1. C'est Bastien's rating of the film The Park

2. VincentVendetta's rating of the film The Park

Where the warn afternoons and the dreamy (awkward) nights meet, a slow and beautiful twilight blossoms...

3. Thomas's rating of the film The Park

Tender romance, albeit shortlived. Hooks you right in from the very start. Refreshing and rewarding.

4. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film The Park

5. Dory Bakiewicz Ehmer's rating of the film The Park

3.5/ loved the night/ dream half; missed ending bc fell into a dream myself :)

6. Angus George Alexander Brown's rating of the film The Park

The first half of this film is patient, lackadaisical and real, lovingly shot and performed. The second half of the film felt completely different, and I think Manivel lost something by his movement into the surreal at that halfway point.

7. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film The Park

Manivel makes a lot out of limited resources and by keeping things simple, he also makes them richly ambiguous. If the first more naturalistic half is a little overlong, the second part moves in unexpected directions and creates a powerful sense of unease and primitive anxieties arising from the dark fairy-tale like nature of the night setting.

8. ofNatalie LA's rating of the film The Park

A simplistic view of what most teenage girls don't need or want to re-live.

9. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film The Park

Interesting but felt like an over long student film.

10. fearraigh's rating of the film The Park

Manivel once again proves himself adept at portraying the exploration of suburban space and the film is reminiscent of Stranger by the Lake when darkness falls. Elegant and enigmatic, its only fault is that the film is clearly an over-extended short.

11. captainfez's rating of the film The Park

Well, that date was worse than expected.

12. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film The Park

The pace of the film reminded me of Gus Van Sant's Gerry.

13. Luke Corradine's rating of the film The Park

A triple bravo for Damien Manivel! What a mesmerizing, magical piece. After a bit of research I think I have the locations decoded: the lake is at Smarves in Nouvelle-Aquitaine and the park is at Saint-Benoît only a mile or two away. A final note to Pagliai's fantastic cinematography. 5 stars and a half!

14. Samuel Wells's rating of the film The Park

Le Parc really wants to be Before Sunrise, from the plot, to the character style, to the dialogue it is chock full of homages and allusions to the indie classic. The film falls well short of this lofty goal, leaving it a mess full of less charismatic characters, more plodding dialogue, and none of the charm to make you fall in love with it. The film did not capture the idealism needed to make it enjoyable for me.

15. Bafzer's rating of the film The Park

Proof that classic dating methods aren't the golden standard. Contemporary classic. 5 stars.

16. alimcintyre's rating of the film The Park

This is a really skilfully produced movie. Nothing much happens, just a boy and a girl meeting in the park. The sequences are slow with little dialogue and a hint of menace. But it is so memorable that it leaves you thinking about it days after viewing. Memorable.

17. Namsai's rating of the film The Park

18. katerpink's rating of the film The Park

Very, very naturalistic. A lot of walking in the park, maybe too much. Creepy 2nd half.

19. Alexandra Díaz Vásquez's rating of the film The Park

I kind of got severely bored. I think I would have enjoyed it much more if the film was way shorter. It was unnecessarily long, for 71 minutes.

20. Federico's rating of the film The Park

2.5 It's a good film because combine the sperimental cinema with a more intimate and personal one. But for me the narrative composition it's more a medium/short film, not because it's onlny an afternoon and a night.

21. Draughtsman Without Contract's rating of the film The Park

Literally surreal. Generally in a good way.

22. David R Williams's rating of the film The Park

What begins as a rather mundane tale of youth falling in love becomes a strange and somewhat anxiety-provoking trance film. The 4th star for that.

23. Carina Dybevick's rating of the film The Park

The realistic portrayal of young love contrasted with an eerie formalist second half makes Le Parc a unique little film. The short length of this movie allows it to get away with the slow pacing. Long shots with no dialogue can become boring, however, Manivel successfully uses them to deliver realism in the first half and a detachment from reality in the second half. Definitely worth a watch.

24. John Woodall's rating of the film The Park

What starts as a somewhat uninteresting yet relaxing film quickly turns into one of the strangest things I've seen in quite awhile. This will be one I'll remember, even if it's in an odd and uncertain way.