1. Nelson Núñez's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Dos de los conciertos de la gira del año 81, condensados en una sola película. Lo más atractivo radica en las secuencias donde Hal Ashby experimenta con el montaje de algunas canciones (Time is on my side, por ejemplo) trascendiendo el mero registro de las interpretaciones.

2. LTDKNWLDG's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

I didn't expect to make it all the way through, since I'm not the biggest Rolling Stones fan, but I couldn't walk away. From the West Coast to the East Coast, from day to night, I was jamming all the way through.

3. Nicole's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

The editing is nice I just wonder if they liked Hal Ashly themselves. The concert itself however, 2 out of 5.

4. Nick Potter's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Is it anything remarkable as filmmaking? Not really, no, but it is a perfect representation of the pure energy that the Stones had in them, and that's a damn lot of fun for 85 minutes.

5. T Mills's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

This is fluff. Yes I know it's a concert film so what should I expect? Well, something better than this from Hal Ashby, one of the best American filmmakers of his day. It's nothing but back to back songs that blend together even though I can tell them apart. The random cutaways are even worse, totally meaningless and poor choices at that.

6. G.'s rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Christ, the Stones were ludicrous.

7. dAlton Anthony's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

How can a band this good be so bad.

8. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Regarding the filmic means it is a solid concert film. But the performance is boring.

9. David R Williams's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Does a good job of showing what complete rubbish stadium rock is. The band performing for an amorphous mass impossible to connect with. The fans barely able to see anything beyond the Lilliputian performers in the distance. A complete waste that just made me angry.

10. Fab S's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

11. Lee Donowitz's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

A good snapshot of where the Stones were at in the early 80s. It's great to hear the songs stripped back without all the backing singers and full brass section of previous (and later) tours. My only criticism is that the cutaways to backstage antics could have been fleshed out and handled with a lot more panache, or perhaps even abandoned alltogether.

12. Loz Loory's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Grueling doc to watch; most of the Stones' songs have similar fast tempos. One ponders the endurance and adrenaline the musicians must have to tour and play the same music endlessly. No wonder drugs become necessary. Much prefer the 1970 Maysles brothers doc, "Gimme Shelter," about the Altamont Speedway concert. That film gives a great behind-the-scenes look at the band, as well as showing onstage footage.

13. Brotherdeacon's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Bombastic theme, band, film-making technique. In 1983 Hal Ashby could have served music and cinema better in a small club with a punk band and drunk audience. On second thought, just watch Penelope Spheeris' DOWC (1981) and save yourself from this tired, soulless, parody of live rock.

14. Paul Page's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

The strong cinematography is the star here, and Ashby pulls out the stops in trying to liven this up. But it's basically a concert film that does little more than show a band storming through its big-arena days. It looks like the various shows would have been fun spectacles to see. But there's little in the music for anyone but a die-hard fan, and Jagger just shouts his way through every number in the same monotone.

15. David Richards's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

I guess I like the Stones enough to have watched this film, but it really started to get monotonous after a while. I wish there had been a few interviews sprinkled in and that they had captured the band in some smaller venues. I kept wondering what it was like for the fans way up in the nosebleed seats of these vast arenas, watching these tiny figures cavort on stage way off in the distance. Jagger's antics wore thin

16. drlurl's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

As far as finding ways to honor the bygone days where rock & roll was the stuff of mythology, there is perhaps no better band to turn to than the almighty Rolling Stones. The band has, by the time of this film, already gone past larger-than-life status, and they perform here with the effortless cool that comes from knowing exactly how to work a crowd. Looking to experience the power of rock & roll? look no further.

17. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

If you love the Stones then this one will appeal to you. Gives you a good live concert experience. Not a lot of behind the scene footage. Some, but not a good deal. Mainly just a Stones concert. If you're not a Stones fan, it's a coin flip of whether you will enjoy it or not. Nothing amazing in the footage itself. Pretty standard concert stuff.

18. ekeal9497's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

With my love of classic rock and rock n roll icons, Let's Spend The Night Together was a perfect description of what it was like back then. With the feature of Jimi Hendrix, Rolling Stones, and many more, this film did a great job of the distribution of what each artist was known for. What was really cool in this was the featured artist's concerts and backstage life. If anyone is fascinated with classic rock, Go See!

19. Matt Parks's rating of the film Let's Spend the Night Together

Post-peak Stones, post-peak Ashby.