1. panagiotatos's rating of the film L'inhumaine

2. Ruiz Buñuel's rating of the film L'inhumaine

One of those films where the last line gives it one extra star.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Une exceptionnelle conjonction artistique dans la réalisation du film : le peintre Fernand Léger, l'architecte Mallet-Stevens, le couturier Paul Poiret, le compositeur Darius Milhaud, les ballets de Rolf de Maré pour un résultat pas toujours convaincant à cause d'une lourde et désuète grandiloquence sporadique, d'une interprétation frisant parfois un certain ridicule. www.cinefiches.com

4. Feng Ling's rating of the film L'inhumaine

magnificent set designs... pleasant to the eyes even without any story... very nicely restored and the accompanying music is very fitting

5. Landen Celano's rating of the film L'inhumaine

6. Eric Adkins's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Oh My... With additional talents of René Clair and Alberto Cavalcanti supporting Marcel L'Herbier's voluminously "silent" masterpiece, how can you not hear what lies in state. This predates Metropolis in it's Art Deco mechanized designed world and mesmerizes with it's superimposed camera work and kinetic editing that predicted MTV sixty years prior. "I wanted to come for the dangerous experience" -Reveals title card.

7. Monkey Flix's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Hey! It's one of those "smart" TVs that invades your privacy!

8. Slappy McGee's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Pretty cool. Very fun and a great design. The ending really gets insane as well. Love that wackiness. It is also very reminiscent of the expressionistic movement films. Great stuff (although perhaps a bit too long).

9. SpacePirate's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Visually striking, but ultimately unsatisfying. I can tell the director is someone which I need to be more familiar with, just dont think the story was for me. Visually its one of the best silents I have seen. L'Argent is another film of his with high praise. Will check that out next. Thanks MUBI for shedding light on this relatively unsung silent. Deducting a half-star for the somewhat boring storyline, so 3.5

10. Loz Loory's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Fantastic sets and costumes have spectacular decorative arts influences: Art Nouveau, Art Deco, Dada, Mondrian, De Stijl, Bauhaus. Restored tinting is a treat. Dull plot: usual patriarchal warning to women who refuse to occupy subservient position. What's so bad about wanting to travel the world? Note anti-semitism in Kellerman figure, fascination with African "primitivism." First use of term "television"?

11. Matthew Nash's rating of the film L'inhumaine

12. Ben Loory's rating of the film L'inhumaine

wow, so much great stuff here! and the soundtrack is perfect. the story is, as is often the case, the weakest link, but whatever-- enjoyed every minute of this and would happily watch it again. never heard of it!

13. corycorycorycory's rating of the film L'inhumaine

WOW. I could watch this with no text cards, with scenes in any order, and still enjoy it. The music design is just incredible.

14. Myles's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Incredible! But like nearly all silent films, it's too long for the millennial attention span.

15. Stefan Drees's rating of the film L'inhumaine

An unbelievable strong and modern film: fast cuts and montages, dreamlike overlays, colored inserts, graphically exciting intertitles, artistic set design and exceptionally crazy laboratory sequences (with psychedelic impact during the last one). The new score, written by Aidje Tafial, works very well, especially when it is used to build up tension.

16. Daniel Lane's rating of the film L'inhumaine

An Amazingly Inventive Film, especially for its' time! (1924). The Art Deco set decorations are works of art. I noticed that Fernand Leger (great 20th Century Artist) was one of the team that produced the set designs........no wonder their so impressive!!!!! Thank-you to Mubi for bringing this Masterwork to everyone's attention.

17. David Richards's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Wow. Yes, the plot was a bit corny and the acting overly theatrical, but the visuals were amazing. I had never heard of this film, so it's a new discovery for me. The sets and costumes are amazing. The new music it was paired with was interesting, but also disappointing at times. When I see 1920s jazz being performed on screen I expect to hear something better than the tepid sounds presented here.

18. Mark's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Beautifully-rendered restoration predicts flat screen TVs (but way trippier), Nicolas Winding Refn, David Lynch, art deco mad scientists, MTV new wave bands and also presents all manner of social satire and cinematic invention.

19. Diderot's rating of the film L'inhumaine

An absolute masterpiece of surrealist cinema (even if it wasn't intended as such). Hopefully now that there's a good restoration of this movie, it will get some much-deserved recognition. Those servants in the opening party scene are pure gold.

20. El Biffo's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Every frame in this Silent Era Arthouse film is a work of art (sets by Fernand Leger!), but as a whole it is not compelling. Would be great projected on the wall during a party.

21. Stevie's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Perhaps the most modern of silent films, from the exquisite futuristic set designs to the restrained acting (for the era) to the, I believe, first use of the word "television", as a concept, in cinema. The actual storyline is perhaps fairly average but the visuals et al contribute to make this a must watch for cinephiles. The new 4K restoration, released by Flicker Alley, is astonishing, a must buy.

22. svvdvvmyn's rating of the film L'inhumaine

spectacular, flicker alleys score was out of control

23. Stephane Tanaka's rating of the film L'inhumaine

Overrated in my opinion. Great decorum ofc, but boring in the end

24. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film L'inhumaine