1. Mírcio Alves Amaral's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

2. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Quite beautiful. You can see why he wrote it for Piaf. You don't actually need the guy. He could have been a ghost.

3. Kamran's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

A woman scorned, like a phantom in the shadows, presents the haunting darkness of love unrequited. 80/100 - Great.

4. tsamaroden's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Great set design and a wonderful monologue. Not much more can be said.

5. reijagrrl's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

6. mciszczon's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

There is a depth in this film. It's minimalism may be a metaphor - for someone in love there's nothing else, the relationship becomes the whole world. And in this case, the red room is this whole world. Unfortunatelly, our heroine is not lucky. Her suffering is quiet, hidden. And it's huge.

7. Nachtreich's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

8. Lior1209's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

This 28-minute short is essentially one monologue, but it is still very moving and has a surprising amount of style. I'm not very familiar with Demy's other work, but I'll be sure to check some of it out after watching this.

9. Alex Khype's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Beautiful set and cinematography, but the monologue is quite ridiculous. So flat is not even camp.

10. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

An intriguing debut from Demy but the film's really shows its beginings as a play.

11. Ioana's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

not speaking negatively, but another kind of acting may have given more power and emotion to the female part&monologue.

12. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Monsieur is free as a bird, Madame is locked in the hotel.

13. Tiba Hobus's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

14. Paul Cozighian's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

15. Alex's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

16. B o g d a n's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

17. Dira Dekriadi's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Monolog. Studio. Two actors. Amazing.

18. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

A comical tale of the self-mortification of a neurotic mademoiselle. Makes you wonder potential influence later on Roland Barthe's circa '78 "A Lover's Discourse: Fragments".

19. ajdehany's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Visually striking but slight. Interesting to compare with Piaf's performance: she generates more sympathy, which makes the piece feel more worthwhile.

20. wemysswemyss's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

As a big Cocteau fan, unaware of this gem's existence I was thrilled to find it on here and watch it. Great acting and dialogue and an incredible real time character development in a relatable situation.

21. Penelope q's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

Excellent performance of this marvellous monologo from Cocteau.

22. j0s4ph's rating of the film Le bel indifférent

I must confess I found this rather flat. I didn't learn anything new about love and I found the approach very post-Satre Paris. The main character did not evoke any sympathy and by the end I was desperate to leave that stifling red room. Next!

23. Dareos Khalili's rating of the film Le bel indifférent