1. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Life

"Life" is one of those rare moments when Gyllenhaal made a bad choice for his career. Maybe the top billing part was decisive in his actions. Anyway the movie sucked. When you have available a script that dumb, you really can't make much (good things), no matter what your name is. Those few characters didn't stand a chance because of some stupid choices they made so easily.The ending was awful... the whole movie was!

2. Tyler Wright's rating of the film Life

Unoriginal to the utmost extreme, but the writers and director really did clearly try to make something stimulating. They usually succeed, even if the script is literally every single spaceship horror film you've ever seen done much better before.

3. DimasRimbaud's rating of the film Life

4. wiwitaek's rating of the film Life

It start pretty good tho, in terms of visual only. I was thinking that seems promising watch. But then it only lasts for about 15 minutes and it goes slowly to the bottom.. Anyway, If it's comedy movie, then I should have given it five stars. Too bad. It isn't.

5. whimsicalmelancholy's rating of the film Life

pertama kali nonton sama temen-temen di bioskop. Ga pernah tertarik sama film sci-fi, tapi yg satu ini favorit saya / 4.5

6. Ale/M's rating of the film Life

7. Jazmina's rating of the film Life

8. Kevin's rating of the film Life

An interesting idea underserved by a terrible script.

9. PeterK94's rating of the film Life

Borrows heavily from other sci-fi films without adding anything new to the genre. It wants to be Alien so badly but breaks any beliefs by raising the stakes from ‘these likeable characters could die’ to ‘Earth will be KILLED!’. Could have been passable if the ending wasn’t a godawful, predictable, stupid mess.

10. Addiena of Mubi land's rating of the film Life

What I like about this that it is believable.

11. adam's rating of the film Life

12. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Life

Yes it's a little derivative of Alien / Event Horizon / Sunshine etc but Espinosa directs with real passion and complete understanding of what makes a sci-fi film work. Provides a roller coaster of tension as the fantastic cast are picked off by a well written alien beastie, unlike Alien the situation is entirely the fault of the crew, something carried forward into a brilliantly cynical suckered punch of an ending.

13. EchEm's rating of the film Life

i'd prefer when the americans represented all humanity, at least it was not like a circus.

14. Mugino's rating of the film Life

Hollywood, stop trying to imagine what intelligent people would do... you might pull something and hurt yourself. Real-life scientists are not this stupid.

15. skoog's rating of the film Life

wannabe director makes a wannabe movie

16. SpacePirate's rating of the film Life

An entertaining Alien ripoff updated for the modern viewer. I personally don't really enjoy many films after the 70s let alone the 80s, but I thought this one could've been worse. The monster reminded me a bit of a miniature version of the Cloverfield monster. Would I watch again? No. Was I entertained? For the most part yea even though predictable. 3 stars, lots of clunkers this year, in comparison its quite good.

17. Ash's rating of the film Life

a smart, engaging and terrifying sci-fi

18. enchi's rating of the film Life

Mars rocks in hard way. I love the alien who literally destroyed all humans at the space station and then infiltrated earth! Omg spoilers! Oh noooooooooooo.

19. David Sindmark Hörnfeldt's rating of the film Life

Fine. Okay. Good enough, I guess. Cool effects.

20. miles's rating of the film Life

Found it entertaining, but just don't think it deserved to called LIFE.

21. Rebeca Magnus's rating of the film Life

I feel like I've seen this movie more than 10 times. Super predictable ending. I wonder what would happen next? It becomes Godzilla? Maybe it reproduces like star fish. The Alien copies need to stop. So many good actors put into waste.

22. Bertirima's rating of the film Life

23. Igor Leoni's rating of the film Life

24. DSPRKY's rating of the film Life

Not very good narratively or aesthetically. I suppose it is better than some of the entries in the Alien franchise, mostly by virtue of its shorter running time, but that doesn't really afford much in the way of bragging rights, now does it? The film's best part is the ending, which is especially unexpected given how closely the first 90 minutes hew to Gravity.

← Previous 1 3 4 5