1. Samuel Andrade's rating of the film Liquid Sky

2. Benjamin Reid's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Quintessential no wave cinema about a UFO seeking heroin and orgasms. A singular film experience. Very trippy. How the hell did Anne Carlisle and Slava Tsukerman not become huge after this? Also, the weird soundtrack is one of the greatest of all time (the "me and my rhythm box" scene!!). It is a bit of a hard sell because a lot of it is really disturbing, but it certainly uses its violence with feminist intentions.

3. dionysus67's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Neon-lit phantasmagoria, this cult 80s sci-fi revels in the drug culture of postmodern urbanity, the fashion extravaganza of post-punk, new wave subcultures and the androgynous sexual experimentation that generated the contemporary fascination for hybridity. The attractive aesthetic disintegrates quickly due to the hocus pocus narrative, yet leaving a sense of the undescribable in the odd proceedings. A curiosity.

4. Seesaw's rating of the film Liquid Sky

5. the_mentaculus's rating of the film Liquid Sky

I kinda loved this. It's a mess of pacing, but has a gritty, no-f&*^s brashness about it that I found impossible to dismiss. It may also be a potent witness to sexual abuse PTSD, but laced with heroin, aliens, androgyny, and new wave cultural posturing. Its daring and desire stick with you.

6. Vera Kavaleuskaya's rating of the film Liquid Sky

or maybe 3,5 it could be perfect without the last 10 minutes

7. Rocco's rating of the film Liquid Sky

A bonafide counterculture masterpiece that seems to encapsulate the New Wave of the 1980s while still feeling completely timeless and not of this earth. A film about feeling trapped (by drugs, by gender, by sex) with a chillingly prescient death-by-fucking angle. Carlisle’s androgynous Margaret embracing abduction by invisible extra-terrestrials is the Cinderella story as a balm to the nihilism of the era.

8. ñiñiñi's rating of the film Liquid Sky

toda esa violencia hacia la chica, no se que pienso al respecto

9. Eric Eidelstein's rating of the film Liquid Sky

If only all the assholes I have fucked were vaporized after orgasming.

10. MATTEO BITTANTI's rating of the film Liquid Sky

11. El Biffo's rating of the film Liquid Sky

12. Rūdolfs R. Vītoliņš's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Very beautiful and strange movie abut aliens in New York fashion/heroin scene who are trying to get human endorphins produced by the brain when an orgasm occurs, unfortunately humans die in the process. During the August Putsch of 1991, Gorbachev, who was under house arrest in Crimea, watched this film.

13. Howard Fritzson's rating of the film Liquid Sky

I was wild about this movie when it first came out. I thought it had everything...brains, lunacy, beauty. I don't know if it holds up but I have to see it again.

14. Juurakkotukka's rating of the film Liquid Sky

15. Henri de Corinth's rating of the film Liquid Sky

16. Robert smith's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Incredible sets, costumes, music. Pretty insane plot too, made me pretty fucking embarrassed to have a penis to be honest. Amazing stuff.

17. polkasan's rating of the film Liquid Sky

18. Andrew Miller's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Saw a new pressing of the soundtrack (vinyl, of course) not long ago, and felt a Proustian rush.

19. rulesofachia's rating of the film Liquid Sky

20. CarlosEsquives's rating of the film Liquid Sky

Una película que sobresale por ser recuadro de una época, de un estilo de vida, una moda, y que en base a eso recrea una historia sci-fi. Es la modelo andrógena, rodeada de la iluminación neón, drogas, sexo y una rutina que la humilla. "Liquid sky" es una suerte de venganza de un personaje visto y usado como objeto de explotación de un negocio y un circuito. Cual slasher, cazará en base al sexo, eso que la cosificó.

21. Raymond Likes Subtitles's rating of the film Liquid Sky

22. Wasunan T's rating of the film Liquid Sky

23. sabbi irimiás esaú alzate botero's rating of the film Liquid Sky

preachy gender studies class material only like............ so much fun

24. Cependant's rating of the film Liquid Sky