1. kartina obskura's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

2. EdieEmm's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

Immediately charming cinematography, encompassing sound, but set jarringly against Cocteau’s intense narration, and the almost burlesque, exaggerated performances, as if to establish right away that it’s not my world - it’s their world (which is, in fact, a sort of encompassing burlesque). Shadow selves, embodied, grotesque and expressed via form & cinema almost more than through the story itself. A fascinating film.

3. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

What's all this about authorship? A script by Cocteau—let alone his narration—can make a film by Melville or Bresson feel like a portal to Cocteau's underworld. And so we get a strange blend of Melville's formal precision and Cocteau's free-form poetic links and allegories. Madly loose, but loaded with an obsessive collector's taste for youthful impulses that hold tight, even while adulthood springs up around them.

4. mubianer's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

35mm. I loved the fairy tale like cinematography. This might be a 5 star film, one of those films ruined by having too much other things to think about. Is this really Melville's or Cocteau's film?

5. Ana Sousa's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

It's hard not to get lost in the story while being mesmerized by the décors and all the actors and actresses. One viewing alone is so not enough. From Decae's breathtaking cinematography to Cocteau's magnificent screenplay, all the performances guided by the genius of Melville, the editing, the production design & costume design... Not a single flaw. I wish I could watch this in a gigantic screen under the stars.

6. chanandre's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

(Melville, Cocteau & Decaë: le ciel, quoi...>2013)

7. Hyperion_333's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

Strangely literary for Melville. Thrilling to see his unrivalled understanding of fraternal violence relocated to an adolescent milieu.

8. FISCHER's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

Une oeuvre solide qui transpire totalement l'atmosphère et le point de vue de Jean Cocteau, réalisateur en filigrane de ce film... www.cinefiches.com

9. Ethan's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

This is a fast paced and intimate look at the terrible games of cat and mouse that siblings play with each other. Quite possibly the most acidic siblings ever to grace the screen and they do it in such a cold and calculating manner.

10. Aardsy's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

These two! Like eating crayfish in bed.

11. Muraki's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

this is a film that feels like it's holding memories, deep & great memories

12. Jonathan Smith's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

While Melville takes the directorial credit, original author Cocteau's influence is undeniable. The incestuous relationship at the narrative's heart is an arduous one to endure-the constant arguing & dramatics are a suffocating onslaught. Nicole Stéphane dominates with a powerfully unhinged performance, yet her mite creates a one sided watch. A predictable climax epitomizes the lack of emotional investment throughout

13. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

Still a haunting experience. A great collaboration. Nicole Stephane (de Rothschild, FYI) gives a tremendous performance.

14. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

a KVIFF screening, a 7/10 my review: http://lasttimeisawdotcom.wordpress.com/2012/07/07/last-film-i-saw-les-enfants-terribles/

15. Daniela's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

A very apt title for the film. The operatic atmosphere was awesome.

16. Garçon Manqué's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

hearing jean cocteau's voice, narrating his own novel, made me smile.

17. Filip Akerman's rating of the film Les enfants terribles

I knew about "The Dreamers" (which I haven't seen) but also "Trouble Every Day" is very similar to Cocteau's story. Even if Melville's film is the more brutal!