1. Rikard Westeman's rating of the film L'avventura

Hypnotic (in a good way). Slow, but never boring. Beautiful cinematography and arresting compositions. Reading about the film made me reconsider some of my doubts, and I will surely revisit L'Avventura. But first and foremost I want to explore the films of Antonioni and the wonderful, stunning, Monica Vitti.

2. lisa's rating of the film L'avventura

"it was about some people who go to a near-deserted island on a boat. then one of them goes missing. she literally disappears. the people spend the rest of the film looking for her and falling in and out of love with each other, but they never find out where she's gone or what's happened to her." (the day i started watching this was the same day i finished reading 'how to be both' by ali smith)

3. Nicole Richie's rating of the film L'avventura

I found a Criterion 1080p copy of this and it totally blew me away. I guess no one does such good shots as Antonioni. That scene with all those men surrounding Vitti was very disturbing.

4. tsavatar's rating of the film L'avventura

Antonioni's L'Avventura is a slow moving snapshot of the italian highlife as well as the italian love life cca 1960. Although it seems quaint and dated in the age of quick cut 3d imax extravaganzas Antonioni's camerawork and pacing are slow and deliberate by design and the movie manages to draw you into the central damned love story while taking you on a lovelorn tour of the italian islands, cities and countryside.

5. Laura Suffield's rating of the film L'avventura

Films don't come any better than this.

6. 1ariane1's rating of the film L'avventura

Isn't this about desire and its contradictions? The swarming male crowds of Palermo, the confused coquettish female(s), lonely rocky aeolian islands, endless all-englobing sea... wooosh. I too fell asleep midway and woke up in the middle of the night to finish the viewing. Falling asleep is not necessary an indication of a boring film: un film lento rather, like the sea, you can just get right back into it.

7. C's rating of the film L'avventura

I have no idea how a movie that's 75% Monica Vitti's face can be described as boring.

8. Braden Vallenères's rating of the film L'avventura

It's not a movie. It's a cemetery.

9. Guillermo Padilla's rating of the film L'avventura

Antonioni logra a través de sus películas mostrarnos lo cotidiano como absurdo y lo casual como mundano. No le interesa detenerse en los conflictos dramáticos pues solo los usa como detonadores para desenvolver las facetas existenciales de sus actores. Esta pelicula brilla por ello.

10. Log Lady's rating of the film L'avventura

A narrative in pictures. A film that demands all your attention and swallows you whole. Idle people with small problems. Nothing really happens, yet so much is told beyond the ostensible plot. Requires a second viewing in the future, but maybe I don't want to analyze any of this, because it might burst the bubble. L'Avventura just is. It's beautiful beyond words, and if you focus on it fully, you will be amazed.

11. maud's rating of the film L'avventura

12. Jack Marsden's rating of the film L'avventura

The action in L'avventura happens not on screen or off it, but under it. Antonioni creates formidable inner lives, tensions, and desires equalled perhaps only in the films of Wong Kar Wai. The environments and scenery of the piece tell more of the story than the dialogue and physical action. A remarkable achievement in form. 5/5

13. smndvdcl's rating of the film L'avventura

Poetic, and at times, transcendent, but ultimately another art film that wanders aimlessly into nihilism.

14. Bård Larsson's rating of the film L'avventura

Beautiful movie. Almost perverse. You could hang every frame on the wall. Inspiring stuff. Well acted and i love the slow and dull pace and he portraits privileged upper class problems very well. On the bad side is the obnoxious Sandro character that does not really gets treated in a way that stands the test of time and which i found hard to believe in.

15. Jeremiah Johnson's rating of the film L'avventura

I have come to the conclusion that Antonioni's movie topics/sugjects are incredibly dull but I watch them to take note of his camera work, which moves subtly with the characters and keeps everything in focus hence the nice landscape. I watched this move fell asleep,woke up half way, and finished it while listening to pink floyd on headphones while wacthing the images cos the boring love affairs etc are silly.

16. fearraigh's rating of the film L'avventura

The film that changed it all.

17. Joel's rating of the film L'avventura

I was expecting this to be a total winner for me, but I felt absolutely lost in it, and not at all gripped by it. Antonioni at his best has totally enraptured me with his particular strand of philosophical meditations. This film was held aloof. I will return. I must.

18. ARNMG's rating of the film L'avventura

visconti: '' It seems that boredom is one of the great discoveries of our time. If so, there's no question but that he must be considered a pioneer.''

19. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film L'avventura

Antonioni en lo que sería su primera gran película en donde sus ya conocidos personajes que vagan entre lugares deprimentes (un reflejo del estado anímico de los mismos) no hacen el mínimo esfuerzo por escapar de dicha deriva existencial. La desaparición de una mujer "vacía", será excusa para reunir a una pareja de amantes. Sin saberlo, ellos también serán contaminados por esa enfermedad. Nada aquí será resuelto.

20. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film L'avventura

This movie should be read between the lines. It's not about the search for the girl who disappears. It's not about love. Yet these are the things the film centers around.

21. sicagabri's rating of the film L'avventura

4,5 Claudia ha visto Giulia baciare il nipote della principessa. All'inizio, lei ride su questo, ma dopo rimprovera quello che lei faceva. Ma cosa hanno fatto Claudia e Sandro prima di questa scena? ===Claudia viu Giulia beijar o neto da princesa. No início, ela ri disso, mas depois reprova aquilo que ela fazia. Mas o que a Claudia e o Sandro fizeram antes desta cena?

22. DVC's rating of the film L'avventura

Obra maestra. Aunque el ritmo del film decae a veces, hay momentos sublimes y, desde un punto de vista formal, las imágenes son bellísimas y se sitúan entre lo más logrado de la historia del cine. Increíble la dirección del maestro Antonioni y magníficas las interpretaciones de Gabriele Ferzetti y Monica Vitti. Memorable asimismo la escena final.

23. alcools's rating of the film L'avventura

Superficial people and their romance. 3 stars but I give 4 because of ''What do you feel when you paint?'' - ''A shudder.'' Swoon.

24. Zac Weber's rating of the film L'avventura

One of my favorite films, and a visual experience to truly savor. The cinematic exploration of time and space is incredibly nuanced, even if the plot may seem tedious at times. Those who criticize the film's emotion as sterile forget the period in which the film was produced. Seeing L'Avventura at the Gene Siskel Film Center in Chicago was wonderful.