1. Joseph Wallace's rating of the film L'avventura

The water crashing up into the rocks... A whole world exists there.

2. Francis's rating of the film L'avventura

If film in its purest form is still photography brought to life, then L'Avventura is the perfect distillation of that philosophy.

3. César's rating of the film L'avventura

The disappearance of a friend is the catalyst for this character study with solid performances and stunning cinematography... an engrossing watch.

4. Leanne Staples's rating of the film L'avventura

breathtakingly beautiful. the cinematography is outstanding. the story line is refreshing as there are no answers. certainly it was a different era of film making as well as time. the stereotyping of the sexes fits in with the period. a reminder that things have changed. or have they?

5. Andre A. Neves's rating of the film L'avventura

What an uneven movie. At times, it is absolutely majestic but at other times, and there are a lot of them, it manages to be more boring and meaningless than the characters it is portraying. He lost it (and me too) when Claudia runs away with Sandro searching for god knows what.

6. Roscoe's rating of the film L'avventura

A marvel -- genuinely mysterious, genuinely entertaining, thought-provoking and even moving.

7. vladdytrout's rating of the film L'avventura

8. rebus101's rating of the film L'avventura

One of, if not the, most stunningly beautiful films in the history of cinema

9. KiNo's rating of the film L'avventura

It is a brilliant account of paranoid-melancholic state of random emotions triggered by sheer ambiguity, on the level of core instincts. Antonioni's use of sound is as significant as his immaculate imagery in how he conjures up this unique cinematic universe. I love Monica Vitti through the eyes of the master of pure language. 9

10. Jake Howell's rating of the film L'avventura

She has disappeared and I will not give up my search until I know that there is less than no hope left of finding her.

11. Jennifer Christensen's rating of the film L'avventura

If I say nothing else, I think it's important to see because of how many times I've seen it referenced in other films! A classic.

1 6 7 8 10 Next →