1. itwstlnd's rating of the film Le révélateur

confused metaphorical tableaux around the concept of family... again... the results might not be interesting the slightest but it's fine because it's always good to go have fun filming a movie in the woods with your friends

2. DrFirestone's rating of the film Le révélateur

This is a dreamy, surreal trip, a subconscious stream of ideas or memories. It seems to revolve around family and man vs woman relationship. Incredible experimental cinematography, amazing use of light and shadow. Impressive and dynamic camerawork that contrasts with the fey "reality". Other-wordly and trippy performances. The lack of sound gives it a slightly haunting, even more dreamy and surreal feeling.

3. moniquekidman's rating of the film Le révélateur

Striking B&W images strung together as if to represent a stream of consciousness. The lighting, especially, creates an incredibly haunting atmosphere that supports the film through its experimental construction.

4. Ludovic72's rating of the film Le révélateur

Une expérimentation onirique et symbolique absolument silencieuse, qui oblige à se concentrer sur le rythme, les mouvements, les objets, les contrastes jour / nuit / flashs de lumière... Elle dégage une atmosphère intéressante, entre la poésie du regard de l'enfance et la lassitude de l'âge adulte. Mais ce "conte initiatique" finit par trop durer, en raison de sa lenteur et de son approche obscure et répétitive.

5. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Le révélateur

The film has an episodic, surreal and dreamy narrative. It is not my cup of tea; yet the images are powerful.

6. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Le révélateur

This is somewhat outside the realm of my vocabulary; you see the lonliness of a child through the child's perspective, which makes the adults, as atractive and bohemian as they look, seem petty and childish themselves. Hard to watch without any sound but visually very rewarding with gorgeous images.

7. panagiotatos's rating of the film Le révélateur

7/10, the family through the subconscious and dreams of a child. Interesting movie.

8. Samuel Wells's rating of the film Le révélateur

Distant and atmospheric, the film tells a tale that in most films would feel mundane. But with the touches and affectations that were brought to the film, the world felt different, strange, and most importantly unique. The film succeeded in drawing in the viewer, not only asking more attention due to the silence, but also demanding us to look at the smaller touches that each character had in each scene. Brilliant.

9. AVA's rating of the film Le révélateur

Einfach und doch aussagekräftig.Mit jeder Menge Spielraum für eigene Interpretation.

10. captainfez's rating of the film Le révélateur

Your Dad's A Gallic Shitbag With A Great Coat: the silent acid trip.

11. David R Williams's rating of the film Le révélateur

Family home movies meet trance film. Self indulgent as only the best experimental cinema can be. Love how Garrel blasts light at his subjects.

12. Corey's rating of the film Le révélateur

Kinda cool - dream like scenes with a lose narrative around a family. Not just silent - no soundtrack at all. That made it kind of hard to focus.

13. Dan and Val Freeman's rating of the film Le révélateur

Hard to dig through with no sound and little narrative but some amazing sequences ... and 24 hours after I had to revise my score up to 4/5 from 3/5 ... the images are sticking with me

14. Cependant's rating of the film Le révélateur

15. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Le révélateur

Fantastic (and simple) B&W and no sound feature. Imagery story telling about abandonment, dynamics family.

16. Jacques de Villiers's rating of the film Le révélateur

Completely soundless Oedipal psychodrama shot in exquisite high-contrast B&W. The kind of film so good-looking it could fill a house with framed stills (and the quality of this MUBI print makes it sparkle). So it's a pity the Freudian overtones and staid gender roles make it feel so dated. Couldn't shake the feeling it's more fun viewed as raw footage to make a music video from than as a finished movie.

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Le révélateur

Although hard to rate as an actual film experience, Le Revelateur is a beautiful, silent, collage of black and white imagery. Just don't ask me to explain it.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Le révélateur

Experimental silent film. I was able to glean things from it. The beginning especially. Strong use of lighting with the black and white filming. Some visually arresting tracking shots that are intriguing. Overall, however, this wasn't something that I enjoyed or got much out of. I'm sure others who dig this style of cinema would enjoy this more than I did.

19. findfilm's rating of the film Le révélateur

This black and white silent film is packed with symbolism presumably drawn on the director's own life experience and particularly the struggles of his parents to raise their only child in the face of adversity. Or possibly not - the director invites interpretation as he presents each scene framed simply but boldly and with the threads of a narrative based on a child's apparent loneliness. A thoroughly unique film.

20. Superfrog's rating of the film Le révélateur

Will give it another try with 100% attention. Good photography but the symbolism that I imagine holds this thing together was mostly lost on me. Really very silent. Reggio's Visitors has less image and more music, and I think I would have gone for something alike in this case. In an actual theater, it might make more sense.

21. Pierre.F's rating of the film Le révélateur

Film très puissant servi par des contrastes lumineux sursignifiants et d'amples mouvements de caméras qui retracent la réalité indicible à laquelle ce film nous confronte.

22. lou.'s rating of the film Le révélateur

Il n'as pas de sonore, mais il n'est pas du tout muet ce beau film presque surréaliste — dans sa nature expérimentale, joué sur plusieurs fortes contrastes et un symbolysme puissant. J'ai l'impression d'entendre la voix de l'enfant qui suit ses parents: sont-ils en fuit? La narration a l'air d'un rêve hanté auquel seulement mon cher (en tous sens) anayliste pourrait donner une explication.

23. Stefano Leone's rating of the film Le révélateur

an hidden gem, a Freudian dream visionary and aesthetically impressive, with an extraordinary use of black and white cinematography.

24. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Le révélateur

PHONY ART. Experimental ou underground? Plutôt un néant artistique. LAFFONT si belle y est moche, l'extraordinaire TERZIEFF y est insignifiant, la palme revient au gosse qu'on fait courir la nuit sur une nationale. === Experimental or underground? More like artistic nothingness. LAFFONT so beautiful is bad, the extraordinary TERZIEFF is insignificant, the award goes to the kid that runs at night on a national road.