1. FISCHER's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Film rendu dense par sa démarche et sa thématique (le jeu, le complot, le réel, Paris, l'imaginaire). Cela risque de rebuter à tort le spectateur habitué à une vision prédigérée du cinéma... www.cinefiches.com

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

3. bagno's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

che rottura di cazzo sti film inutili

4. Thomas's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Mysterious and ambiguous urban ramble around Paris of the early 80's, mostly in a state of demolition. A real life board game played in real time, with beautifully realised characters who make a strong team (real life daughter Pascale Ogier is captivating). Wonderfully moody and atmospheric, with an uncompromising optimism in its being filmed and presented in the bright light of the day-to-day. Over long though.

5. paxy's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

6. Rui Oliveira's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

This bizarre urban tale by Jacques Rivette takes us on an unusual journey through the streets, alleys and abandoned/ruined places in Paris, showing us the French capital in transformation, in the beginning of the 80s. Partly surreal, partly symbolic, this is a film that you first resist and then assimilate slowly as the narrative progresses. With a spy/crime background the spirit of the French Nouvelle Vague is here.

7. Benjamin Bland's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Half an hour too long, but still quite delightful.

8. Ashleyp's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Lots to like about this film but ultimately unsatisfying.

9. Laura Hitchman's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

It did have some nice touches but I found it a bit boring over all.

10. DrFirestone's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Great Parisian atmosphere of the early 80's, interesting and moody locations, many of which get literally demolished in front of the camera... Reoccurring contrast between old and modern architecture. I think the subtle, but at the same time almost improvised style of acting worked well in this film. Mysterious, dreamy, surreal...

11. Oneb's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Paris in the 80s, no mobile communications, karate. The performances are excellent, the flow from scene to scene is hypnotic, but it's felled by a laboured conspiracy and all a bit insular.

12. Real_Stephanie's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Sweet and playful but much too long for my liking. For lovers of Rivette's portrayal of female friendship and deadpan surrealism, I recommend his earlier masterstroke "Celine and Julie Go Boating".

13. Tja's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Bring the lives of three impecunious nutters into alignment in Paris and toss in a gun or two. Result: charm and whimsy because its French, and underlying despair because they ain't going nowhere.

14. PanelSystem's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Urban surrealism in which two women talk, shop for shoes, toy with organized crime, and reimagine board games. Its narrative freedom is infectious, its nonsense mainly verbal (though against a background of sculpted lions, staircases and demolition sites). A star rating is difficult here (2? 5?), but its oddness is its greatest asset. Baptiste is a memorable weirdo with great headphones.

15. Superfrog's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Wish I could give more. The experience of Paris in 1980 is rather breathtaking but the good ideas do not convincingly mesh to make a whole.

16. Hugh Palmer's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Baptiste is a real creation! What a tragedy that Pascale Ogier died so young.

17. Miggy Angel's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

"real life is a reign of terror" a work of psycho geography jacques bulle and pascale's poem to paris

18. FéverParallésime's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Finding meaning in this would mean looking too hard

19. mstrschld's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

What is this film about? So beautifully shot, so long, So obscure and in the end so boring. I stuck it out because I was so hungry for film but in the end was disgusted..There was no way for me to understand the rules of the game they were playing. Rivette has to be one of the most extravagant film spendthrifts who ever picked up a camera.

20. Lynch/Fellini's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Highly mysterious and Rivette smartly decides leave his film ambiguous, forcing his audience to continue on their journey down the rabbit hole.

21. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

22. Eric Sherwood's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

I enjoy this film not because of its "filmness." I love it like a close friend. One that talks with you, often tries to nudge you in the right direction. To see the crumb on one's shoulder. Rivette Offers up the slippages of ideology, and together we parse out the nonsencial, the absolute. Together we begin, not always fun or enjoyable, but neither tragic.

23. T Mills's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

When most amused, I saw this film as Parallax View or Three Days of the Condor through the lens of the New Wave.

24. mpho3's rating of the film Le pont du Nord

Co-written by Rivette and the real life mother-daughter leads, Le Pont's "ensuing journey is at once playful and tense, loaded with wry cine-references and propelled by an ebullient energy that suggests each new wrinkle of the plot were being dictated by a roll of the dice." (Jake Cole, Slant). Even more poignant given Pascale Ogier's death three years later at age 25.