so ethereal and poetic.

21. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Laura

Preminger has an amazingly subtlety with his camera movements that make them seem so natural. He paints with his camera. The story itself isn't elite but the acting and composition make up for any flaws. it was great.

22. belemir's rating of the film Laura

23. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Laura

Rewatched and re-loved. Watching this we must remember Laura Palmer...

24. Arisa's rating of the film Laura

Solid flick. I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't done a second-rate remake yet. *knock on wood*

← Previous 1 3 4