1. Adam Whybray's rating of the film Listen to Britain

I thought I'd like this more but, then again, had forgotten that I really don't much like my native country. Still, there is a reserved beauty in the transitions and I'm glad that the War produced more than bullish propaganda. Truthfully Brexit has completely soured me to the "Keep Calm and Carry On' myth of old England. You can't take the Empire Marketing Board out of the GPO.

2. Log Lady's rating of the film Listen to Britain

A wonderful glimpse to wartime England and its ordinary people sans narration (skip the introduction, it's pointless and takes away from the mood of the piece), skillfully masked propaganda (everyone can construe the message how they want), and exploration of mind vs emotion or myth vs. reality. Still, I can't help thinking there would have been potential for a proper expanded full-length film.

3. FISCHER's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Une importance exceptionnelle est donnée à la musique sous toute ses formes, permettant d'imprimer aux messages ainsi diffusés, une tonalité beaucoup moins martiale que les habituelles réalisations propagandistes, dont l'effet devrait être d'une efficacité décuplée, par son coté visuellement poétique et séduisant... www.cinefiches.com

4. Funda Can Çuvalcı's rating of the film Listen to Britain

3.5/5. A portrayal of a country during an important period. Also propagandist aims can be seen.

5. tintinmugshot's rating of the film Listen to Britain

6. Michael Zyx MH Claes's rating of the film Listen to Britain

BRITISH PROPAGANDA. En ce jour de Brexit saluons le courage des Britanniques qui choisissent d'être chez eux, entre eux & libres, plutôt qu'assujettis aux bureaucrates des 27. Ah, être avec eux & se retrousser les manches! = In these Brexit day, hail the courage of the Brits who choose to remain together & free, rather than under the 27 bureaucracy. I'd love to be with them & roll up the sleeves!

7. findfilm's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Stunning - every frame of every scene is meticulously presented with natural light used to the maximum. Snatches of conversations, brass bands, classical piano, and the sounds of aircraft and factories are mixed in to add a further dimension. Scenes of London and the english countryside with extremes of manufacturing and nature are equally superbly balanced. And there's even a celebrity appearance. Essential viewing.

8. captainfez's rating of the film Listen to Britain

9. fearraigh's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Time and the flow of history have added extra layers of meaning to Jennings' documentaries, rendering them almost an avant-garde film in their execution and their at times blithe nonchalance at the suffering of Londoners. An interesting counterpoint to the St Petersburg portrayed in Loznitsa's Blockade. A quietly brilliant film.

10. Graceful Photon's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Mid-40s British propaganda documentary that offers a vision of what was being fought for, and a vision of people working diligently towards that end. Generally, and in some specific images, the picture seems to be a bit of a predecessor to Powell and Pressburger's A Canterbury Tale.

11. Mohammad Aboomar's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Amazing how this have been produced in the thick of WWII!!

12. Paul Rot's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Awful quality. Restoration needed. This wont happen at www.filmstruck.com

13. Bilouaustria's rating of the film Listen to Britain

High-quality propaganda. Jennings shows a community and give a feeling of urgency, mixing images of joy, dance, children playing, with those of frightening machines, radio calls and very low flying military planes. War is coming, rater soon than later. And you know it, without voice over, because the images speak for themselves.

14. Laura Suffield's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Really loved this. So cleverly conveys an entire panorama of the country in such a short space of time, using music and nature to contrast with war and industry. Of course it's propaganda: it's supposed to be, but it's lasted over the years remarkably well. I was born 20 after the war ended but it reminded me very poignantly of things that still survived then, like the children's games. I wish it was longer.

15. r u f o's rating of the film Listen to Britain

16. ssolf's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Quiet and sophisticated propaganda. The brilliant editing and sound design combine to create a subtle poetry as Jennings and Mcallister weave between high and low class, country and city. A very powerful and experimental film.

17. Ricardo Branco's rating of the film Listen to Britain

18. James Demitriou's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Did not like it at first found it depressing! But after watching it again I found it to be a masterpeice. You can see the misery of war on the English people despite them doing things to distract themselves from it! I have to say this in an amazing national treasure short film!

19. Stefan Drees's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Very interesting and experimental wartime documentary, primarily working with light, shadow, movement and sound. Starting with scenes from agriculture, it confronts us with different aspects of work and society up to the high culture activities (concert and museum) and - of course - the wartime production of weapons.

20. Gerard Corvin's rating of the film Listen to Britain

The documentary as an art form. Sublime

21. oldmovieguy's rating of the film Listen to Britain

Probably the most influential documentary maker of WW2 and his films are not available on Mubi, plenty of rubbish from people you have never heard of though, I guess that about sums Mubi up.

22. Richmond Hill's rating of the film Listen to Britain

A doughty little piece of propaganda that despite the intent manages to convey something of what was (perhaps erroneously) being fought for, and in hindsight what was lost anyway. Perhaps we didn't listen carefully enough..

23. InsertOzuReferencehere's rating of the film Listen to Britain

One of the great British films of all time