1. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film Lebanon

2. Caramel Cookie's rating of the film Lebanon

It's an interesting choice to film in such a reduced space and the film makers have solved it very beautifully with the camera. Unfortunately I felt the script a bit predictable and at times too much "message sending" going on for my liking... it's a bit of moral kitsch at times. Still well done enough to warrant a watch.

3. Peiizhu*'s rating of the film Lebanon

Películas que se tienen que ver de LEY

4. El Mau's rating of the film Lebanon

Siempre que releo "La Guerra y la Paz", pienso en lo banal y estúpida que es toda guerra... esta sensación me dejo esta excelente película...

5. Jonathan Grajeda's rating of the film Lebanon

Una película que intenta mostrar la debilidad de un depredador, sin embargo, su fragilidad de la trama no le alcanza para mantenerse de pie y todo comienza a ser repetitivo. Si hay algo que rescatar, sin duda es la fotografía y la sobresaliente mezcla de sonido.

6. suede's rating of the film Lebanon

Impressively filmed chamber play confined to a tank crew's inside perspective. Offers a new angle on soldiers in contemporary combat, and on war in this region. And yes, phenomenal closing shot.

7. pixement's rating of the film Lebanon

A very restricted production that might be falling short for such an amazing set of characters and conflicts.

8. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Lebanon

9. Karl J. Kipling's rating of the film Lebanon

Earnestness just isn't enough. Brings nothing to the long dreary line of movies that tell us war is hell.

10. Shiny Pete's rating of the film Lebanon

Vermittelt die Beklemmung die man als insasse durch mangelnde Wahrnehmung und überhaupt durch das eingepfercht sein hat recht gut.

11. msmichel's rating of the film Lebanon

A clever look on the human cost of war internalized within an Israeli tank during the war with Lebanon in 1982. The characters are basically stock but the film still delivers it's message with creativity and claustrophobia. Maoz based it on his own experiences and that first hand knowledge is evident in the details. Cinematography by Bejach is sublime putting us smack dab in the midst of conflict. Top notch sound.

12. Massimiliano (Max) Amato's rating of the film Lebanon

13. bennievermeer's rating of the film Lebanon

'Lebanon' confines the entire film to the inside of a tank, whose only window on the world is through the crosshairs of its gunsight. As it drives into an unspecified urban area in Lebanon, the claustrophobia is palpable in the cramped and filthy bowels of this infernal machine, as is the fear of the four soldiers trapped inside. Read my full review: www.brnrd.net/blog/archive/2010/12/12/waltz-with-bashir-lebanon

14. Ryan Borja's rating of the film Lebanon

Based on the video trailer I watched earlier, this looks like an interesting and strong film. The images are riveting and powerful enough to stir one to be critical about futility of war. Obviously, war has been tackled very commonly in films, so the bigger question is whether we need another war film to teach us about the atrocities of gun battle.

15. Junda Mane's rating of the film Lebanon

Bonus points for taking place mainly inside a tank (with some impressive use of cinematography). It really gives the film a distinct feel separate from other war epics (even though the narrative is pretty standard war-fare). Still a terrific effort from Israel.

16. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Lebanon

War is ugly. Really ugly. No propaganda can cover that.

17. michael.p.ellis@ntlworld.com's rating of the film Lebanon

Like no other movie I have ever seen. Much of the footage shot through the gun sight of a tank. The most up close and personal insight into the devastating horrors of war. This should be mandatory viewing for every politician. This movie will leave its mark on you.

18. Denis Zordan's rating of the film Lebanon

19. Nadin's rating of the film Lebanon

I was disappointed. I saw the trailer and got hooked up on it. I thought it could be a nice link to Waltz with Bashir. But it never left a real impression on me.

20. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Lebanon

Beautifully filmed so kudos on the cinematography. And the makeup. I never got a sense of the characters though, other than a few routine character traits, and I never really cared about what was happening. I look forward to more films from Samuel Maoz though because nothing in the movie was bad and what he did well he did very well.

21. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Lebanon

22. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Lebanon

It looks like something it really isn't. Easily forgotten.

23. acidcow's rating of the film Lebanon

Great movie. one of the best warmovies i have seen in years.

24. Leandro Schonfelder's rating of the film Lebanon

The director's only concern is to show the "horrors of war", and he won't bother using all kinds of clichés to achieve it. Terrible.