1. Tyne's rating of the film Le navire Night

The absolute disconnect between image and sound or text in this film didn't work for me. I loved the story narrated through voiceover, but found it hard to focus and connect when the images on screen were so irrelevant to that telling. While this seems to help Duras encourage us to question the truth of the character's statements to one another, it detracted from my ability to empathize with either of them.

2. Iulian's rating of the film Le navire Night

3. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Le navire Night

An intriguing idea, and some scenes work well, but this was yet another Duras film that I didn't really connect with.

4. Pok's rating of the film Le navire Night

No entendí muy bien de qué iba la trama, aunque creo que este tipo de película se experimenta, más que entenderla. Es hipnótica, lírica, onírica y diferente. Los actores aquí no actúan, sólo posan: las voces que escuchamos no son de ellos. En general una experiencia grata, mas no creo que la volvería a ver por mí mismo, no es "para mí".

5. Erik F.'s rating of the film Le navire Night

Walks a thin line between being soporifically hypnotic and numbingly tedious.

6. Andrew's rating of the film Le navire Night

Drivel. The nicest thing you can say is that Duras has a charming voice.

7. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Le navire Night

Subversion of the form. Narrative without a directly corresponding visual component. I suppose the nearest comparison might be 'Marienbad'. Lots of fascinating choices in terms of the visual style. I liked the application of the make-up. It was all about extremely subtle changes. It did cause me to lose focus. Indeed, I found my mind wandering a couple of times, so I watched it in chunks of 20-30 minutes at a time.

8. Pancho Legaspi's rating of the film Le navire Night

“Finding yourself in a hole, at the bottom of a hole, in almost total solitude, and discovering that only writing can save you. To be without the slightest subject for a book, the slightest idea for a book, is to find yourself, once again, before a book. A vast emptiness. A possible book. Before nothing. Before something like living, naked writing, like something terrible, terrible to overcome” where was I? her dream

9. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film Le navire Night

There is a hypnotic quality to the whole but it demands patience. If one buys the idea that imagining can be more powerful than reality then perhaps these characters, like ships that pass in the night, driven by deeper currents that affect their course than the banality of actually seeing and meeting the other, may be close to the perfect representation of the nouvelle roman. If that, so to speak, floats your boat.

10. Caner Borcbakan's rating of the film Le navire Night

An A for the narrative and the moral subtext behind the materialist 20th century storytelling. "Desire, killed by the image." So they decided to kill the image just to open room for desire, without image, with words and symbols.

11. david's rating of the film Le navire Night

Luscious cinematography with terrible sound design.

12. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Le navire Night

I'm really enamored with Duras's disconnected style, which here comes off as very dreamlike, strangely. There's a disconnect not just of image and text, but story and character. It's hypnotic!

13. Michael Epps's rating of the film Le navire Night

This film is about 80 minutes too long.

14. Ronin's rating of the film Le navire Night

Poor Duras! - 40 years too early to benefit from Miu Miu's desire to add pseudo-intellectual gloss to their overpriced shoes and frocks. Hypnotic incantantions? No, droning drivel!

15. twolovers's rating of the film Le navire Night

Film très intéressant de Duras sur le rapport entre image et narration, entre image et son. Les images vides de toute présence humaine font écho à la rencontre impossible entre l'homme et la femme dont l'histoire platonique nous est racontée. Un film crépusculaire, étrange qui repose presque entièrement sur l'imaginaire du spectateur. A voir.

16. ludo bergeron's rating of the film Le navire Night

17. Ludovic72's rating of the film Le navire Night

(3,5 / 5) Les voix de Marguerite Duras et de Benoît Jacquot racontent en pointillés une étrange et morbide histoire de relation à distance par téléphone. Plus généralement, elles expriment la solitude, le désir et les circonvolutions mentales de l'être humain, les connections induites par la nuit et l'imaginaire. Les images accompagnent l'ensemble de façon lente, décalée et parfois agaçante : le "style Duras", quoi !

18. Superfrog's rating of the film Le navire Night

A narration about a dialogue, truth and lies, representation of oneself and of the other. Slow rhythm and lack of catchiness of the photography make it hard to recomend.

19. Hervė's rating of the film Le navire Night

Là MUB’ franchement... vous êtes en train de me perdre...

20. Ad Musicam's rating of the film Le navire Night

Sur ce coup-là, MUB', étonnamment, je ne pensais pas que vous m'auriez trouvé!

21. tidal waif's rating of the film Le navire Night

Taking a certain human shape is to accept a set of limits: specific hair color, sleep habits, finitude, whereas lingering mid shapelessness, the unidentified and indefinite is to flee historicization w/ its evils and keep all possibilities suspended, uninvalidated, inactualized, incl. love's and lovers' immortality. Voice at Duras is a constrained metonymy detached from face it effaces in a vain try to surpass death,

22. Helob's rating of the film Le navire Night

Peccato, concettualmente l'intenzione mi affascinava moltissimo. La resa complessiva però non l'ho apprezzata, specie per alcune scelte infelici (dannoso, per quanto mi riguarda, manifestare fisicamente la presenza umana, e alcuni dei pianosequenza accompagnano male la catena di vicende). ☆ e mezzo.

23. biting the hand that feeds me's rating of the film Le navire Night