1. EdieEmm's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

Less a character study than the cinematic tone poem of a soul stuck always w/in the parameters of a frame. Right away, relentless claustrophobic shots of Anna in doors, windows, compartments... Inescapably determined. Like her relations; or, rather, the monologues she elicits & the obliging performativity she offers in return, to signify care. And the nearly-numb ache for connection, still pushing us on, mechanically

2. Stian Gledje Bekkvik's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

3. Victor Morosoff's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

4. xuxuxush's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

Had some beautiful Akermanesque moments, but overall a bit too desolate and monotonous. Every interaction is heavy and bleak (except maybe the one with Anna's mother); everyone is despondent in his/her way. Missing some dynamic. Or maybe I just wasn't in the right state of mind to fully appreciate the elongation of time that comes with every Akerman film.

5. jo's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

6. Fabio Osvaldo Carta's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

7. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

Another great Akerman film. Her sense of character is impressive, as is her steady and fixed composition, her deliberate pacing, and the consistent feeling that strikes through all of her works.

8. bryanvmh's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

I probably didn't pay this movie as much attention as I should have, but the moments that I was present for were really interesting. Anna telling her mom in bed about her recent tryst with a woman, Anna rubbing Vick's on her lover's back (and going where he doesn't want her to go), Anna listening to her answering machine. It is to Akerman's credit that I feel like I know her better and understand her less.

9. Christina Themeli's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

10. K_Tarr's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

11. daftnymph's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

to leave each encounter more isolated, untethered, disconnected -- surprised and frightened by how disappointing / bereft of meaning it all felt

12. noncivez's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

13. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

14. Emil Kurjak's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

15. sónia fialho's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

16. Alex Ander 0's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

conjugality. reproduction. everywhere. escape!!

17. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

18. LauraPalmer's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

This film is like watching the thoughts of an alive soul: intimate moments mixed with the natural passage of time. Chantal Akerman shows you how to enjoy long silences, fog in the city, train rides; how to find love in lonely places; how to turn loneliness into solitude; how to breath.

19. eugenie de sade's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

20. Renton47's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

How do we communicate? Akerman is explicit about that here, where she communicates to us, through film, a tale of a woman who only communicates through film. Others project onto her as if a blank screen, and how telling that her moment of revelation comes in a darkened room where she doesn't even look at her mother? After revelation things remain the same.

21. animalcalls's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

22. Johnny Seeker's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

The film companion to loneliness.

23. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna

(4.5) Dislocation, alienation, and the otherness of others.

24. Federico Maria Baldacci's rating of the film Les rendez-vous d’Anna