1. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Lilith

2. matelot's rating of the film Lilith

3. Ashley Spendlove's rating of the film Lilith

Rossen conjures a powerful sense of unease throughout. Although the basic premise of an untrained intern being given so much responsibility is unrealistic, there is a sophistication in the depiction of the clinical supervision and, most impressively, in how Rossen presents dysfunction as a complicit relational process. The psychological deterioration is not too fanciful, Beatty is credible and Seberg is excellent

4. FelicityDreamer's rating of the film Lilith

Excellent film. Creepy and disturbing yet urbane and inviting.

5. moniquekidman's rating of the film Lilith

Despite the strength of the performances (especially Jean Seberg's as the ultimate manic-pixie-dream-girl) and the beautifully chaotic nature of some of the camerawork and editing, the film is ultimately dismantled by the murkiness of its sexual politics. Any potential subversiveness to be found within this 'love' story is dissolved by the film's overwhelming seriousness.

6. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film Lilith

An intriguing psychological drama featuring wonderful central performances from Warren Beatty and Jean Seberg, and a great supporting cast including Peter Fonda, Jessica Walters, and Gene Hackman.

7. 'king Harold's rating of the film Lilith

Mise en scene, performances, direction and script all combine to make me seem so perceptive. Well done everyone.

8. Tja's rating of the film Lilith

Spot the alien(ated). A bit slow, but effectively creepy and definitely un-PC, as the relative sanity of the bow-tie wearing Dr, his matronly assistant and the randy, fantasist, untrained therapist war vet, with deceased mother issues, Vincent, get increasingly confused. Some nice art work from Lilith who is clearly friends with Jackson Pollock.

9. Aardsy's rating of the film Lilith

Being crazy is so artistic and deep.

10. SpacePirate's rating of the film Lilith

Seberg is in fine form, but the film on the whole is too slow and meandering and doesnt seem to know what it wants to say. Beatty is particularly wooden. Possibly the worst performance I have seen from him. The direction is good, Rossen uses the B&W to similar effects as in Kings Men and The Hustler, vastly superior films. A shame Rossen died after making this one. Really went out on a down note. Oh well. So is life

11. John Drinkwater's rating of the film Lilith

12. Daniel S.'s rating of the film Lilith

***1/2 . Interesting to observe how every Robert Rossen heroes tell a little bit about the director. I wonder how Warren Beatty could describe himself as a war veteran, Korean war was over then for 10 years and he couldn't have fought in Vietnam. Also note that if nymphomania was a syndrome of mental illness in the USA of the 50's and 60's, no one seems to care about it nowadays. I love cinema. Recommended.

13. Pan32's rating of the film Lilith

What a stilted piece of hokum! Pretentious dialogue does not a great film make.

14. Rebecca DeLucia's rating of the film Lilith

too often filling out allusions better left unhewn

15. Daniela's rating of the film Lilith

What an interesting film! Every couple of seconds I picked up something from the mise-en-scène that was trying to be artistic, although it didn't always work. I'm an atheist, so I was rolling my eyes a bit at all the religion talk, but this film is definitely a hidden gem! Worth a watch and with really interesting female-male gender relations.

16. João Eça's rating of the film Lilith

Rewatched it and found it dated, over-dramatic and full of preconceived ideas about insanity. What stands out is the oniric tone of some superimpositions, editing associations or visual motifs (the river or flowing water emerges as a strong metonymic representation of desire, sex or Lilith herself). Yet, it seemed to me a shock film and I don't like that: too many zooms, handheld shots and one weak, easy ending.

17. orangey's rating of the film Lilith

The greatest films of the 60's aren't the ones which tell us out loud "change is going on" but which it can be felt subtly ( for example the shots of nudity in Antonioni's Blow Up).This movie isn't sure what it's about, it feels pretentious and messy. the best thing about it is Jean Seberg,who is brilliant (and beautiful) as always.

18. mjgildea's rating of the film Lilith

Great direction and a great cast are Lilith's highlights and as I'm sure was Robert Rossen's intent, I felt like I needed to check into an institution by the end of the movie. This one is full of little unexplained moments that will either make the movie or absolutely piss you off. Take it for what its worth...

19. T.J. Royal's rating of the film Lilith

This movie rocked. The transgressiveness of Beatty falling for mental patient Seberg was the least of it. "Lilith" is a movie with some of the most effective blocking, framing and scene-to-scene transitions I think I've ever seen. I had a heightened emotional sense just from seeing how the characters' eyes, faces and bodies were framed within the screen. Great supporting cast characterizations as well.