1. eberhard's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

The price/prize/praise of being different.

2. pumpkindraconis's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Strong emotional-core. Ecce Homo. Dolan's use of lights and music, for me, always takes his works one step ahead. Beautiful actors and acting. I always think, is it worth it? If it ignites the love you have, answer is always yes but it will always need a deeper understanding. Which not most people have. Pleasure comes with struggle. This was really pleasant to watch. Rewatch with lover

3. Charlotte Normand's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

4. Blue Roses's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

5. nadnab's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

6. Ahmed Dawoud's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

7. Michael Diers's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Aufgrund der über Strecken avantgardistischen Darstellungsweise und der verschachtelten Form mitunter schwer zu folgen. Vieles erzählt sich über rasante Dialoge, Schnitte, Musik und Bilder. Trotzdem sehr bewegende Geschichte eines Mannes auf seinem steinigen Weg der Transformation zu einer Frau.

8. IchLeila's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Dolan hat mit Laurence Anyways ein zwischenmenschliches Wunder geschaffen. Mehr Bild und Ton Gewalt geht kaum. In keiner Sekunde weg gesehen, denn wer hier weg sieht verpasst.

9. Epinephrin's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

The other reviews already said what I wanted to say. great cinematography, directing, acting, story, music, costumes. Almost 3h and not a minute of feeling bored. The end was a bit tricky, i had to watch it two times, but, anyways, an emotional rollercoaster. Makes you think. And this is good. We should have more or that.

10. Elinor Lewy's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

A joyous, exhilarating film made by a man who truly loves cinema.

11. simona dumitriu's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

12. Laura Natalia's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

La identidad de genero tratado con tantos ornamentos innecesarios que impiden lograr la profundidad que se merece, la estética visual no debería jugar en contra relegando el argumento principal.

13. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Xavier Dolan is a modern LGBT hero, with his resplendent visual style and portrayal of a proud trans individual in this film.

14. João Martins's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

There is something about Xavier Dolan that exceeds the mere aesthetics in this film. He goes through a real condition of acceptance and explore the binomial of gender that stills confuses a lot of people. Laurence Alia goes through many phases, not only physically but also - and mainly - mentally. A big film and probably Xavier Dolan best film too.

15. vordven's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

16. - Caltiki -'s rating of the film Laurence Anyways

17. Bram Vroonland's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Surely this movie could've done with more efficient editing. Nonetheless I feel the premise was sustained over the entire run-time, even with the circular motions the plot made. On top of that I loved the little nuances Dolan added to externalize the internal worlds of his characters like varying camera movements and color coding. This abundance of cinematic texture turned this "important" movie into an amazing one.

18. Ximena Vilchis's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

19. orangepeelon's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

This didn't come off as some typical, fetishist look into the "exoticism" of trans people that I expected and I really loved it.

20. TheKingsWool's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

How turbulent and complex the love of Laurence and Fred. It made for a beautiful film. I'd say a tad bit too long but otherwise a grand film from an exuberant director.

21. adamjaymorris's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

The influences of Almodóvar and Wong Kar-wai were so loudly announced as to distract, and the set designs were too precious for my tastes. And these were prioritized over pacing and plot.

22. esterorell's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

"Is it a revolt?" "No it's a revolution" J'adore.

23. Loz Loory's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

Exuberant love story. Brilliant cinematography together with editing! So many varied camera angles and styles. So many beautiful uses of short pans at critical moments. Wonderful lead actors. Enjoyed the exploration of gender as both social construct and congenital mindset. Loved the metaphor of holding one's breath under water. Only issue was length: could easily have been trimmed by 20 minutes.

24. Tania Ahmadi's rating of the film Laurence Anyways

The film is visually lush; an absolute beauty. It hovers between reality and unreality. I've experienced "emotion" in such an absolute way. Inspiring story and incredibly flawless acting.