1. Mario Tomchev's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

...aka Maria Falconetti as A Woman Under the Influence. Pure and absolute intimacy.

2. christian's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

I didn't understand anything but enjoyed both the SILENCE and the EYE CANDY..

3. David R Williams's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Or perhaps fragments of a film long lost, the soundtrack only your memories of the actor's voices, the screenplay a few scratches on some yellowed and tattered sheets. But it is enough to make you yearn for the finished project. Sadly you can only fill in the spaces with your dreams. Perhaps that is enough.

4. DrFirestone's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Beautifully shot, offering plenty of powerful and stunning scenes. Interesting approach to the "subject", an experiment, and to some extent a document. All this sounds great, and I was visually pleased watching the film; however, even though it was filled with suffering and desperation I couldn't find a connection with the people portrayed, not exactly sure why actually...

5. BUSTER TIERNEY's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

3,8/5 Une vraie expérience : la beauté, la femme, la communication par le visage et les postures... L'absence de son oblige à la concentration, la contemplation, à être ultrasensible aux détails visuels. On pense aux expériences d'un Warhol ou à celles qu'un Cédric aurait dû faire avec un panda...

6. msmichel's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

The director's intent may only be known to him for meaning is certainly left up to the individual viewer. This silent exercise in expression, melancholy and perhaps depression is affecting but one wonders at how much is genuine versus complicit.

7. EdieEmm's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Time + camera as psychic scalpel; an emotional autopsy in bas relief. Jean Seberg's face as screen for an exhibit of sadnesses not yet hardened into strata, vying for position, surfacing & being reabsorbed; a parade of disappointments. Life. (Right? And what's a screen if not a mirror?) And the rest? An aestheticization of the arbitrary? Beautiful shots of beautiful people. Maybe it could've been anything... 3.5

8. captainfez's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

I'm looking at you/I'm not looking at you/I'm bummed/repeat.

9. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

10. Ludovic72's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

La période la plus expérimentale de Garrel : plus d'histoire ou de progression claire, seulement des êtres soumis à la dérive dépressive et mélancolique, scrutés au plus près de leurs émotions changeantes, dans un noir et blanc instable et silencieux qui les éloigne encore, nous obligeant à deviner ce qu'ils se disent. Triste et lent, un peu trop long, mais Jean Seberg, Tina Aumont et Nico étaient si belles... (3,5)

11. elbehnon's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Faces are one of the means of making movies, so far so good. But while they may also be among its ends, it's kind of begging the question to treat them as an „only end“ – however pretty, however charismatic, however „speaking“ these faces might be. Even for an experimental movie.

12. Olivier Serafinowicz's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Certes, mais beaucoup considèrent ce film comme abusif envers Jean Seberg, ses difficultés etc.

13. Superfrog's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

I am starting to put Garrel with Rivette, great potential but not enough focus in the delivery to really enticing.

14. Drafthing Dan's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

So sweet and so bitter at the same time. This is an uncommon biographical film by Philippe Garrel. We would know his emotion at that time through changeable aspects of two women who had loved him and had been loved by him. Silence and colorless images stir my emotion and make me look for something which I had lost long before.

15. FISCHER's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

On est loin du classique pseudo-documentaire sur quelques figures du milieu cinématographique de l'époque des années 1970, mais presque à une séquence analytique sur fond de béhaviorisme. Hélas l'ensemble transpire une gênante et rude forme d'aridité qui, dépassée peut générer une forte fascination épisodique... www.cinefiches.com

16. Maribou's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Jean Seberg has a great face for close-ups. This silent, Warholesque film-portrait of her (and a few friends) couldn't maintain my interest alone but with my own music soundtrack playing it was fitfully diverting. Les Hautes Solitudes is at its best when Seberg makes direct eye contact through the lens and we are pulled into her emotional orbit. Overall though: flat and unengaging. Better on the big screen?

17. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Beautiful imagery, but without enough substance or context to make it of interest to all but Seberg (the featured subject) fans.

18. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

(.5 star) Shots of actors sitting, sleeping, watching, staring. Oh, how enlightening. This is not a film. I don't care what the pretentious few will claim. I'm SO TIRED of that rhetoric. No matter how much so-called MEANING you try to jam into this, it's not there. It's not entertaining. It's not something that one can "enjoy the silence" of. Ridiculous, pretentious, and cinematic snobbery at its highest peak.

19. PJ's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Based on the description you wouldn't think this would get to you but it really does

20. hemachandra's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

21. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

22. AVA's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

Einzigartige Studie,obgleich tonlos.

23. Kevin's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

This film is difficult to watch. The pause button repeatedly hit. A google search for the actors. Horror recognizing the price for supporting a cause in the 60s and 70s, $10,000.00 to the ACLU hardly warrants an FBI detail for the rest of your life. In this sense, the film displays ravages of unnatural time, things should not appear like this at this time. Mirror watching to see if I am changed in the same way. Wow

24. Jason's rating of the film Les hautes solitudes

The cinematic face is a topography traversed by intensities. The subject of LES HAUTES SOLITUDES is intensities, generally malevolent. I see in the faces here (especially Jean Seberg's) maps of my own suffering (I have my own experiences w/ addiction and mental illness). I have never witnessed these things rendered so purely (not even in prose). One of the greatest works of art I have ever encountered.