1. Heather Andersen Ower's rating of the film Lips of Blood

2. spasmolytic's rating of the film Lips of Blood

3. Paolo Simeone's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Usual movie by Rollin making no sense at all. I suppose he was in cinema biz just for the pussy and how could you blame him? What he couldn't have known was there would have been a lot of people stealing his visual ideas, that -yes- they were quite good, just to try make their crappy music projects a little bit more interesting.

4. EdieEmm's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Fully self-aware, charmingly impish and endearingly unpretentious, this is my favourite Rollin so far. A melodramatic, strangely innocent, gleeful Freudian romp through repressed memories, family trauma, sex, death and mother issues, leading to a triumphant (and super cute) victory over the REAL vampire of Psychic Baggage. Beautiful, disarmingly genuine & hilarious.

5. msmichel's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Stylish erotic horror film from director Rollin that finds a man haunted by his forgotten childhood suddenly remembering a girl when he sees a photo of some ruins and a castle. As he tries to discover their locale he is drawn into a world of lies, secrets....and vampirism. Not as silly as it sounds this atmospheric tale is an enjoyable watch even as it scraps along the side of soft core erotica.

6. Timmy93's rating of the film Lips of Blood

I watched Fascination before this and thought it was fine not a good movie. The beautiful naked ladies compel me to give another Rollin movie a try. This is even worse than Fascination. The plot is a huge mess and the acting is laughable. Good set design and beautiful actresses do not save a bad film.

7. lostlevel's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Quite enjoyable, surprisingly interesting and compelling imagery of chasing obscure memories of desire.

8. ArmandS's rating of the film Lips of Blood

You won't find great acting or great scripts with Rollin's films, but there always is an enigmatic and erotic sense of atmosphere. And here, compelling imagery, interesting locations, and even a certain poetic sensibility to it all. This is 70s erotic horror by way of France, so be prepared for something completely different.

9. T Mills's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Great introduction to a director I didn't know. The kind of horror I really enjoy, from the same vein as The Shining.

10. Scienceofphantoms's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Immaculate shots, little plot. Aspiring filmmaker friend watched this with me, kept criticizing its amateurish character and I'm like, that's the idea?

11. Joe Pryweller's rating of the film Lips of Blood

One of Rollins' most accessible films, it's another meditation on sex and death, requiring a suspension of logic. Just go with it and you'll discover the many charms in its hidden chamber of horrors. Despite the usual wooden acting (and nudity) on display here, it's an oddly poetic and Proustian work of memory and childhood in a surrealistic wrapping.

12. mpho3's rating of the film Lips of Blood

A beautifully remastered print that allows the atmosphere and visuals to captivate if you can ignore the fact that the plot is as thin as the brood's gauzy garb.

13. Duncan Gray's rating of the film Lips of Blood

The first time I saw this, I was very impressed! Rollin lives up to his "undiscovered cult master" reputation here. Anyone attempting to watch this lasciviously will probably turn it off in frustration by minute 10, but what you get instead is a grindhouse Vertigo, building an atmosphere of mystery in the Feuillade/Franju tradition and sporting one of the smarter film-within-a-film moments known to postmodernism.

14. Max Seqgar's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Beautiful ambiance, elegant soundtrack, sexual liberation... they don't make B-movies like they used to.

15. barleeku@comcast.net's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Again, this guy has a leaden touch when it comes to horror or suspense. He does have a great way with set design though. The women in the film walk around like dazed models looking for a runway. The plot had some promise but was butchered as it unfolded. Enough with the Rollin!

16. Dodd Alley's rating of the film Lips of Blood

This is considerably more uneven than Rollin's other film posted weeks earlier, "The Iron Rose". Despite the gratuitous nudity and somewhat silly moments, there are beautiful aspects of this movie begging to be admired.

17. Wee Hunk's rating of the film Lips of Blood

If you can get past the cheap production value and gratuitous nudity you will find horrible acting, stagnant staging, and a ridiculous plot.

18. Samuel T.'s rating of the film Lips of Blood

Is it wrong that ...I recently saw my babysitter from when I was 12 for the first time in twenty-something years (and am still wildly attracted to her), and this film has me ravenously hunting for her address/ contact info several states away? Probably problematic... (true story, perverse yes, but a carnal mist everyone can relate to, no? Wish me luck??) Leave it to Jean.

19. jamesey's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Get past the cheap production value and gratuitous nudity and this movie is actually interesting. A man is determined to uncover a mystery in his past and all sorts of things happen around him. You never really know who is good and who is bad. This is fun. Is it wrong to wish for a modern day remake?

20. Frank ViSo's rating of the film Lips of Blood

È esattamente lì, attraverso quella suggestiva carrellata circolare eseguita nella silenziosità di quei luoghi popolati di meravigliose "sentinelle" esangui, che la regia di Rollin si eleva con uno sguardo genuinamente contemplativo... http://visionesospesa.blogspot.it/2015/04/il-lirismo-vampirico-di-jean-rollin-2.html

21. Pymo's rating of the film Lips of Blood

22. tibber's rating of the film Lips of Blood

It's become my mission in life to convince as many people as possible that Rollin was a misunderstood genius.

23. This is Jake Kath's rating of the film Lips of Blood

Even though I wasn't that taken with it, I am still curious to see more from Jean Rollin. Too many sluggish thriller scenes and not enough surrealism to keep me captivated. Nice Gothic horror elelments though.

24. T. J. Harman's rating of the film Lips of Blood

The ending is perverse and oddly touching. This is my third Rollin film and I like how he mixes the art film with the exploitation movies. Unfortunately, he's too ponderous and slow for a lot of modern film fans so he'll probably never catch on like someone like Russ Meyer.