1. Star Lord's rating of the film Life of Pi

Tende al 4. Un buon film anche se non proprio l'ideale rivederlo.

2. Hippie Anime Trash's rating of the film Life of Pi

A boy sits in a boat and shouts at an animated tiger for 2 hours

3. dan_mt's rating of the film Life of Pi

Tries too hard to make you cry.

4. Alvise Narduzzi's rating of the film Life of Pi

Un ben diretto e piacevolmente scritto turbinio di colori. La bellissima fotografia del film rende piacevoli praticamente tutte le scene del lungo e travagliato viaggio di Pi, il quale dal punto di vista narrativo ogni tanto tende un pò ad arenarsi. Nel complesso un gran bel film. Voglio chiamare anch'io un animale Richard Parker.

5. hemachandra's rating of the film Life of Pi

One of the most stunning visuals I've ever seen

6. Deiner's rating of the film Life of Pi

Visually gorgeous, but I felt there was something missing. I'm 100% interested in reading the book.

7. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Life of Pi

Great visuals but it is distracting how much is animated and the story ultimately feels empty and pointless. I've never really understood the adulation for this film.

8. zohen lux's rating of the film Life of Pi

I WOULDN'T CHANGE ANYTHING ABOUT THIS

9. Graham Ball's rating of the film Life of Pi

Who knew that a film about a young chap and a Tiger primarily set in a lifeboat could be so brilliant? I've always found Ang Lee a bit hit and miss (although 'The Ice Storm' is a lifelong personal fave...) but he really hit his stride here. A perfect blend of big visual spectacle - a feast for the eyes - and intimate emotion of personal crisis and survival (let's not reduce it to just a religious fable).

10. Lintang A.'s rating of the film Life of Pi

This is a lovely story, beautifully told by the wonderful Ang Lee. But there were a few moments where things just didn't seem to hold together very well or where the story felt like it had a gap.

11. auloel's rating of the film Life of Pi

I know there will be a twist. But that's not surprise me

12. Chris's rating of the film Life of Pi

13. James Mackin's rating of the film Life of Pi

One of those movies that is best seen in a theater, in 3D.

14. cinegeek.de's rating of the film Life of Pi

Ang Lees Life Of Pi ist eine fast übernatürliche Leistung, eine Geschichte zu erzählen und ein bahnbrechendes Experiment visueller Kunst. Ang Lee gelang es, über einen Roman zu triumphieren, der als unverfilmbar galt - darüber hinaus ist sein Life Of Pi von so ehrlicher Spiritualität, dass es nicht untertrieben ist, zu behaupten, dass hier ein Film über das Leben an sich kommt!(...)

15. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Life of Pi

16. Meastro0's rating of the film Life of Pi

17. INZER's rating of the film Life of Pi

18. Log Lady's rating of the film Life of Pi

Very little actual cinematography, just mostly CG sky, waves, and a tiger. It's frustrating to see a flashy film like this, frosted with glossy imagery, and be reminded that it's widely considered to be practically revolutionary and metaphorical with a "deep" message. Everything is just so fucking spelled out and juvenile, that it felt like I'm in a philosophy class for 12-year-olds. Where has the subtlety gone?

19. Sara Gaspar's rating of the film Life of Pi

20. André Pereira's rating of the film Life of Pi

21. Tiago Pinho's rating of the film Life of Pi

22. opandadodavid's rating of the film Life of Pi

23. SiIencio's rating of the film Life of Pi

Are 3D and prefab visuals the cinematic equivalent of bling? Despite its wholly unnecessary shiny shell merely used to give the impression of beauty, there is no soul in this film. Ang Lee embarks on a take on a complex novel with no much hope to make it intelligible. The profound philosophical theme is oddly soon abandoned in favour of a poor man's Hemingway's The Old Man And The Sea situation with little purpose.

24. trugschluss's rating of the film Life of Pi