1. JJ Viau's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

As much as I wanted to like this movie, I did not find anything remarkable in it + I found the second part hard to watch....

2. FISCHER's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Comme à sa spécifique et sanglante habitude, notre metteur en scène nippon, le percutant Takashi Miike, s'est lancé à nouveau dans une démonstrative furia de violence et de mort, avec une maîtrise certaine dans la perversion teintée de sournoise dissimulation et de surabondance gore, pour une efficacité et un succès évidents... www.cinefiches.com

3. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

For me a masterly example of Takashi Miike's ability to convince with unexpected genre twists: starting with a kind a social analysis and - after reaching the turning point in Hasumi's dream sequence - merging into a splatter movie, but both halfs kept together with the leitmotif of "Jack the Knife".

4. ermete polpette's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

5. Roberto Carlos's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Producers to Miike: "One hour for us, one hour for you, Takashi."

6. Laetitia's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

It starts rather well with scenic shots and a highly attractive main character but then this film dissolves into absurd constructions and ends ptretty disappointingly. On the plus side - if you are a teacher and a bit stressed, this might be just the movie for you!

7. Robert Peters-Gehrke's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

What begins as a mildly interesting and atmospheric study of a troubled mind and a dysfunctional social microcosm turns into a tasteless gorefest for splatter fans. If you love seeing pupils shot by the dozen then this is for you. Everyone who expects decency from film should stay away.

8. Terry_Moby's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Miike's punch still hits hard.

9. un flic's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Not a classic but the exploitation j grind massacre of schools girls over 40 minutes kinda does the visceral job. metaphor tonality social realism absent really. VISITOR Q is more shocking a dysfunctional family chamber piece, maybe schools massacres are kinda to similar so so now, but it's mike in 2nd gear Hollywood B movie didn't feel japanese enough

10. Ostermyers's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

hey, a good one ! Also, omg all stars cast for this...Only Miike can do this to Shota & Yamada lol.

11. Gonçalo Rosas's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

(Generous) 5 - Miike's trademark endearing crudeness is present and accounted for, but it's placed in service of a thoroughly unremarkable thriller, with insufferable characters and a predictable plot. I would be lying through my teeth (well, fingers) if I told you I didn't get a kick out of the deliciously anarchic final act, though.

12. smeef's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

"I have to get into Todai University..." "Hm? To die?" some very great thriller elements but fell short in attempts to create an actual storyline. this would've been great w/out the whole weird backstory? s/o to yukito nishii lmao

13. lidiishere's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

film yang bikin gabisa tidur berhari-hari TT.TT

14. Mariana Basílio's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

15. kowalski's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

i dont know, bloody and very good

16. anschyn's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

i like "to-die (todai)" joke here, most underline narration of the film

17. joeviperez@gmail.com's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Blood + blood.....Takeshii Mike in pure state

18. Tim Ellrich's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Normally i really like Takashi Miikes film approach, but this time i think his story was too simple and the visual style too ordinary that i really get into his crazy world. "Audition" or "Itchy The Killer" is way better.

19. Sơn Nguyễn's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

"Magnificent!" The 2nd movie of Miike that I've watched, after "Audition." This movie is so Miike. More blood, brilliant script, exciting from the beginning to the end, though it's more than 2 hours long.

20. Mathias Palmberg's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Awesome movie with good acting, solid production work and a heady mix of social commentary and unbridled Miike madness. The dramatic turns works well as does the gory violence and black humour. For such a prolific director this is a stand out effort for sure. Highly recommended.

21. Amin Lumière's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

22. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

Sometimes morbid, sometimes childish, its insensible posture adopted was able to shock at first, but after a while didn't bring about much pleasure. Review and Rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.pt/2013/06/lesson-of-evil-2012.html

23. Mariana Vilhena's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

united we stand, divided we fall<3

24. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Lesson of the Evil

A tense thriller by Miike with a quite accurate statement on educational systems, that seems to be completely avoided by other school-based slashers; "evil" is everywhere, but it most often doesn't stem from the students or an external factor, but the educators themselves (who in such films are mostly portrayed as victims or the benefactors). "Evil" is a chain, not a nature.