1. Boyuan123's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

2. Laura G.'s rating of the film Life Is Sweet

The imperfection of daily life.

3. andydust's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Best drunken film scene.

4. FISCHER's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Comédie britannique lucide et tendrement désespérée, sertie d'une lancinante ritournelle bienvenue, qui force l'admiration et le respect. En effet, malgré l'affutée description d'un milieu et de personnages en mouise et dérapages constants, le cinéaste, comme à sa remarquable habitude, témoigne d'une profonde et sincère affection pour ces laissés-pour-compte de la société libérale thatchérienne... www.cinefiches.com

5. Branca's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Honesto, cru e encantador. Um filme para descomplicar os complexos que a cabeça tende a criar.

6. Marjan Mar's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

The restaurant scenes are hilarious! A good way to forget one's sorrows.

7. uenus's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

es cute + paranoid rubbish + chiste

8. meth_'s rating of the film Life Is Sweet

at some point near the end it got Too Real

9. James Mackin's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

10. Halil Küçükyıldız's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

I don't understand what i am watching. A movie or a sketch. This film isn't appropriate for Mike Leigh.

11. Jørgen Lien's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

12. ehk2's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

"bollocks!" love you Nicola...

13. Leif Erikson's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

It's better to be on your own than be with a bastard.

14. Warren Spratley's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

**** 1/2 All about compartmentalization in its many forms: social, economic, sexual, behavioral, etc. Leigh articulates this visually. By way of door frames, house windows, food truck windows, & other visual frames, he creates a theater of compartmentalized vignettes. Nothing.but.vignettes. A subtle mastery of cinematic form, staging, acting. The Aubrey/Paula relationship is handled wrongly. J. Horrocks:sublime.

15. João Rocha's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

It's so honest, cruel and funny like the life itself, that is really fucking emotional and sweet. Great perfomances (Nicola is really awesome) and really good dialogues

16. Jordan Kaltz's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

17. David Grillo's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

If only we had more films like this than maybe life wouldn't seem so complicated. Films where families are diverse and need to learn to live together and all that teenage 90's angst we got used to became complex even the usual psychological cliches get a brave look and are treated honestly. A film where the only way to reach a teenager is after a heated argument and a good cry, more films like this please.

18. birthdayblues's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Timothy Spall as Aubrey is one of my all-time favourite characters

19. juancito's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Life is sweet is an amazing film - not only the characters and the dialog but the theme. it is so simple but the drama concealed in the day to day monotony is the real life that slips away without anybody even knowing it. I admit I am easily affected my movies, on the edge of my seat, hiding in my hands or embarrassed myself for what a protagonist may do or say - yet it's been a while since I found myself crying.

20. Earth's Impossible Day's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

I fell in love with Nicola, her voice is just so alluring.

21. D/R/W's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

This movie simply blew me away. Gentle and hilarious but also brutally honest

22. NICOLE86's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

I have never related more to a character in my life than I have Nicola.

23. Amanda Arantes's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

Simple and soothing, perfect for a sunday afternoon. Everytime I watch a movie like that, which shows the ordinary life of ordinary people, it just seems to me that it's a tale about life itself...and that's the beauty of it. No need of deep thoughts or thrilling adventure, just people and life, it can be pretty moving. I like Leigh's sundtracks, they're nice.

24. KiNo's rating of the film Life Is Sweet

I had a laugh, yes, but one thing that pisses me off about Mike Leigh is his use of terrible music to evoke emotion. All scores must be taken out of his films. Brrrghh.