1. Katya Kazbek's rating of the film Law of Desire

I do love me some queer melodrama, and Almodovar pulled it off splendidly, with a fresh take, and without killing, as I dreaded, the transwoman. Funny, sweet, and entertaining. Did not expect the ending.

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Law of Desire

>>> Provocateur et surprenant ! www.cinefiches.com

3. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Law of Desire

That which was established in Matador was further developed with this film. This one goes a bit harder down the soap opera road than the thriller road. Loaded with style, it would take a while before he reached full mastery in the late 1990s and early 2000s.

4. Balthaz21's rating of the film Law of Desire

5. Bruna de Moura's rating of the film Law of Desire

6. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Law of Desire

80s Pedro! And from what I've read, the first of his films to take Queerness as its subject. His approach to drama is always a bit loopy, less like a 3-act classic and more like the world's smartest, most aesthetically pleasing string of soap opera episodes. Moment that brings it together: the hero throwing his typewriter—a device that tangled his art and his sex life—out the window in a glorious explosion.

7. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Law of Desire

8. Diogo Monteiro's rating of the film Law of Desire

9. Diogo Moreira's rating of the film Law of Desire

So beautiful, although so tragic. I loved the movie, but hoped a little more of the ending. Also think that Maura's story had a lot more to offer and could have been better worked. The movie is really good tho.

10. Oussssama's rating of the film Law of Desire

The story kinda took a wrong turn at some point, but it's still a good movie by a great filmmaker. Since his early stuff, he knew how to make simple things look very beautiful

11. James Mackin's rating of the film Law of Desire

There is no law when it comes to desire.

12. Vincent T's rating of the film Law of Desire

A messy story as usual, but somehow I'm a sucker this time...

13. CafeGradiva's rating of the film Law of Desire

14. Kevin You's rating of the film Law of Desire

Mercilessly captures the tyrannical nature of desire. Lets audience experience the one epic love affair they secretly crave but can't ever bring the courage to realize.

15. Fabio Nosotti's rating of the film Law of Desire

16. Inês M Almeida's rating of the film Law of Desire

17. teresa romã's rating of the film Law of Desire

Why do I always find little bits of myself in his films.

18. Dani's rating of the film Law of Desire

+ yes to like totally normal ridiculous melodrama but they're all gay men - cis woman playing trans woman i know it was the 80s but like pls

19. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Law of Desire

Almodovar's most tragic film.... simply beautiful!

20. ijol's rating of the film Law of Desire

Antonio Banderas got bottomed then got psychotic afterwards. My kind of film lol

21. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Law of Desire

a decent 7/10, another Almodovar's earlier gem, my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2013/05/05/last-film-i-saw-law-of-desire-1987-710/

22. ach's rating of the film Law of Desire

the plot is not quite the one written up in green.

23. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Law of Desire

I rly wish Laura P. was it's own film cus that aspect/Tina were the most interesting parts imo, but I did rly like his take on noir even if it's somewhat all over the place. That last scene is great.

24. João Biscaia's rating of the film Law of Desire

Half beautiful, half ridiculous. In that order.