1. Cătălin, HiperCristalin's rating of the film Les Ogres

Ugh. What's the point of this? Nothing relevant happens. It's just a bucket of liberal feels. Fuck it. Growing up and being useful is the new counterculture. Listen to your parents! Be a real rebel and clean your room! Save your mind from the depths of hell by understanding that responsibility IS the true meaning of life. Being a prisoner of perpetual adolescence is of lower quality than showing obedience to wisdom.

2. Harriehhh's rating of the film Les Ogres

This is a truly exquisite film that's every part humorous as it is tragic. My only criticism lies in its lack of availability in the UK, having relied on dubious streaming sites to watch it in lieu of anything better. Adélé Haenel is utterly fantastic – I particularly adored her banter during the ultrasound scene – though everyone here played their part to absolute perfection, so it's a bit unfair to play favourites.

3. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Les Ogres

A film that's fun made by someone who looks like an artist? Of course I love this. Though I think it would've been even better if either 30-40 minutes were removed or added. It's also my favourite kind of film, I think; the kind where the acting must be perfect but the movie wouldn't work without it's cinematography. Also fun to have a young-ish director whose films I will from now on look forward to.

4. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Les Ogres

As bracing and irritating as immersive theatre in real life! The scene in which one of the performers is "sold", then following her into the romantic engagement that follows, could have been a short film in-and-of itself and was a masterpiece of dialogue and acting. The song over the credits however sounded horrifyingly like The Millionaires!

5. David R Williams's rating of the film Les Ogres

One of the best movies I've seen in a very long time. I felt I knew all the characters even those the film spends very little time on. I understood their hopes and dreams and the realities of life that had brought them to this point in time. Funny. Sad. Touching. Infuriating. The gamut of emotions one feels, hating those we love and welcoming them back with open arms and an open heart.

6. Imago Vanitas's rating of the film Les Ogres

An elegy to ongoing. Deeply moving, and full of joy. Le téâtre de la vie.

7. Simen K's rating of the film Les Ogres

Filmen kan nesten bli sett på som en "remake" av Bergmans "Gjøglernes Aften". Mesterlig filmkunst.

8. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Les Ogres

The film is so sincere and powerful in its conveying the feelings, the drama. I think it is because the director has chosen to tell the story she knows best. I have learnt from another commentator that she herself grew up with a travelling troupe together with her father and sister. I am eager to watch her other works.

9. El Biffo's rating of the film Les Ogres

4+ stars for this heartwarming drama about a hyper-sexualized intentional community of vagabonding performers.

10. msmichel's rating of the film Les Ogres

Wonderful second film from director Lea Fehner that follows a gypsy like theatrical troupe performing Chekhov submersing us into their not so conventional family atmosphere. Scripting is excellent (Fehner, Catherine Paille and Brigitte Sy) as is the wonderful troupe of actors performing here especially Marion Bouvarel and Francois Fehner. Brings to mind the work of Tony Gatlif amongst others.

11. Axel's rating of the film Les Ogres

Lots of stories here, to uncover. Overall judgment: lovely, human and chaotic.

12. captainfez's rating of the film Les Ogres

Thespian travails - now with sodomy lessons!

13. riraru's rating of the film Les Ogres

Emotionsreiches Schauspieler-Lustspiel über eine schrecklich schöne Wandertheater-Gesellschaft, in der ich es einen Sommer lang aushalten könnte.

14. Emil's rating of the film Les Ogres

Buena peli! El teatro de la vida! En cada sentido. Esta pelicula lo resume todo!

15. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Les Ogres

A travelling theatre troupe mix great affection with great cruelty in their dealings with one another, revealing the highs and lows of life on the road, and strained personal relationships that could ultimately lead to the end of the show. This is a lively, intriguing, film that allows a great cast to make the most of a fine script.

16. sebastiaen's rating of the film Les Ogres

Boom! Probably the best movie I will watch in 2017. Absolutely beautiful.

17. Samantha's rating of the film Les Ogres

A wonderful film that will visually and emotionally devour you. Lea Fehner balances poetry and crudeness, lightness and aching pain, violence and tenderness with a sense of totality and generosity that is rarely seen.

18. Xénia's rating of the film Les Ogres

19. Luz Sabina's rating of the film Les Ogres

Compañia de teatro itenerante y sus devenires. Que bonita fotografía. Del ciclo: Pon cine francés en tu vida

20. anacecil's rating of the film Les Ogres

La vida de lo spersonajes de un circo, donde se confunden las vidas personales con la actuación, el trabajo y la intimidad. No hay límite entre la realidad y la ficción.

21. filmotrope's rating of the film Les Ogres

After a really nice and promising first hour, it seems like this overlong and irritating movie simply decides to try our patience with insufferable characters who yell and fight nearly all the time: the women being mostly weak and hysterical while the men are despicable and odious. http://www.filmotrope.com

22. rociof's rating of the film Les Ogres

Un relato que se siente pasar como si nada. Es totalmente recomendable. Idilios sobran.

23. Pusasis Lv's rating of the film Les Ogres

i loved the movie, it felt very alive, i mean real.

24. mrianlawton's rating of the film Les Ogres

Great stuff! An aura of verisimilitude hangs over this one - i had to look up Léa Fehner's pedigree afterwards, sure enough she grew up with a travelling troupe and it stars her father and sister. Some great scenes, about an hour's worth of arguments, but bawdy, lawless, colourful fun mixed up with a large dose of melancholy.