1. letters never sent's rating of the film Lilting

2. astygianelysium's rating of the film Lilting

Hmmm... I loved the premise and the slowness that translation affords, but the bald sentimentality undercut the film's momentum. I wonder what it would've felt like not to know both Chinese and English, to be alienated as a spectator sutured to the white subject's perspective. Of course I'm speaking as someone who would watch Ben Whishaw pout at a bowl of cereal for four hours...

3. Sarah J.B.'s rating of the film Lilting

4. Dogukan4Ever's rating of the film Lilting

5. Güven Şahinkanat's rating of the film Lilting

the old man has no other qualification except extending time of film.There is no sense of wonder , everything is so clear .

6. Shoham L's rating of the film Lilting

Two things - Whishaw and the lighting. Whishaw's acting was perfect, as usual, emotional and honest. He puts all of himself into his character. The lighting adds another layer, transcends the viewer into a world where Kai is still alive, into a world where Whishaw's pain can be understood.

7. Marina C.'s rating of the film Lilting

Lilting is exactly what it says it is: it's intimate and one feels almost in the skin of the translator, peeking in their lives. It has some peaks of great dialogue and overall good acting. The slow pace doesn't kill it because it's not a movie that grows slow - it has a mourning sort of limbo feeling to it from the start and so the numbness follows through and gives a nice effect to the film.

8. Dzernera's rating of the film Lilting

Apart from good acting, nothing else much that would make me stunned about this movie, huuh. Maybe had my expectations too high from the first minutes.

9. sekmadieniaislyja's rating of the film Lilting

<..> but i have nothing to move to,and nowhere to go.The scars beneath my skin suddenly surface and I get scared.

10. V.S. Luoma-aho's rating of the film Lilting

A sweet little film, althoug a bit touchy-feely. The setting is quite exquisite, even though I'm not sure whether I can completely buy Whishaw's character: he's almost too "good to" be true. The theme of putting old folks into homes could be much more raw, this here is mostly a palliative care. But I'm not complaining.

11. Rui Salgado's rating of the film Lilting

I started flipping bacon with chop sticks.

12. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Lilting

Some amazing moments - however, the inconsistent quality of acting weighed it down. This film reminded me of the good Yim Ho films.

13. Bernardo Crastes's rating of the film Lilting

It's a sweet movie with pretty imagery, nothing transcendent. Initially it seemed to be a bit lost, not really grasping any trail of thought, following vague ideas and mustering drama through hollow pensive shots and sad music. It eventually picks up, gaining strength and aim. The funny bits were thoroughly enjoyable.

14. Minna's rating of the film Lilting

(3.5) very touching and with some very poignant moments (Junn's monologue at the end was great), beautifully shot and with sensitive performances, but something seemed to be slightly lacking overall.

15. Samuel Donath's rating of the film Lilting

This movie killed me. I cried a few times by the end of it. The acting is so sensitive and well done. A fantastic film.

16. melancolia's rating of the film Lilting

There are so many heavy topics that lingered in this simple, yet heavy, film. It is very atmospheric and the acting is sublime. Ben Wishaw, it is time the world needs to focus on you.

17. Emily Sirko's rating of the film Lilting

Oh Ben sweetheart and your eyes full with tears. I couldn't hold any back.

18. Cody Hoskins's rating of the film Lilting

A touching and hear-rending study of grief, guilt, and guidance in the face of tragedy. Ben Whishaw unveils his emotions to the most dazzling effect to which we see a man with a heart that brings out the vulnerability and courage to persevere. Cheng Pei Pei provides a balance of calculating sternness, stubbornness, and sadness to reflect a broken image that is trying to come back together and find wholeness.

19. Henrique Amud's rating of the film Lilting

Such a sweet film. It keeps on promising and then it delivers in quite a beautiful, remarkably simple way. Ben Wishaw finally gets to shine in a part tailor made for him and all the cast are really formidable. Some talentless director could've deranged such a heartfelt story, but Hong Khaou is a very balanced director that has some smart flourishes that only contribute to his cast's work.

20. empcollapse's rating of the film Lilting

the whole film was me trying to hold back my tears and laughing at alan.

21. dave gunn's rating of the film Lilting

So many heavy topics in this, all tenderly and beautifully approached; very moving. Ben Whishaw's performance tore me up.

22. Chevalier de Pas's rating of the film Lilting

'He was my life (...) No, don't say that.'

23. Elif's rating of the film Lilting

i have no idea why people chose to make that kind of films then worse i choose to watch them. i didnt even get bored or annoyed while i was watching this.

24. nikolasminas's rating of the film Lilting