1. Alessandro Molina's rating of the film Lemon

2. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Lemon

Lemon - My positive experience with “Sun Song” has inspired me to explore the avant-garde side of cinema more. This is a good place to start I think. Barebones cinema just like that previously mentioned one, making its subject one of the oldest in the movies: light and shadow. Proving there’s the kind of filmmaking genius that uses elaborate tracking shots and swooping cameras, but also the kind that films fruit.

3. BRÄTwurst's rating of the film Lemon

4. filmcapsule's rating of the film Lemon

The conceptual simplicity of the film, and the humility of the simple lemon, make it a perfect canvas on which to experiment with the play of light and the beautiful textures of film. Patterns of light seem to dance and shake within the imperfect contours of the fruit. Whether it's a trick of the eye or a digital artifact hardly matters: all of these elements become part of the experience and part of the text.

5. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Lemon

6. Chichago_'s rating of the film Lemon

This silent short film shows that lighting can set different kind of moods and give a character to the object.

7. Shayan Bazri's rating of the film Lemon

8. Ryan Mulhern's rating of the film Lemon

9. Vieuxcapitaine's rating of the film Lemon

10. Steve Pulaski's rating of the film Lemon

Would've been great if there was some beautiful classical music in the background. But this is truly an interesting look at things when shadows and light are cast on them.

11. Drunken Father Figure of Old's rating of the film Lemon

I was kind of shocked by how riveted I was by this film! I never thought a lemon could be so monolithic and mysterious.

12. Matthew_Lucas's rating of the film Lemon

Essentially an extended art installation, Hollis Frampton's LEMON is a single extended take of a lemon using light to play off it like the cycles of the moon. Mesmerizing and strangely melancholy, the film features none of more avant-garde editing and camera trickery so prevalent in his early work, but is arguably the finest achievement of the first part of his career.