1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film L'avventura

This is the first in the "Incommunicability Trilogy". People walk around wondering if they're loved, and if they're worthy. It's 2 and 1/2 hours long and it was booed the first time it was shown. Apparently those were stupid people, and they showed it again and everyone loved it. It won the Special Jury Prize at Cannes “for a new movie language and the beauty of its images.” Not quite a compliment.

2. F/K's rating of the film L'avventura

Cold and heartless, less interested in revealing the disappearance of the main character, rather it is more concerned with the idea of communication in the modern age. Bold and still packs punch in this social media inhabited age

3. Matt Hendry's rating of the film L'avventura

L'Avventura is one of the pioneer movies that changed films landscape in the early 60's. Slow panning camera shots and concise black and white cinematography evoke a dreamlike, nostalgic state. This accompanies the disjointed narrative covering topics existentially such as love, loss, and guilt. Despite being boo'd at Cannes, this movie became one of the most influential avante Garde films ever made.

4. G. Thomas Esmay's rating of the film L'avventura

8.5/10. I haven't quite wrapped my head around L'AVVENTURA. The film's central mystery--the disappearance of Ana--disturbingly seems to hardly affect the majority of the characters. While it would be tempting to maybe call the film a satire at this point, that would discount many of the (devastating) dramatic scenes left that feel more consistent with the first half of the film.

5. MisterColo93's rating of the film L'avventura

6. Chearth's rating of the film L'avventura

7. captainfez's rating of the film L'avventura

Beautiful, yet curiously cold.

8. Philippe Lajède's rating of the film L'avventura

9. daxterpt999's rating of the film L'avventura

Chic cynicism won't do it anymore for me. Let's hear it from the distraught: why is Anna reading the Bible? Who is watching Claudia and Sandro when they leave the empty village with a big church in the background? No God, no Anna, no passions? Let's blame modernity, sure, but why not root our critique on capitalism? Speaking of critique, why are so many of the shots in this film so awkwardly constructed?

10. ali di pollo's rating of the film L'avventura

11. Milly Hampton's rating of the film L'avventura

12. Frankie Lee's rating of the film L'avventura

Stunning to look at but completely unconvincing. The "affair" just seems to happen without any interaction between the characters. And the last ten minutes seem very out of character. Maybe it was just over my head.

13. Riccardo's rating of the film L'avventura

"Tutto sta diventando maledettamente facile: persino privarsi di un dolore."

14. Mert Kaya's rating of the film L'avventura

3 and half. 5 star cinematography.

15. jonijtr's rating of the film L'avventura

rewatch, feels tame if we compared it to the other installment of the trilogy, but the first hour of this film is basically perfect

16. alchimia's rating of the film L'avventura

a che servono ormai le cose belle Claudia, quanto durano? Una volta avevano i secoli davanti, oggi al massimo dieci, vent'anni, e poi? Mah. Claudia. Ci sposiamo?

17. Trunfos's rating of the film L'avventura

18. ceknklsn's rating of the film L'avventura

19. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film L'avventura

Oh yeah I tell you somethin' I think you'll understand When I say that somethin' I want to ghost your man.

20. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film L'avventura

Spending two hours watching the beautiful cinematography, spending time with alienated characters and figuring out the subtext at its own pace was actually a real treat.

21. FISCHER's rating of the film L'avventura

>>> Le pessimisme amer et sans appel de Michelangelo Antonioni quant à l'indubitable échec de toutes relations durables entre les deux sexes, inévitablement... www.cinefiches.com

22. timidugan's rating of the film L'avventura