1. John Baldwin's rating of the film Les Misérables

2. bjr9955's rating of the film Les Misérables

so longgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg but i cried. beautiful cinematography, a touching score (used sparingly, which i liked very much), and a great performance by Baur as Valjean.

3. Guy Budziak's rating of the film Les Misérables

A most extraordinary film. Epic in every positive sense of the word, Harry Baur's Jean Valjean makes clear the reason as to why he's considered an icon of French cinema. If you're an admirer of Lean's Dickens adaptations or the silent SPARROWS then you owe it to yourself to see this. Baur's Valjean has something in common with Finlay Currie's Magwitch, which is clearly apparent when one has seen both.

4. Landen Celano's rating of the film Les Misérables

Others have put it far more eloquently than I could begin here, so I'll just contribute this exclamatory elation: Holy Shit, this film...

5. krisjkondrad's rating of the film Les Misérables

A five hour movie that feels more like two. And I could have done a couple more. This is the one movie where the critically overused adjectives "haunting" and "hypnotic" actually apply. It's old,it's long and it's as great as cinema gets. Let the last trait outweigh the first two, give it a chance and try to not watch it in one sitting. You'll wonder where the time went.