1. David R Williams's rating of the film Ley Lines

Ley lines /leɪ laɪnz/ are apparent alignments of land forms, places of ancient religious significance or culture, often including man-made structures. They are ancient, straight 'paths' or routes in the landscape which are believed to have spiritual significance. The penultimate shot is mesmerizing.

2. Nick Potter's rating of the film Ley Lines

Really bummed that I missed the beginning of this trilogy, because I really enjoyed these last two films. Miike certainly has his peculiar moments, but they don't tend to distract from the whole.

3. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film Ley Lines

If Wolfgang Tillman's directed a film set in Tokyo. Expert use of texture and saturation, and the most affecting story of all Black Society Trilogy films.

4. Superfrog's rating of the film Ley Lines

I struggle with Mike but the quality of the camerawork and matching plot and story really brings the theme of the delinquent foreigner in Japan forward. The violence in this case is even not too over the top. Many truly amazingly creative shots and some of the only camera over shoulders shots that I did not resent.

5. Ghostman's rating of the film Ley Lines

A great noir-like crime picture by the legend that is Takashi Miike. A very sincere and human film, although extremely violent like many of his other works. How this dude was able to make 100 films since I was born is beyond me. The fact that he was able to make a few masterpieces is even more incredible. The fact that he made many masterpieces is even more astonishing. Long live Takashi Miike.

6. Lucia de Sa's rating of the film Ley Lines

Interesting film. Real sense of place, great acting. Does anyone have the details of the soundtrack? I know it is by Koji Endo, but I cannot find any other details. I would love to find the final Piazzolla-like piece.

7. Zane DeLong's rating of the film Ley Lines

I'll be the voice of dissent and tell you right now, this is Miike's best film. It's not as immediately likeable as Rainy Dog, but give it another watch in a year. It sticks in the mind. It's so memorable because it has a sense of space and culture that is utterly convincing, but it's sprinkled with bits of magical realism that make this dreary tale come to life. That makes it feel like a substantial memory.

8. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Ley Lines

By the third film in this loose trilogy, Miike has become a far more confident pop-arthouse auteur, providing some breathtaking shots and set pieces at times. The narrative take some time to gain momentum however with the protagonists not coming together until around the always mark. There are also some questionable sequences of sexual violence which are intended to be surealist but are too close to misogyny.

9. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Ley Lines

Not sure why this didn't quite work for me, but I found it to be the weakest instalment of Takashi Miike's Black Society Trilogy. Perhaps it didn't help that I watched it so soon after the more impressive Rainy Dog. Not a BAD film, it's just a bit disappointing compared to the better Miike works.

10. Victor W's rating of the film Ley Lines

A really intense film that involved a lot of violence, sex, and a demeaning view towards women. This film capitalized the life of struggling teenagers gang banging and committing devious crimes for money. I was not too impressed with the story but the acting was really good. The photography used in this film is new to me, however they do abuse the back and forth change of high-key and low-key lighting.

11. Monkey Flix's rating of the film Ley Lines

Characters without redeeming qualities.

12. Slappy McGee's rating of the film Ley Lines

(2.5 stars) This one steers far away from the Yakuza and crime aspect of the previous two and focuses in on a few friends... all of whom are all knuckleheads. My biggest problem with this film was the absolutely HORRIBLE treatment of females. It's ridiculous and not at all the point of the film, so it's just extraneous and unnecessary in almost every way. Hated that. And I guess... I just couldn't get past it.

13. NovaCayne's rating of the film Ley Lines

Storyline was a little cliche, but good character development throughout the entirety of the film.

14. DestDest's rating of the film Ley Lines

Personally, didn't care for this movie. EVerything was portrayed too crudely for my taste. I didn't like ANY of the characters (especially, the buffoon) or how a sexual assault moment was sort of played for laughs. It did have some nice moments though

15. Fab S's rating of the film Ley Lines

Film le plus accompli parmi cette trilogie. Belle maîtrise du sujet de l'étranger

16. norman51227's rating of the film Ley Lines

I think the movie and plot were well put together. I'm not sure what it is but the picture in the film look different from American films of today and around the same time as this one. At some points in the movie the picture was very dark then in others it was super bright.Ley Lines had many different setting from in the city of japan to country side in china, which to me gave me the feeling of actually being there.

17. Anthony De Luca's rating of the film Ley Lines

Love the photography. I'm not quite sure what film stocks Japan used back then but the colour and texture in Ley Lines look great and very much of the time. 90s films are starting to age and I love it.

18. Il secondo maestro del revolver's rating of the film Ley Lines

19. Ozu_Teapot's rating of the film Ley Lines

20. speedball's rating of the film Ley Lines

21. ElTigreNegro's rating of the film Ley Lines

Miike's enigmatic and very compelling finale for his Black Society Trilogy explores one of his most recurrent themes: outcasts in society. The story is told in broad strokes, and little by little we get to know the characters. Miike just loves to dive into the world of misfits and outcasts in Japan, and his adoration for these characters is contagious.

22. The Art of B's rating of the film Ley Lines

couldn't see the actors faces half the time:( but there is one awsome pov shot