1. enkii__bilal's rating of the film Layer Cake

2. Andre's rating of the film Layer Cake

A stylish, blackly funny thriller, that neither feels like a cartoonish put-on (as so many other Brit gangster flicks do), nor does it implode into amoral, unselfaware shambles (as practically every other Matthew Vaughn film does).

3. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Layer Cake

Layer Cake, a metaphor of mobster hierarchy & difficulties to go through the layers to the top of the cake. Once you are in this 'business', you can't simply stop & retire. This is British Cinema at it's best; fun/persiflage, intelligence & tense. Brilliant actings of all cast, good script & directing. "The meekest man can't remain at peace, if that displeases the quarrelsome neighbour." (F. Schiller/Wilhelm Tell).

4. Francisco Mouraz's rating of the film Layer Cake

Promising start and good ending, the inbetween is just dull.

5. Jeremy Ashlyn's rating of the film Layer Cake

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Layer Cake

7. Ethan's rating of the film Layer Cake

This is a very underrated film and one of the best gangsters movies to come out in the last fifteen years. This is Daniel Craig at his most badass, pre-James Bond. The rest of the cast is great too and it feels like a more refined Guy Ritchie film.

8. Federico Di Folco's rating of the film Layer Cake

Opera prima di Vaughn,che risente molto dell'inesperienza e a il difetto principale di voler gestire troppi filoni e troppi personaggi,senza avere la mano necessaria a farlo.Quasi tutto in soggettiva,con un taglio gangster che non sale troppo e un'ambientazione british che tende ad elegantire il tutto. Il finale รจ chiaramente Carlitos' Way,ma non so se sia un omaggio a De Palma....esordio sufficiente.

9. mattywuh's rating of the film Layer Cake

Even the gangsters with accents are posh.

10. SafeStanding's rating of the film Layer Cake

One of the very few modern British noir gangster films that hold any credibility. Well acted with equal measures of wry humour and gratuitous violence.

11. chanandre's rating of the film Layer Cake

Craig in pre-Bond years. Those out-of-this-world perfect-blue-sky blue eyes of his. The film's sick editing and its neat score. Hard drugs to be catered in malls in the near future is a very 'thinking outside the box' idea/concept. The sniper sniping the sniper+blood on leaves (did you watch this before doing Django, Tarantino?)He really thought he could out-live them but they pulled him "back in"> no escape, son!

12. Mark Tallo's rating of the film Layer Cake

This is a good Youtube movie. There are some great bits of dialogue and narration that draw you in but the movie as a whole was not worth the time. Just watch the important clips on Youtube. I didn't read the book but my suspicion is that it is better than the movie. Not worth the 105 minutes.

13. Jay Cantebrigge's rating of the film Layer Cake

It's another polished lifestyle of gangland flick that fails to show the true side. Well acted by DC, but, it's an idealised world of fantasy. However, it helped British Cinema.

14. rowanemma@icloud.com's rating of the film Layer Cake

One of the most overrated 'gangster' films of its time. Then story is paper thin,and the characters almost comical. Don't bother wasting a small piece of your life on this dirge.

15. raggiodisole's rating of the film Layer Cake

one of a slew of films that burdened the British gangster milieu early this century, but darned fine entertainment, smashing cast, decent soundtrack

16. DanOffen's rating of the film Layer Cake

All surface, but a nice surface

17. Grace's rating of the film Layer Cake

Awful. I watched this film because a lot of people I know think its great... But I cannot for the life of me see why. It wasn't at all entertaining, the storyline was shallow and all in all it was unjustifiably, unforgivably distasteful and LAME.

18. Nikola Enchev's rating of the film Layer Cake

The first time I watched I couldn't take my eyes off it for a reason I had long since forgot. This time around it was just normal. A lot can happen in 11 years

19. Steve G.'s rating of the film Layer Cake

A surprisingly splendid and sleek British gangster film. It emerges from the shadows of the million or so crap similar films made post-Lock, Stock and Two Smoking Barrels to put itself forward as the very best recent example that we have managed to produce. Also, put Colm Meaney in more films.

20. Magic Lantern Alison's rating of the film Layer Cake

Not half as slick and sexy as it wants to be. Only worth watching for Daniel Craig and Michael Gambon.

21. SMCC100's rating of the film Layer Cake

Bond with chavs and drugs.

22. lostlevel's rating of the film Layer Cake

Surprisingly good, though admittedly it's the weirdly prophetic nods towards Bond that made me give it the extra star.

23. HEATH ALEXANDER LINN's rating of the film Layer Cake

was expecting more barefoot contessa, less cockney tomb raider.

24. vvnelson's rating of the film Layer Cake