1. Rocco's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Zohra Lampert is just wonderful in this underseen chiller. Aurally and psychologically fascinating with a sense that something sick and mouldering is gurgling just beyond the screen's edge. Though some elements may not totally cohere, it's a masterpiece of mood and soundscape if nothing else.

2. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Rewatched on a whim because I apparently can't get enough lowkey gothic horror/psychodrama shot entirely on location in the middle of nowhere.

3. limited-space's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

4. Joel's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

It's low-budget guides it into simple settings and more meaningful scares. Elegant yet deceptive. A fine oft-hidden gem in the early slasher genre.

5. dave gunn's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

I found this to be a more audibly evocative film than a visually scary one, and the sounds of it all heighten the psychological element of it. The score, which shifts from beautiful, mellow, and melodic to discordant and noisy mixed with her internal dialog makes you feel what she's going through. By itself, "what she's going through" isn't all that haunting for me, though.

6. film_lies101's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Even though I don't buy the vampire angle, this kept me guessing until the end. An overlooked semi-masterpiece

7. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Akin to a lullaby, its dreamy tone feels like it inspired Terrence Malick's Badlands (1973) in moody serenity, and it's a fine early example of independent arthouse horror. Conjuring up the atmospheric aura of literature, especially The Yellow Wallpaper, in its haunting visual poetry, Let's Scare Jessica to Death is more atmosphere heavy than a deep, coherent psychoanalysis of Jessica, but is a melancholic treat.

8. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

This sound department deserves an A+.

9. pattiocleavis's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

The film to which It Follows owes its soundtrack.

10. Log Lady's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

It's a mystery why this isn't discussed more when considering history of horror, and it's also amazing what you can do with a low budget. Boring if you expect this to be a slasher or something similar, but I'm a huge fan of slow-burning horror. The lake scene towards the end and the knife attack are incredibly creepy, but the overall camerawork and sound design are also impressive.

11. kartina obskura's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

12. rulesofachia's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

I avoided this for a long time b/c of the tacky title and poster but it was a lot better than I expected. Low-budget and slow-burning but a very atmospheric and creepy psychological horror. Mariclare Costello is amazing as the disarmingly sweet hippie girl turned vampire!

13. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

14. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

El retiro al campo como terapia de sanación para una mujer esquizofrénica se ve irrumpida con el ingreso de una intrusa a su círculo íntimo. En paralelo, una leyenda sobre una familia extinta resuena en los oídos de los forasteros. "La maldición de los Bishop" capta curiosidad a partir de su ejercicio sobre la paranoia, una que no se sabe si llega de la enfermedad o lo real mágico. Está además el secreto de un pueblo

15. Mark's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

I still remember a scene where Zorah Lampert gets chased by the woman vampire from the lake and she runs and barricades herself in her bedroom. The tombstone wax etchings she had previously hung on the bedroom wall now all seem menacing. Quietly, she works herself up to such a state of paranoia and fear that the actual scream she emits upon seeing her own reflection in the mirror is quite startling.

16. Maudy Puteri Agusdina's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

17. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

reminded me of Invasion of the Body Snatchers '78 and Friday the 13th at the final but it's like an amateur film. #direnjessica.

18. MikeEverleth's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Wonderfully moody thriller!

19. Christopher R. Smith's rating of the film Let's Scare Jessica to Death

Kind of odd and fairly entertaining 70s B horror movie. Not really a great film, it suffers pretty badly from some dated cheesiness, but it does have enough offbeat moments and overwrought performances to be decent entertainment for cult movie fans.