1. Aardsy's rating of the film Laura

Everyone, be as suspicious as possible.

2. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film Laura

3. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Laura

4. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Laura

5. jonijtr's rating of the film Laura

i really love the first scene, the pan shot without pause by a dolly-in, accompanied with a monologue that feels hypnotizing like the rest of the film, while in the middle it falls into noir-cliché cycle, it's still a brilliant, moody, suave thriller with a great performance by charismatic Dana Andrews

6. thebpicture's rating of the film Laura

I was so confused at the supposed dream scene! I was honestly dumbfounded that she was alive, was not expecting it. Bravo Otto! I love Gene and Dana together..When Laura is brought into questioning by Gene the lighting used on her face is brilliant, an angel yet a possible femme fatale. I assumed Shelby would be the one who committed the murder as of most of Vincent's roles are macabre/clandestine

7. Jenny Coldpussy's rating of the film Laura

I guess my disappointment comes from the fact that I was expecting a very different kind of film. I just wish that movies like this one, with all that vanilla glamour and safe plot twists, were reclassified as "film beige".

8. hemachandra's rating of the film Laura

I love this film to pieces. I consider it as the noir-ification of a gothic melodrama. I also love this review by the late Roger Ebert: http://www.rogerebert.com/reviews/great-movie-laura-1944

9. MELO TINTO's rating of the film Laura

10. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Laura

11. Jeff Campbell's rating of the film Laura

Ironically, I too have fallen in love with a dead woman after seeing this film.

12. FISCHER's rating of the film Laura

Un chef-d'oeuvre absolu du cinéma, le film noir par excellence, avec l'inoubliable Gene Tierney, pour un des plus beaux fleurons du film noir américain... www.cinefiches.com

13. Marco Tassinari's rating of the film Laura

14. Roland Nicolai Fanega's rating of the film Laura

"You better watch out, McPherson, or you'll end up in a psychiatric ward. I don't think they've ever had a patient who fell in love with a corpse."

15. VivianDarkbloom's rating of the film Laura

Every dialogue from the characters, especially Waldo Lydecker - brilliantly portrayed by Clifton Webb, and Laura Hunt played by one of the greatest Hollywood beauties Gene Tierney. It's kind strange to see young Vincent Price before his horror icon era. The suspense in this film is marvelous. Clifton Webb might be my new favorite actor of the old Hollywood age. His performance was so ethereal and poetic.

16. Aaron Dillenbeck's rating of the film Laura

Preminger has an amazingly subtlety with his camera movements that make them seem so natural. He paints with his camera. The story itself isn't elite but the acting and composition make up for any flaws. it was great.

17. belemir's rating of the film Laura

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Laura

Rewatched and re-loved. Watching this we must remember Laura Palmer...

19. Arisa's rating of the film Laura

Solid flick. I'm surprised Hollywood hasn't done a second-rate remake yet. *knock on wood*

20. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Laura

21. Ryan Christopher Coleman's rating of the film Laura

I'm so torn on how to watch the archetypal villainous gay aesthete in practice....and in his fullest bloom and fiercest evolution in none other than the untouchable Mr. Clifton Webb ....... Gene Tierney's cheekbones also slay

22. Christopher M. Jones's rating of the film Laura

some good lines, but for the most part you might as well be listening to a radio play

23. truffraud's rating of the film Laura

i'm a sucker for murder mysteries with borderline cheesy twists. beyond the plot, though, preminger packs in visual cues that are neat to track over the course of the movie. some seem unimportant at first and become important later (the twin clocks, detective mcpherson's toy, laura's portrait, etc).

24. Robert H. Stevens's rating of the film Laura

A great, proto-feminist noir. A great plot twist. Definitely see this one.

← Previous 1 3 4