1. Thomas Dods's rating of the film Lion

The first half is magnificent and heartbreaking - often dialogue free pure cinema. Whilst the second act is more conventional, the performances are very strong and the film maintains its emotional intelligence throughout. A pleasant surprise given the saccharin nature of Lion’s marketing campaign.

2. agostinellips's rating of the film Lion

This is one of those films that make me ignore its flaws and just get carried away.

3. Chichago_'s rating of the film Lion

Just another typical character that Dev Patel would be suitable to play. The true story itself is amazing, but somehow the depiction in the film didn't move me at all.

4. nadnab's rating of the film Lion

5. Mr.Rager's rating of the film Lion

Honestly i was expectin more from this movie, a lot more. The first part is very sensible, a raw emotion is felt from the very beginning. The cinematography is superb. Unfortunately the sec act is bad and doesn't know how to keep things on track. Mara is like a ghost here :( Sia's song also is "nah" and doesn't fit perfectly. 7/10.

6. Deiner's rating of the film Lion

I rarely cry when I watch movies but with this film I just couldn't hold back the tears. I loved the first half, it was raw and intense but also surprisingly touching. Unfortunately, the second half lost that special spark right until the last scenes, that's when I started crying like a baby. I liked the photography a lot and I think the actors gave really solid performances. Sunny Pawar in particular was phenomenal.

7. ara's rating of the film Lion

dev and that child actor were both amazing in this. this is a very powerful film about memory and feeling like a part of yourself is lost (and then finding that and redeeming yourself). i think the cynics that weren't swayed have not experienced that feeling. this could have been corny, oscar-bait, and I went in thinking this, but this was simply a good film if watch closely and let yourself believe (lol)

8. janice.hughes's rating of the film Lion

A small Indian boy Saroo is left on the platform by his brother, jumps on the standing train then ends up a thousand miles away lost in every way. He suffers many perils but winds up being adopted by an Australian family with Nicole Kidman as his new mother in Tasmania.

9. Malik Dowdy's rating of the film Lion

I felt like this film never left its feet.

10. Lewis Taylor's rating of the film Lion

An enchanting first act, unfolding with a quiet, affecting simplicity, degenerates the moment we leave India, and find ourselves trapped in Saroo's dull, ham-handed family/relationship drama. *Adult life* isn't quite so magical.

11. Morris Bros.'s rating of the film Lion

12. Ordet Ordet's rating of the film Lion

Nothing but great acting by saroo boy.

13. Smaro Papaevangelou's rating of the film Lion

14. Amandio Filipe Moura's rating of the film Lion

15. Renton47's rating of the film Lion

Can we at least be thankful this film has the decency to unfold chronologically? Accepting we might watch scenes without stars, not spoken in English... then it unfolds with inevitability, feelings yelled loudly despite a certain grace in the moving first half. Davis relies a tad heavily on montage, and maybe with space and silence his films will breathe. Of course I was terribly moved.

16. fabian_dellamonica's rating of the film Lion

17. Laura Ivaškėvičiūte's rating of the film Lion

crying like a baby after watching this. heartbreaking

18. Dan's rating of the film Lion

I can't even lie about not being moved by the ending but there's so little else at work here - with the exception of a great Hercules and Love Affair track.

19. Mic-kosh-ka's rating of the film Lion

20. Eeeeeeeeeee's rating of the film Lion

21. etblikk's rating of the film Lion

First half with the boy is magic. The rest is shit.

22. _dea00's rating of the film Lion

23. Lance L O T's rating of the film Lion

I don't want to give it 1 star, but at times...First of all, I get crossed with the idea that it's a real story, so therefore it is better than fiction.Quite the opposite, immediately there are things you know can't happen, which disappoints me.Good performances, specially Kidman, but the solution is always so close and the conflicts of his decision are poorly explored, it becomes a local folklore movie to watch.

24. Maria Pia's rating of the film Lion