1. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

There's no denying that this picture has style. An outrageous period piece action comedy that makes most American westerns look downright tame, it's well worth the two hour + running time, even if it is by turns simplistic and baffling (but never boring).

2. Gaurav Singhmar's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Proof that the gain in ebullience is the loss in sense.

3. Ben's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Holy shit. Clearly indebted to Tarantino, which is fitting considering how much he's professed his love for Chinese action movies. Super convoluted plot and hyper-frenetic editing make sure that, except for the last half hour or so, this two-hour movie never feels slow. Plus, Chow Yun-Fat gets to play a totally ridiculous villain.

4. 5000yearoldbogmummy//Rhett's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Did not finish (thus no full review) but a fun film. As always, Chow Yun-fat is a dream boat!!

5. Landen Celano's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

As a follow-up to Devils on the Doorstep, my expectations were malaligned, however, in its own regard, it's a quick-paced, fun genre bender. Chow Yun-fat kills it in this.

6. muse_x's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Ooof! That was exhausting. Wish they'd done a better job on the translation, though. Some subtitles appear much too briefly & it seems like way too many nuances got lost in translation. Tarantino, take note!

7. Dan's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

It's a Chinese Quentin Tarantino (except better than Tarantino) Western film. Good plot, interesting/weird characters. Ridiculous action parts, and you are always on the edge of your seat trying to expect the next unexpected event. The color of this movies is also great, but some of the camera work made me nauseous at parts. Still, without a doubt one of the best films I have seen this year.

8. corycorycorycory's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Great film. I had no expectations for this, and was very glad I watched this phreak western.

9. Nick Potter's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Jiang Wen's Let The Bullets Fly spends most of it's runtime subverting expectations for the film will play out, and it was more than just a pleasant surprise. Not as much action as one would think, but the action is very well choreographed. It's understandable why the comedy might not translate well to Western audiences, but Wen and Chow Yun Fat deliver it perfectly.

10. Chad Hill's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Begins to outstay its welcome near the end, but only slightly. The rest is a zany, hilarious delight. Editing and cinematography deliver great energy to compliment the quick-witted script.

11. Jefferson's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Intricate storytelling and great camera movement.

12. Ben Loory's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

seemingly endless nonsense, but not without a certain charm.

13. Daryce Peterson's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Very funny in parts. A little slow, however.

14. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Well that was fun. I really enjoyed the absurd strategies and a polite exterior as they wage war on each other.

15. shimown's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Superb cast, brilliant photography, exquisitely choreographed action.

16. kampton's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Clever and cool. Really has to be seen twice to fully appreciate it.

17. lance_vance's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

18. Zach Closs's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Cool music, awful CGI and constant, distancing weirdness.

19. Stefan Y's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

The Sichuan accents in this film are wonderful

20. owenpeterson's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Unabashedly silly. Great at being what it is: a damn entertaining movie with action where it counts, fun dialogue, and delightful characters. If you want realistic CGI, slap yourself and realize it doesn't exist, and then watch this movie.

21. HKFanatic's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Considering that half of this film's story is built on witty wordplay and subtle deception, it's no wonder that "Let the Bullets Fly" doesn't translate entirely well to the Western market, where much of the humor and intrigue is lost in subtitles. The *other* part of the story - the blood and viscera and comic bits of ultra-violence - still comes across loud and clear, though, and makes it a mostly entertaining film.

22. Andre Rehal's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

I was expecting something different. Not a much action as I would have liked. Also, 15 minutes could have been shaved off the movie but it was an interesting take on the whole Robin Hood story.

23. Michael Harbour's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

For me, "Let the Bullets Fly" failed. There are a lot of good actors chewing the scenery, fights and gun battles, verbal sparring - but it drags. I kept wanting people to just shut up and shoot things so I didn't have to listen to them be clever any more. And the story never clarifies. And when CGI is used (rarely, thank goodness) it's second rate CGI. Disappointing for a movie I was really looking forward to.

24. Cinema Omnivore's rating of the film Let the Bullets Fly

Best Chinese film in recent years, a 8/10, my review: http://mubi.com/reviews/25168