1. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

This was a career maker for Peter O'Toole. Of course this was back in the day when men were men, and women got no speaking parts. Total weiner-fest. Alec Guinness made me uncomfortable with a little brownface. Not that Hollywood has learned its lesson about casting white people as foreigners. My biggest problem with the film has to do with the use of the day for night filter. It just looks wrong!

2. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Whether it was put on screen accurately or not accurately, what Thomas Edward Lawrence did, at the age of only 26, is outstanding. That's one part. The other: the aesthetic beauty of the movie & the collection of supremely performing cast. Altough >3,5 hrs never boring; entertainment at highest level! Masterpiece.

3. Stefan Stefan's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

4. MistaRichard's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Perfect all the way through. Every single moment is unforgettable, primed with the uttermost cinematic beauty. I dare say you could show a still of any moment in here to anyone who has willingly seen it and one would instantly identify it as "Lawrence of Arabia". Truly an essential masterpiece of cinema for the ages.

5. Roy Deckard's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Not an epic just in terms of film-making in general but also in terms of creating iconic characters and illustrating their state of mind.

6. runfromfire's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

I don't even know what to say. It's as close to perfect as I think any movie has ever gotten.

7. anacecil's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Maravillosa !!! Un increible clásico para repetir !!! La actuación es perfecta !!! El desierto es precioso en medio de la guerra. Una epopeya a este gran personaje !!

8. gld48's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

9. VincentVendetta's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

An epic is characterized by its universality, by its juxtaposition of small details and great events, of the individual and the collective. In Lawrence of Arabia, man is reduced to such a detail in the middle of the infinite desert, and lays its touch on the skin and soul of its main star. A shame the minimalistic journey of the first half becomes a war movie in the second. Truly, Lawrence belongs to the desert.

10. ammar's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

11. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

12. MS1915's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

The film is beautifully shot, begging the question: "how did they do it?". However I think that it is largely overrated. The film reaches a climax, peaks, and then deflates once again...over and over throughout, making the picture far too long. The character arc of Lawrence is astounding, but like the desert quickly gets covered up by distracting layers. More time is spent traveling than getting anywhere.

13. Michael Peer's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

The only element that today's epics share in common with Lawrence of Arabia is in the sensory, not in emotion or intelligence. As beautiful as LOA is, it's equally rich in complexity and depth. David Lean understood that cinema is a balance and made sure to delivery on every level, not just the visuals. They will never make a film like this again, not in scale or with an ending as devastating and challenging as this.

14. Jim Fear's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Watched it alone saturday night half asleep. Great voyage.

15. Malte's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Dessert and violence. And very epic and long version of madmax (:

16. ceknklsn's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

17. ASHES IN THE HOURGLASS's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Perhaps the only film that captures the desert more as a state of mind than just an environment. A place where left is right and forward is backward, where the mind may wander, where ambition is born, where all men become barbaric, etc.

18. Elephants_Gerald's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

What is there to say? Even the smallest grain of sand is larger than life in this movie. Go 70mm or bust.

19. Kerem Sadi Ekiz's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

3 stars because of hatred to Turkish side of the war.

20. TomMackAplin's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

It's quite long, but totally immersive and visually spectacular.

21. Konrad Szlendak's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

This epic story was shot with a lot of deep space takes, and take your breath away. I'd say it's a perfect combination of conventional narrative with strikingly beautiful imagery. Unforgettable!

22. Quattro's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Immense, the ultimate kolossal movie and one of the most glorious cinematographies of all time. My personal point of no-turning-back with Cinema.

23. When the Sun Dies's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Who doesn't love this movie? It is an achievement of epic proportions. Every frame is breathtaking, and the story is magnificent. If I had to nitpick here, and there, I'd say I honestly thought the very ending was a little weak, considering all what the audience has been going through for the past three hours. It could have been much more powerful, in my opinion.

24. Aardsy's rating of the film Lawrence of Arabia

Look at that queen in his white dress!