1. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

I wish I could say that the intensity of the narrative made the film intoxicating, but the truth is that the degree of pretentiousness renders the viewing experience excruciating, if not toxic.

2. εξώτερο Διάστημα's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

+ Green's use of myth is hardly gratuitous. Jesus' story is as familiar to us as Cinderella's or Ulysses', hence director's meddling with a plot that stopped being a sacred and untouchable biography, becoming a modular, adaptable, shifting ensemble. Now the quirk distinguishing YHWH from diff. Supreme Beings was his being a divine Person revealed in History, a full-blown religious revolution! Unlike other God Persons

3. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

3.5. Green's only once banged the gong for me - first of his I saw, PONT DES ARTS - but though the others haven't quite succeeded far's I'm concerned, he's building an estimable oeuvre of interesting failures.

4. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

The script of this film is bitterly wry and funny. What is so consistently confusing, however, is how static all the drama is. Its awkward and jarring charm does not last very long.

5. janh24's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Strange and elliptical; will no doubt linger in the mind.

6. Emmet Holmes-Boyes's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

A film with a unique and fascinating style. Slow to start, i was quickly drawn in by the intrusive eyes of each character as it felt like they looked back at you. Amazing interpretation of the nativity story

7. somerseson's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

I would give this film between 3.5 and 4 stars i feel like the pacing at points is too pedestrian and the film gets bogged down sometimes. The style of acting is unique and the biblical allusions are not overplayed. I commend the film for its ambition, that it tries to ally big biblical themes with a story that is rather minimal and contained. A good film, well acted, it looks beautiful and I will watch it again.

8. Claudia Kappenberg's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Laconic script, minimally styled action, slow film. Touching, elegant, witty. Eugene Green's cameo appearances also are a treat.

9. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

None more droll. Loved this so much. From the deliberate stately Baroque staging and the beautifully delivered lines to the wonderfully beatific Natacha Regnier this is an absolute delight. And careful reading of the credits delivers some final amusement.

10. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

There are numerous nice moments scattered here and there, but the whole movie isn't as good as it could have been. Thankfully, the satisfying third act makes it all feel worthwhile.

11. Roberto Foddai's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

I understand the way they talk is done on purpose but it is extremely grating.

12. Ana's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Excellent depiction of the story of the carpenter boy :)

13. SiIencio's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

A biblical totum revolutum travelling across Testaments transmuting Jesus into a New Age stubborn Vincent scouting for his carpenter dad. The allegory is as forced as it is pointless. Trying mixing incredulous mysticism with a rather pedestrian mummy-whos-my-daddy? plot along with the special treatment of impassive manneristic performances is not a concoction most stomachs will endure gladly. So brace yourself.

14. harnake36@gmail.com's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Excellent - some real gems in this film

15. Zineu Simionato's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

I'm sitting on the fence with this one. I really don't know what to think about this. Some parts it really works and some it's just terribly dull. I guess I'm not as impressed as I thought I would be. (3 stars for confusing me)

16. Valentin Alexandru's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

17. McOpinionated's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

whether realistic or mannered, a film about the human relationships of family, or familial love, or erotic love, should somehow convey that those situations exist. here we have terrible artfulness, or artifice, without the revealing power by failing to connect via plot, character or acting to anything in the real world. I would say this work is unusual, or singular, but not "original". and it's barely cinema.

18. baltigo's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

a strange but endearing film about familial love, found families and french puns. actual rating 4.5 stars.

19. Nelson's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

«Le rat Gargantua a quitté le tournage en parfaite santé, et s'est retiré dans sa villa sur la Côte d'azur.» Délicieux.

20. El Biffo's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Some have criticized this as too Bresssonian, too Biblical. I do not consider these to be faults, but strengths. After I gave my mom a copy of Au Hasard, Balthazar, she reported to me "Too Christian!" I said, "Give the disc back to me then" and she replied "Oh, no! It's a great film." This is a noble film, conscious of and confident in its inspiration.

21. P Teddy Sawyer's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

22. mail@annikastrom.net's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

23. saitosouta's rating of the film The Son of Joseph

There are too many Jesus in this world. Young Jesus, old Jesus, insecure Jesus, Jesus Christ Superster, black Jesus, partizan Jesus, Japanese Jesus directed by Kurosawa, space Jesus. zombie Jesus, Jesus with tights & superpower, Zack Snyder etc. We don't need more Jesus, NO MORE JESUS.

24. $ROBINROSA$'s rating of the film The Son of Joseph

Good photography, very controlled. Stale and constrictive film. A dead corpse.