1. FISCHER's rating of the film Liliom

Une oeuvre charnière dans l'éclectique et fort impressionnante filmographie de Fritz Lang, tournée en France, entre son départ préventif de l'Allemagne pré-nazie et son installation définitive aux Etats-Unis qui met en scène une célèbre pièce hongroise de Ferenc Molnar, maintes fois adaptée au cinéma et au théâtre. www.cinefiches.com

2. Vasco Bação's rating of the film Liliom

An unusual film for Lang. The surreal and satirical depiction of the heaven-for-the-poor feels too heavy-handed for the subtle poetic realism of the rest of the film. Still, there are some great dramatic moments here as Lang makes brilliant use of his actors and of sound and silence.

3. Amadeus Magnus's rating of the film Liliom

worst effects in film history. pointless plot, every way a huge disaster. and fritz lang. his favorite work of himself also. amazing. this must be really a fantasy world. stay away.

4. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Liliom

A lot of creativity at work, but the pacing is lopsided, and I don't think anyone can defend the moral.

5. chanandre's rating of the film Liliom

[Cinémathèque PT #418: 35 mm] (2006)

6. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Liliom

I don’t understand why this film has a so wide popular support. I personally found it very outdated. For completists only.