1. P D Dawson's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Stunning film, without words, yet powerful and evocative.

2. Balthaz21's rating of the film Le quattro volte

3. Samantha Von Busch's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Le Quattro Volte explores Pythagoras' transmigration of the soul through human, animal, plant, and mineral: each "phase" contributes to the town it occupies, implying the soul not as an entity connected to a spiritual being, but as energy that cannot be made or destroyed, only passed between the four "elements". Wonderfully shot, wonderfully told.

4. Florence's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Somewhere between documentary and fiction, you follow life as it goes and plays

5. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Le quattro volte

6. EdieEmm's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Isn't film maybe death, 24 times a second? And millions of small transmigrations? After the movie, when my consciousness had resumed it's position in the mundane world, that's sort of what seemed must've happened. Some sort of transcendence. Some passage. Something encompassing and sublime. Also goats! (So many goats!!) There's really no way to do this film justice. Uncannily inspired filmmaking.

7. klofter's rating of the film Le quattro volte

One you settle into the film's rhythm you're really swept up in an unusual and transcendent cinematic journey. I won't pretend I fully got everything the film tries to communicate upon my first viewing (missed it in theatres, could kick myself now for it), but at all times I was confident I was in the hands of a master. A beautiful, enigmatic and poetic film that celebrates life. I want to see it again and again.

8. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Bucolic Italo-Cultur Nothing-Core... Beautiful!

9. Daniel G's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Loved the unusual storyline and thoughtful construction. The soul moved in not-so-obvious ways and sometimes joined already living things.

10. Luis Camey's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Excelente película, su narrativa es precisa. altamente recomendable.

11. Raul Duarte's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Sin diálogo y no los necesita, nos cuenta una historia hermosa de la vida.

12. emlomm's rating of the film Le quattro volte

"Las cuatro estaciones" es una película centrada en la repetición. La repetición de encuadres, personajes y escenarios; planteados en distintas situaciones y con diversos tonos. Ésta ofrece a la audiencia un retrato bello, alegre y en ocasiones triste, de un pueblo rural en Italia. Sin una sola línea de diálogo, por momentos, resulta de los más cómica. Los personajes tienen algo de Herzog, especialmente los animales.

13. Victoriana Gaye's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Poetic, the scenery like paintings. Refreshingly peaceful. No actors no dialogue. The cycle of village life.

14. Anton's rating of the film Le quattro volte

15. Fabio Ornelas's rating of the film Le quattro volte

The greatness of this film resides on its quite unusual narrative as well as its sublime imagery.

16. EEE333's rating of the film Le quattro volte

kind of made me hate humans, they're looking so out of world in this film, such strangers in a beautiful scenery. it broke my heart when that careless shepheard just lost the baby goat... and I hated how they humiliated that tree. loved how so much is being told just through pictures and sounds.

17. janh24's rating of the film Le quattro volte

A joyous film that is positively brimming with life!

18. Elena Lazic's rating of the film Le quattro volte

cried from the goat sequence to the end

19. TheCentralRuhr's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Pretty solid - it's got me eager to return to it in a couple days. Aspects of the direction and aesthetics reveal shades of Costa and Koppel's Sleep Furiously. Frammartino's self discipline in maintaining the film's subtle nuances is immense, reflecting the Pythagorean life cycles with an absolute economy of visual storytelling.

20. Joao Pedro Amorim's rating of the film Le quattro volte

one feels part of the universe after watching this beautifully crafted film.

21. Demetria Moondance's rating of the film Le quattro volte

I have seen a lot of this activity in my grandparents goat village in Greece :) Besides that the visuals and scenery were familiar to me, the intent was perfectly executed. This film says everything, without dialogue.

22. Anna's rating of the film Le quattro volte

Truly makes one look at the world in a new way. Our bodies may gather dust in a casket, our carcass may rot against the rocks, our ash may fertilize the soil, but the soul, it lives on!

23. El Biffo's rating of the film Le quattro volte

24. amanda wild's rating of the film Le quattro volte

saw it in the theater twice and would happily do it again

← Previous 1 3 4