1. Dzernera's rating of the film Le bonheur

Incredibly pleasing movie aesthetically-wise which has still left me quite puzzled. As it happens with every great piece of cinema, the interpretations of the movie seem to be very dependent on one's inner perspective on certain matters (love, romance, family, relationship). I personally saw it all as a perfectly constructed, self-made dreamworld where any pain and doubt is to be permitted for the sake of Happiness.

2. Masoud Einabadi's rating of the film Le bonheur

3. Ethan's rating of the film Le bonheur

This is perhaps one of the most beautiful films ever made. Agnes Varda captured some exceptional imagery in this film and it completely sucks you in as if you are going through the conflict with the characters.

4. mubianer's rating of the film Le bonheur

I like all the details of sixties daily life and the colours, but the typical abrupt editing style of the era only feels distracting to me. Plus the (SPOILER) suicide was too predictable. I still haven't seen a Varda film that convinces me she's not a second-tier New Wave member (and perhaps getting too much attention as the only well-known female director in the wave), but Vagabond will hopefully change my mind.5/10

5. Héctor V.'s rating of the film Le bonheur

Interesting. Almost looks like a fairy tail that supports infidelity. The moral of the story is cheating on your wife is good if you know how to do it,

6. Mia's rating of the film Le bonheur

A film as straight forward as a straight male's relationship logic. An exquisitely dark perspective expressed through bright, vibrant colors.

7. Guilhem Luycx's rating of the film Le bonheur

De indescriptible perfección.

8. josé luis rangel's rating of the film Le bonheur

they spotted pleasure and mistook it for happiness. they spotted the important and mistook it for the essential.

9. Mimic Hootings's rating of the film Le bonheur

Tantalizing, ambiguous fable. Superb stuff.

10. polo's rating of the film Le bonheur

très bien, c'est magnifique

11. chicajomles's rating of the film Le bonheur

Varda on Le Bonheur: “I imagined a summer peach with its perfect colors and inside there is a worm.” Not the 60s but I still feel like post-feminism landscape is this juicy peach & Pinterest wildflowers & picnic blankets listening Mozart. I've grown up to believe that in our patriarchal culture, love is still the worm; commitment, the threaten & offspring, the tragedy for any sensible woman. very 2ndwave, I know.

12. smndvdcl's rating of the film Le bonheur

Gleaning art from the scraps is one of Agnes Varda's gifts. An overproduction of 35mm prints from this so-called 'failed' early film led to creating an art installation greenhouse from its celluloid. Whilst the first is good, the artistic reappropriation is masterful.

13. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Le bonheur

After FACES PLACES seeing this really makes me want to revisit her early works-gorgeous and with a thought provoking ending!

14. Tone Ottilie Frederiksen's rating of the film Le bonheur

I read this as a deeply ironic film about the male happiness in a patriarchal family structure. In this glossy colourful world (Varda seems to is playing with the visual language of commercials) one woman can easily be swapped for a new one as long as The Man In The House™ is happy.

15. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Le bonheur

16. cloberg's rating of the film Le bonheur

Agnes Varda is so smart, she reinvents herself as a filmmaker each time, or she always surprises me! This is a great commentary on the turpitude of a "happy" married couple - where the wife/the woman is replaceable... Colorfully biting!

17. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Le bonheur

8.2/10, my review: https://wp.me/p1eXom-3li "At once, an internally rapier-like, externally glacé critique."

18. Anca.'s rating of the film Le bonheur

aesthetics & adultery ft. egotism & excess

19. Aardsy's rating of the film Le bonheur

Did he ever hang the shelf?

20. grassybrownie's rating of the film Le bonheur

beautiful. outstanding frames. otherwise, it's nonsense.

21. Sofia Due Rosenzweig's rating of the film Le bonheur

Crazy colorful Happiness is status quo Past death do us part

22. Ben Deiß's rating of the film Le bonheur

Not quite sure what to make of it...

23. Epinephrin's rating of the film Le bonheur

Stars for colours and the nice combination of colours. apart from that - horrible and annoying music (esp in the end), bad acting. Directing was sometimes interesting, at least the camera action, not the actors. Script - pointless and nothing new.

24. Hélène Kallé's rating of the film Le bonheur