1. PeterK94's rating of the film Life

Borrows heavily from other sci-fi films without adding anything new to the genre. It wants to be Alien so badly but breaks any beliefs by raising the stakes from ‘these likeable characters could die’ to ‘Earth will be KILLED!’. Could have been passable if the ending wasn’t a godawful, predictable, stupid mess.

2. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Life

What I like about this that it is believable.

3. adam's rating of the film Life

4. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Life

Yes it's a little derivative of Alien / Event Horizon / Sunshine etc but Espinosa directs with real passion and complete understanding of what makes a sci-fi film work. Provides a roller coaster of tension as the fantastic cast are picked off by a well written alien beastie, unlike Alien the situation is entirely the fault of the crew, something carried forward into a brilliantly cynical suckered punch of an ending.

5. EchEm's rating of the film Life

i'd prefer when the americans represented all humanity, at least it was not like a circus.

6. Mugino's rating of the film Life

Hollywood, stop trying to imagine what intelligent people would do... you might pull something and hurt yourself. Real-life scientists are not this stupid.

7. skoog's rating of the film Life

wannabe director makes a wannabe movie

8. SpacePirate's rating of the film Life

An entertaining Alien ripoff updated for the modern viewer. I personally don't really enjoy many films after the 70s let alone the 80s, but I thought this one could've been worse. The monster reminded me a bit of a miniature version of the Cloverfield monster. Would I watch again? No. Was I entertained? For the most part yea even though predictable. 3 stars, lots of clunkers this year, in comparison its quite good.

9. Ash's rating of the film Life

a smart, engaging and terrifying sci-fi

10. enchi's rating of the film Life

Mars rocks in hard way. I love the alien who literally destroyed all humans at the space station and then infiltrated earth! Omg spoilers! Oh noooooooooooo.

11. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Life

Fine. Okay. Good enough, I guess. Cool effects.

12. miles's rating of the film Life

Found it entertaining, but just don't think it deserved to called LIFE.

13. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Life

I feel like I've seen this movie more than 10 times. Super predictable ending. I wonder what would happen next? It becomes Godzilla? Maybe it reproduces like star fish. The Alien copies need to stop. So many good actors put into waste.

14. Bertirima's rating of the film Life

15. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Life

16. DSPRKY's rating of the film Life

Not very good narratively or aesthetically. I suppose it is better than some of the entries in the Alien franchise, mostly by virtue of its shorter running time, but that doesn't really afford much in the way of bragging rights, now does it? The film's best part is the ending, which is especially unexpected given how closely the first 90 minutes hew to Gravity.

17. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Life

Horribly boring, gray, unoriginal.

18. Fabio Di Felice's rating of the film Life

19. Giles J Davis's rating of the film Life

A daring attempt to turn The Twilight Zone's Nightmare at 20,000 ft that falls flat on it's Ryan Reynold's paycheque. D-

20. Lana's rating of the film Life

21. andretz's rating of the film Life

22. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Life

A dignified, well-produced, compelling cross between Alien, Lifeforce, and Gravity. Derivative? Sure. Unoriginal? Absolutely. But considering the pitiful state of Hollywood sci-fi - and Hollywood cinema in general -, Life is as good as it gets.

23. f-nanda's rating of the film Life

I was so bored that I wasnt paying much attention at this point anymore, so, why was Jake with the jelly and not the girl? The ending was kind of fun but predictable. Meh.

24. Skinnedteen's rating of the film Life

This is a second rate Alien that perhaps only casted these famous hollywood actors for funding.

← Previous 1 3 4 5