1. caddie's rating of the film L'enfant

[3.5] Growing up in one's mind is the realization of the responsibility we have to the people that are surrounding us.

2. kinotopia's rating of the film L'enfant

eugenics advocacy movie? did people in belgium really go around with that much cash on them?

3. Blue Roses's rating of the film L'enfant

4. Loud Rocks's rating of the film L'enfant

5. FISCHER's rating of the film L'enfant

Acteurs magistraux et réalisation parfaite, une Palme d'Or amplement méritée ! www.cinefiches.com

6. I'm a cyborg, but that's okay's rating of the film L'enfant

7. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film L'enfant

(Long-planned, long-delayed revisit hastened by Lee Spratley's recent re-view.)

8. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film L'enfant

9. tintinmugshot's rating of the film L'enfant

Not even one frame is wasted. Tension from the beginning to the end.

10. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film L'enfant

11. Egoisms's rating of the film L'enfant

The extreme naturalism is meant to pare down the story to the bare essentials, to let reality speak for itself. This academic pretension--the brothers and cinematographers confess that realism this uncompromising is hard to craft--doesn't reach the heights it shoots for. The ending is weak, the acting is sometimes contrived, as when they flirt with each other at the start, it was observant but emotionally sterile.

12. Silvoieski's rating of the film L'enfant

Such a a simple plot, but such a strong development of characters, this development can be possible due to the great performance of the actors, (especially Jérémie Renier). The film begins and ends with an opposite idea: at the beginning Dardenne brothers show to the viewers two kids taking care of another kid, at the end Dardenne brothers show to us two adults taking responsibility in their lifes. Morality.

13. James Mackin's rating of the film L'enfant

Should've been called "Pros and Cons of Selling Your Child."

14. Diderot's rating of the film L'enfant

15. Andrew Miller's rating of the film L'enfant

If you hold it in, you'll feel it swallowing your inside.

16. JoaoM's rating of the film L'enfant

Just like Rosetta mirrors Mouchette, L'Enfant mirrors Pickpocket not in such an obvious way as the first but through certain elements that work as an update of Bresson's masterpiece. Apart from both leading characters being thieves, you can't ignore the uncanny resemblances between the female leads and the ending, behind bars, where hopelessness and forgiveness become one.

17. Vincent T's rating of the film L'enfant

I remember thinking that this movie seemed like a failed failed Bresson project. Maybe a re-watch?

18. CriminalCore28's rating of the film L'enfant

Good actors, just wish the story wrapped up a little better. It's clear the directors had no clue how to end the movie.

19. Jack D. Fleischer's rating of the film L'enfant

I thought the film had a nice pace and neo-realistic candor up until the end which seemed fake to me and on some goofy Dogma 95 ish.

20. Kamran's rating of the film L'enfant

Captures both the freedom of youth and the captivity of responsibility. 94/100 - Amazing

21. Yasser Azmy's rating of the film L'enfant

22. Fallingleaf's rating of the film L'enfant

I really really want to see this, I hope it becomes available in my area soon.

23. Sue Denim's rating of the film L'enfant

Not as gut-wrenchingly great as le Fils but still, it being a Dardenne film and all, very good.

24. Lorna Singh's rating of the film L'enfant

I agree,there is no need to translate the title of this gem.Anyway,another powerful film from the Dardenne brothers in which every scene matters. Realistic,with great performances that leaves us with various emotions to sort through.