1. Call me Drella's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

it started with a great storyline but then turned out to be a severe nationalistic film. Still, great cinematography and definitely a must watch.

2. Sean Patrick Stevens's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Brilliantly rendered cinema that I waited much too long to see. I was reminded of "wages of fear"in terms of intensity and overall impact. Easily, One of the best emerging from Russian I've ever seen.

3. SAMMAX's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

4. dionysus67's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

A breathtakingly photographed tale of man's struggle with an indifferent nature, which devours one by one a team of geologists. Kalatozov's story lags behind the visual splendor and the propagandist message is generally contained by the heroic loss of the pioneers. Needless to underscore Urusevsky's cinematographic virtuosity (from the opening shots in the river to a forest on fire), which is beyond belief! Terrific!

5. Trevor L. Charles's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

I think Cranes are Flying is one of the greatest films ever made. So, I came into this with high expectations.

6. Mtume Gant's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Normally a movie I wouldn't like, but my goodness the camera works ability to translate complex emotional states is absolutely awe-inspiring.

7. Jdsarmientoburgos's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Words simply cannot explain the visual beauty of Kalatozov’s films. The worst of his best is a riveting tale of survival in an unforgiving Siberia with some of the most beautiful cinematography you’ll ever see.

8. Ronja's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Soviet esthetics and tendency towards heroes (and not real human beings) is not my cup of tea, but the cinematography is beautiful, especially the winter sequence.

9. luís debonoir's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

10. Astral Vibes's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

So, it turns out love is rarer than diamonds?

11. Alexander Dunkelberger's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

This is likely the most incredible handheld camera work I’ve ever seen. There are some truly inspiring, jaw-dropping moments in this film, things I really don’t think I’ve ever seen before. It’s kind of a shame the story itself can’t bear the weight of the phenomenal filmmaking going on here. It’s very, very good, but it has a few shortcomings.

12. Aardsy's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Beautiful and heartbreaking.

13. patchwork's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Un film dove i veri protagonisti sono gli elementi della natura, con un predominio di acqua e fuoco, che letteralmente sovrastano i personaggi, il vento li sferza in tutte le sue vesti, la terra (sotto forma di diamanti) è il miraggio. Il tono fortemente propagandistico del film passa in secondo piano rispetto alla sua forza sperimentale e visionaria.

14. Tabikenezer von Higglesbloom's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Double feature with Blair Witch Project

15. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

16. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Filme que hace homenaje a las causa soviética. "Letter never sent" posee un discurso claro. Sacrificarse por la causa es casi una aspiración. Mediante esto, los personajes, en medio de una catástrofe natural, se convertirán mártires a fin de que su nación sea más independiente. En paralelo, Kalatozov desprende una estética brillante. El movimiento de cámara es calculado, creando además esa fuerza de planos.

17. Stevie's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

More incredible cinematography. Kalatozov has been relatively unknown for too long, he is a visual genius. Samoylova is stunning again. More propaganda but I don't see that as a bad thing at all.

18. tibber's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

The Hulu Plus subscription really pays for itself again. Not quite as good as I Am Cuba, but I'm more convinced than ever that Kalatozov deserves to be mentioned along with the likes of Eisenstein and Tarkovsky.

19. Ultra Kebab's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

interesting parallel: http://www.lacan.com/purloined.htm

20. Knut Morte's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Beautiful film. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0U-_rgB30gs

21. Justin LaLiberty's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

22. Holyphool's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

It is amazing this astounding hallucinogenic masterwork has lain unknown since the late 1950's. Perhaps now in perspective we can understand Tarkovsky more as Kalatazov imbues the natural world with its own mystical terrors, and wonders, in highly expressionistic cinematography, music, and sound. The film also evokes another planet, hostile, unforgiving, returning human life to the cold, cruel earth, rivers and sky.

23. A47's rating of the film Letter Never Sent

Blackest of blacks and whitest of whites. Great use of crossfades and landscape to create a labyrinth in the wilderness -you really do feel lost watching this. The story is somewhat lackluster. The psychological drama is only partially relatable and so things feel a bit hysterical during the second act.

24. Christina Scavuzzo's rating of the film Letter Never Sent