1. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film L'enfant

2. alessandrofarris001's rating of the film L'enfant

Heartbreaking and suspenseful from start to finish. I did not see most of the movie coming, and I was constantly wondering what Bruno would do. The naturalistic style and the flawed characters only make it more powerful. The Dardennes never disappoint.

3. NCMBianchi's rating of the film L'enfant

Similarly to how Kassowitz portrayed the youngsters in Paris' banlieues, the Dardenne brothers further the analisys and depiction of the petty tricks and misfortunes of those that society casted away. The main character is reluctant to living a normal life, even when chances are presented to him and when responsability should call him to order: he cannot see himself fit in such society. The directors tell it well.

4. Hodek Van Mealstrom's rating of the film L'enfant

5. Roman2's rating of the film L'enfant

I already saw this film many years back. Astonishingly good and realistic. Dardenne is a masterful director.

6. Adam GR's rating of the film L'enfant

7. caddie's rating of the film L'enfant

[3.5] Growing up in one's mind is the realization of the responsibility we have to the people that are surrounding us.

8. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film L'enfant

L’enfant follows a young couple with a newborn child. When the opportunity appears to make money through selling of the child, Renier takes it and chaos ensues. The Dardenne brothers manage to snatch my wig consistently with their emotional terrorism and flawless portrayal of human behavior.

9. kinotopia's rating of the film L'enfant

eugenics advocacy movie? did people in belgium really go around with that much cash on them?

10. Blue Roses's rating of the film L'enfant

11. Loud Rocks's rating of the film L'enfant

12. FISCHER's rating of the film L'enfant

Acteurs magistraux et réalisation parfaite, une Palme d'Or amplement méritée ! www.cinefiches.com

13. I'm a cyborg, but that's okay's rating of the film L'enfant

14. Christopher McQuain's rating of the film L'enfant

(Long-planned, long-delayed revisit hastened by Lee Spratley's recent re-view.)

15. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film L'enfant

16. tintinmugshot's rating of the film L'enfant

Not even one frame is wasted. Tension from the beginning to the end.

17. Setya Rahmah's rating of the film L'enfant

18. Egoisms's rating of the film L'enfant

The extreme naturalism is meant to pare down the story to the bare essentials, to let reality speak for itself. This academic pretension--the brothers and cinematographers confess that realism this uncompromising is hard to craft--doesn't reach the heights it shoots for. The ending is weak, the acting is sometimes contrived, as when they flirt with each other at the start, it was observant but emotionally sterile.

19. Silvoieski's rating of the film L'enfant

Such a a simple plot, but such a strong development of characters, this development can be possible due to the great performance of the actors, (especially Jérémie Renier). The film begins and ends with an opposite idea: at the beginning Dardenne brothers show to the viewers two kids taking care of another kid, at the end Dardenne brothers show to us two adults taking responsibility in their lifes. Morality.

20. James Mackin's rating of the film L'enfant

Should've been called "Pros and Cons of Selling Your Child."

21. Diderot's rating of the film L'enfant

22. Andrew Miller's rating of the film L'enfant

If you hold it in, you'll feel it swallowing your inside.

23. OldGermanCurrency's rating of the film L'enfant

24. Vincent T's rating of the film L'enfant

I remember thinking that this movie seemed like a failed failed Bresson project. Maybe a re-watch?