1. lucia lurzo's rating of the film Lights Out

2. Nick Schwab's rating of the film Lights Out

Fun concept that's not milked enough for thrills. The 81-minute pace still oddly lags a bit, and doesn't push the fear and horror past a good time, into a boiling point. A lot of time is given to the character relationships, but they are predictable and routinely drawn. Its opening sequence is quite inspired, while the rest repeats its conceit, feeling dull in emotion and half-step in creativity.

3. nadnab's rating of the film Lights Out

4. Antoine Tremblay's rating of the film Lights Out

No Babadook for sure. A very frustrating film. And that ending....really ?. Predictable yes and wrong on so many levels. I was entertained that's a start. But everything else is a complete disaster. Everything that Insidious, Conjuring 1-2 and Babadook did right is now on autopilot. To everybody outhere who suffers from any kind of depression, there is so much better movies depecting this illness. Avoid this one.

5. Nytse Jam's rating of the film Lights Out

do never let your girlfriend pick a horror movie

6. pureshores's rating of the film Lights Out

Building up from his short story released in 2013, Sandberg wastes no time to dive into the story right away, as LIGHTS OUT is all substance and no filler at 80 minutes. While the scares are nothing new and there are a few clichés here and there, it's one of the best horrors in years. Teresa Palmer and Maria Bello excel at their roles. However, please don’t take the ending’s message literally. 4.5/5

7. Achromia's rating of the film Lights Out

8. teresa romã's rating of the film Lights Out

You should've sticked to the short, dude...

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Lights Out

Saw the short that it was based on, and it was great. They tried to flesh it out, and it didn't really work. Even Maria Bello couldn't do anything with the material.

10. -REM-'s rating of the film Lights Out

11. Diderot's rating of the film Lights Out

An absolute garbage-fest that tries to be a fable about how mental illness affects families.

12. Several Giraffes's rating of the film Lights Out

Bad even relative to other horror B-movies.

13. opandadodavid's rating of the film Lights Out

14. teler_thriller's rating of the film Lights Out

Sadly, I find the short version affects me a lot, than this version. But, it is a good start for Ponysmasher, imo. I want to see his other works again (with his lovely wife, of course)

15. Charles Coleman's rating of the film Lights Out

16. Inês Moreira Santos's rating of the film Lights Out

17. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Lights Out

electricity bills will skyrocket.

18. Rafael Zen's rating of the film Lights Out

This has a cool 90's vibe about it - it seemed I was watching something from when I was 14yo. With a nice acting (nothing special, but nothing dreadful) and some nice moments, it delivers what it promises: blockbuster goosebumps. I expected to be more frightened, though. Oh, and by the way: completely forgettable.

19. Michael Peer's rating of the film Lights Out

I watched this because I couldn't believe that the screenwriter of ARRIVAL also did this. Without question, Eric did a phenomenal job given the source material, a 2 minute short that probably should have stayed there. But Eric's gotta eat and they wanted a movie out of it, so here we are. There are gorgeous visuals and stand out moments, but it will never be confused as art-house horror like Babadook or It Follows.

20. clementiny's rating of the film Lights Out

21. Pancho Legaspi's rating of the film Lights Out

Shittiest movie (not only in the horror genre, but as a movie itself) I've had the misfortune to watch.

22. Onbestendig's rating of the film Lights Out

23. wiwitaek's rating of the film Lights Out

It have a nice concept but it executed badly. There are a lot of missing details, especially when it come to literally terms of "Lights Out".

24. Alcock Hitchfred's rating of the film Lights Out

It was cool that they tried to stay away from cliche characters, but overall this was not a good movie. If we can assume that its theme was really depression and its effect on the patient and her family, the ending was a little random and confusing. Also, the bad child acting and the disappointing jumpscares didn't help the film at all. Thumbs up to Palmer and Bello though.