1. T.h. Marvelsteins's rating of the film L'innocente

"If one day I were to judge my existence I wouldn't want to feel ashamed" A damning delivery to the Nietzschean lead man who feels that neither man nor God can judge him. So he sinks deeper and deeper into this darkly decadent and disturbing tale of fin de siècle haunted desire and obsession leading to insanity. The torpidity only adding to the atmosphere of sultry immorality. Breathtaking mise en scène and music.

2. Christofi Cotonou's rating of the film L'innocente

Operatic. Clearly not considered the best of Visconti by my fellow cinephiles, there's a technical genius at play here and it demands we seek out the little details.

3. Dimitris's rating of the film L'innocente

With strong acting and production-wise and visually impeccable, Visconti's final film is betrayed by its script. The usually operatic Visconti, here becomes more melodramatic and soapy than truly tragic and existential. There is a layer of latent homoeroticism between Giannini and Porel, which is unfortunately never really examined, although its exploration would have helped to give the script the depth it needed.

4. Noëlle's rating of the film L'innocente

Operatic themes with fragile threads throughout. I feel sorrow and anger and I'm sure the story and the characters will remain with me for some time.

5. Kevin Matthews's rating of the film L'innocente

The final film from director Luchino Visconti is a tangled web of love, jealousy, and selfishness. While many may love the heady brew, I found it hard to care about any of the central characters, and was therefore rather unaffected by a finale that should have held a lot more power.

6. El Biffo's rating of the film L'innocente

I had to pause it several times to look at all the cool stuff in every scene.

7. Maribou's rating of the film L'innocente

A dark tale of villainy, madness and obsession. L'Innocente's ravishing opulence dazzles as Visconti sweeps us along in a slow, baroque arc toward the inevitable, black-hearted disaster. Shiveringly beautiful.

8. Diderot's rating of the film L'innocente

A beautiful final film from the master of ornate-yet-stoic emotions. Visconti is one of the under-appreciated movie geniuses, perhaps because his uniqueness is so old-fashioned. I think he's most fresh precisely when he's most mannered.

9. Arf's rating of the film L'innocente

una in più per Giannini

10. FISCHER's rating of the film L'innocente

Visconti abandonne ses démons intérieurs, et en particulier l'homosexualité, pour revenir à son style premier. Il nous offre un mélodrame inspiré d'un d'Annunzio égocentrique qui tente de solutionner son destin, par le meurtre de son enfant... www.cinefiches.com

11. postblueink's rating of the film L'innocente

8/10 (22.09.2016). The Great in his last film damned people literary called "innocent", putting an end to his remarkable creative life of director.

12. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film L'innocente

3.5 stars. I remember liking L'Innocente" when it first came out. Already a Visconti fan, especially of his "risorgimento" films, I thought this was a beautiful addition to his period movies. The two women are wonderful to observe. I'd forgotten the beauty of Jennifer O'Neill and the sensuality of Laura Antonelli.

13. Bonnet Michel's rating of the film L'innocente

14. José Neves's rating of the film L'innocente

Cinematography by Pasqualino De Santis.

15. Daniel S.'s rating of the film L'innocente

It's like a long walk in a museum, the production design being gorgeous. Even if I find the last scene between Giannini and O'Neill too long, the film is, in my opinion, a great introduction to both late XIXth century Italian literature and Visconti filmography. Highly recommended.

16. T. J. Harman's rating of the film L'innocente

A dark and underrated Visconti film. Giannini is great here as he is with his work with Lina Wertmuller.

17. Michele Andreoli's rating of the film L'innocente

cinque cazzo un fottuto cinque altissimo cazzo