1. Loz Loory's rating of the film L'avventura

As a story about male-female power dynamics, this film leaves me hopeful. Anna is trapped between her father & Sandro, and feels no agency of her own. Her disappearance is like a Greek myth; she vanishes from the island of volcanic domesticity. Claudia has agency; she is not a pawn, and she insists that Sandro acknowledge her needs. In the final scene she stands above Sandro, in control of what will happen next.

2. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film L'avventura

WHO CARES? I DON'T, THEY DON'T EITHER

3. Carlos's rating of the film L'avventura

My first Antonioni film and it is perfect.

4. Derrière chaque paupière des oeillades's rating of the film L'avventura

5. Dumitru.Nurciu's rating of the film L'avventura

I went through a whole range of experiences while watching this movie. Excellent movie making, truly a masterpiece.

6. Jim's rating of the film L'avventura

★★★★ /35mm/ Antonioni’s great film brilliantly expresses the encroaching existential angst of a modernizing Italy through the disappearance of a young woman and the halfhearted attempt at finding her. Antonioni manifests a hypnotic mood throughout, the frivolous search by the amused bourgeois on the island, the gruesome male of Ferzetti, the pathetic need of Vitti, the emotional devastation of choices.

7. josé luis rangel's rating of the film L'avventura

a gorgeous, simple film that carries a mystery so deep and inscrutable I often find myself thinking about it when I let my mind wander.

8. Bee Garns's rating of the film L'avventura

A masterpiece. Pure and simple.

9. Henrique Barbosa Justini's rating of the film L'avventura

antonioni pinta o mundo de alienação, qualquer efemeridade para suportar o tédio que habita desde as construções antigas, a natureza selvagem ou as festas modernas, trazendo à tona verdades desconfortáveis, evidenciando um sistema de mundo em crise.

10. Danny Mansfield's rating of the film L'avventura

It's slow moving at first as a mystery but then they decide to leave the island and Sandro's and Claudia's relationship sparks. Suddenly we catch a glimpse of a world where the wealthy are bored and relationships are flat, and thus they always seek out new ones to fill the void, all while Anna's presence looms in the background despite being missing. Quite remarkable.

11. Adora Dion's rating of the film L'avventura

2,35- 2,80; per ansamblu destul de jalnicut, partea apreciabila la acest film fiind constuctia tipologiilor personajelor- frumosul ni se arata din complexitatea credintelor si ideilor ce vine din partea personajelor, pe cand forma de redare -ideatica si apoi vizuala- este prea departe de delicatetea personajelor: momentele emotionante sunt evident lasate mai mult si tot asa, unde e subtilitatea non-evidenta?

12. LomasEastwood's rating of the film L'avventura

One of the greatest and most influential movies ever made.

13. Mattia Ricotta's rating of the film L'avventura

14. DenoResandono's rating of the film L'avventura

Now I know why this movie is booed when it screened on Cannes years ago. Maybe some people wasn't prepared for this kind of storytelling. This movie didn't meet their expectations. L'AVVENTURA is truly a landmark and changed the face of world cinema. At first sight, L'AVVENTURA looks like a mystery movie. Then, it turned into a drama about existentialism, isolation, and character study. An unforgettable experience!

15. Walker's rating of the film L'avventura

Among other things, practically every composition is unreal. Out of this world

16. Juan Javier's rating of the film L'avventura

17. Gabriele Malagoli's rating of the film L'avventura

"Lo so é assurdo, l'idea di perderti mi fa morire, eppure.. non ti sento più"

18. JulesAteJim's rating of the film L'avventura

19. Wee Hunk's rating of the film L'avventura

This is the first in the "Incommunicability Trilogy". People walk around wondering if they're loved, and if they're worthy. It's 2 and 1/2 hours long and it was booed the first time it was shown. Apparently those were stupid people, and they showed it again and everyone loved it. It won the Special Jury Prize at Cannes “for a new movie language and the beauty of its images.” Not quite a compliment.

20. F/K's rating of the film L'avventura

Cold and heartless, less interested in revealing the disappearance of the main character, rather it is more concerned with the idea of communication in the modern age. Bold and still packs punch in this social media inhabited age

21. Matt Hendry's rating of the film L'avventura

L'Avventura is one of the pioneer movies that changed films landscape in the early 60's. Slow panning camera shots and concise black and white cinematography evoke a dreamlike, nostalgic state. This accompanies the disjointed narrative covering topics existentially such as love, loss, and guilt. Despite being boo'd at Cannes, this movie became one of the most influential avante Garde films ever made.

22. cineholic's rating of the film L'avventura

8.5/10. I haven't quite wrapped my head around L'AVVENTURA. The film's central mystery--the disappearance of Ana--disturbingly seems to hardly affect the majority of the characters. While it would be tempting to maybe call the film a satire at this point, that would discount many of the (devastating) dramatic scenes left that feel more consistent with the first half of the film.

23. MisterColo93's rating of the film L'avventura