1. MistaRichard's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

2. Mitchell Glidden's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

One wonders if Ruiz would've directed this material this straight, though I suppose Sarmiento would know better than I. Still felt that I could've used the dreaminess that characterizes a lot of his other work, would've brought a neat dimension to a generally stodgy genre. The unnaturalness of war colliding with every day life.

3. Nick Potter's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

There are too many characters to follow, making me feel like this would be a good miniseries. However, beyond that quibble, I think everything else is done fairly well, and it didn't feel quite as long as it actually was.

4. David R Williams's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

A film about the insanity, the inanity, the degradation and despair of war.

5. chloe's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

beautifully shot, directed and acted, with just one flaw. after watching the extremely long 2.5hour film I had no idea what happened in the story. this scenic, rabling film consists of a series of largely disjointed scenes with no coherent plot.

6. jeremy foley's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

I liked this, definitely felt like portugese filmmaking

7. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Good cinematography (especially camera), historic accuracy, interesting elaboration of some characters. But the film in its entity doesn't work and is dramaturgically weak. Furthermore, the music is often out of place: always the same four or five something pieces used in different situations.

8. David Richards's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

A war movie without battles... just a few minor skirmishes. Instead it shows fleeing refugees, encampments, deserters, hospitals etc. I'm giving it three stars, mainly for the visuals. Something about it wasn't quite convincing. Everyone was so photogenic, good-looking. Scattered corpses seemed carefully arranged. Sometimes the dialog was corny and some of the actors too much of our time.

9. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Not much here. It's not really a Ruiz film. It's more like a generic war film. Ruiz had a way of making his films lyrical and thoughtful. This is none of the above.

10. J.J. 'Jake' Gittes's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Terribly boring. Incredibly bad. A huge disappointment.

11. Igor Ramos's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

The cinematography and historical representation of events and social dynamics were really good, with some exquisite scenes and landscapes... but I thought that the large ensemble cast, while gathering some impressive names, made it more difficult to create an interesting story arc and build characters that we could actually follow and care about.

12. Carlos Filipe Freitas's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Can’t hide gaps in its narrative, becoming dispersed in its innumerous details and characters. Full review and rating: http://alwayswatchgoodmovies.blogspot.com/2013/01/lines-of-wellington-2012.html

13. chrryblssmninja's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Cast correction: Ricardo Pereira isn't in this movie, unless there's an uncredited role not listed anywhere.

14. Daniel Roque's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Demasiadas storylines secundárias que prevalecem sobre a história que aqui interessa, deixada quase para segundo plano.

15. Sancar Seckiner's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

http://www.filmpressplus.com/?films=lines-of-wellington Too many players are telling nothing. It is not look like war zone. It is look like film studio. Expecting better from Raul Ruiz.

16. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

★★ I truly believe that it works better as a miniseries.

17. Catarina C Gomes's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

The illusion is shattered when women from the 19th century exhibit their perfectly shaved vaginas

18. Jorge Mourinha's rating of the film Lines of Wellington

Tonight, Matthew, you will attempt to be "Mysteries of Lisbon", and you will fail. (Honest effort nevertheless.)